1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Red film over lights?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by NaturalHealthForLife, Oct 5, 2016.

1. My house has LED light panels under the kitchen cabinets for countertop lighting.

I was wondering if anyone had tried putting a red film over this type of lighting strips to make them red.

Would this be effective in blocking blue light do you think?

I am thinking of some type of cellophane, maybe like what the crew guys would put over a spotlight in play. I looked for red LED lightbulbs to install in the fixtures, but did not see them on Google, Amazon or a few specialty lightbulbs stores.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

3. Awesome! I will check those out. I assume you're liking it pretty well, if you've got it up all over? :)

4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I didn't want red because I have an eye problem, poor night vision and have difficulty seeing through red glasses at night, but I wanted more blocking than my normal Amber glasses. I've got a lee filters swatch so picked a couple of very deep Amber ones that I can function with, and then bought the gel with most blue blocking. Sleep is better ... :)

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

A good recap of light .

6. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

I found an orange packing tape that seems to work well I have black and blue light. Are used a single layer of it in my LED lit refrigerator and it seems to work. Since you don't that much time in your refrigerator it's probably adequate. I also have some LED under cabinet lights in my kitchen, where I'm using two layers of tape. I got the tape on Amazon here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NHAH7I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

is anyone filtering out the blue from uv lights? i was thinking of getting some of these gels to filter the blue out and pass the uv frequencies.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm using the atmosphere to filter light.

Brent Patrick and John Saf like this.
  9. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

hehe yah, nature as the filter! i have noticed that a lot of the uv bulbs on the market have huge spikes in 420-480. is there a way to filter those frequencies with gels and allow the uv to pass?

drezy likes this.
  10. Martha Barger

Martha Barger New Member

Hi Drezy-
    Does this mean you avoid artificial lighting... or how do you use the atmosphere to filter light?

drezy likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

I rearranged the majority of my life around solar redox. Other than when I shop for groceries, I'm outdoor all day long.

At any given time I'm either:
    • Sun baking (whilst writing software)
    • Cold tubbing (in the sun)
    • Working on a construction site (usually with some clothing on for that one)
    • Seated under a peach tree if I need a break from the direct sun
    Things I still need to change:
    • Set myself up to cook breakfast outside (that's a big one)
    • Make some more basic improvements outdoors to make it brainlessly convenient to be outside

12. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

How do you keep your computer cool enough in the heat?

I also do most everything outside and definitely want a summer kitchen. I could easily use the grill for breakfast, but the logistics of carrying everything in and out seems to make it almost not worth it. So usually my husband makes my breakfast! :D We do much of homeschool outside and eat meals outside.

Christine_L, Martha Barger and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Good question and star thinking.

Ultimately I don't.

I try to find spots where I can place the thing in the shade while still getting sun. Sometimes that's not possible and I'll put it into a used amazon box that I should spray paint white someday.

It's kinda fun to watch the system slowdown dramatically in the shade when I feel just fine in the sun.

I love the sound of your setup and how you are raising your best and ultimate investments in the world's future.

I love to hear that dads are cooking. Traditionally guys are raised up to embrace the role of provider. More often than not providing means going somewhere else and doing something away from family. Cooking is such a fun thing for me as a guy because I get to provide directly and be there in that moment.

@Martha Barger come to think of it I DO have one red film over a light in my house... some red cellophane from wrapping paper over my refrigerator light.

Sean Waters, Christine_L and LieselK like this.
  14. Martha Barger

Martha Barger New Member

Thanks for the link.. was wondering how do you know that is blocking blue light well? I am wondering if it is coloring with or of any material all that is needed for filtering

15. Martha Barger

Martha Barger New Member

Great! When the Whys get big enough the How to's show up...motivation growing for being effortlessly convenient to be matched to nature.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Alex97232, drezy and LieselK like this.
  16. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

This made me chuckle! This is what I do also. There's a spot by my old crappy tall table that I can shove most of the laptop in the shade of the closed umbrella and I'm still in the sun. It's as good as it gets I guess. I considered putting ice packs underneath a tray beneath it the other day.

Thanks, that's such nice encouragement! It's far from pretty and certainly not perfect, but it's still good.

D was a bachelor before we started dating and living on his own. I very much appreciate his developed skills in all things. It's so nice to be able to share tasks. I have plenty of my own power tools and it's not threatening to D if I take up projects myself. Sometimes we fall into traditional roles. It's always changing.

I'm currently torn between wanting my kids outside 24/7 and having them come and help with cooking. In fact, I'm heading in to make dinner, while 2 of the 3 keep swimming!

Christine_L and drezy like this.
  17. Why arent you exclusively using farmers markets?

drezy likes this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

I do a couple lamb stews a week from farmers markets.

I don't think food is the answer @Christine_L .

Granted, boxes, packs, and pouches of food do not make it into my home. I've run a scratch kitchen for the last 15 years.

I used to think it was the scratch kitchen method that saved our "bacon".

Instead I've now come to fully grasp how our time outside in a non-artic circle latitude for the last decade probably did more.

19. I mentioned the farmers market in jest :D Youre doing an amazing job already!