1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Red eyes in the sun

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by John Saf, Apr 1, 2018.

1. John Saf

John Saf New Member

The sun is back here at 62'N. We are spending all day outside. My kids love the sun.
    My oldest girl (4.5years and blue eyes) get red eyes after some hours outside in the sun/snow. No pains, complains or problems. It is ok the next morning. My son (2years brown eyes) dont get red eyes.
    Shold i put on sunglasses mid day? She wears a cap without any less red eyes.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If someone is not sun hardened,
    it take about a month to get used to.

John Saf and Brent Patrick like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Take it easy,
    specially first 14 sunny days

John Saf and Brent Patrick like this.
  4. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Yeah ease it in the sun, especially with younger ones who have been inside (?) for winter. We are not all like @JanSz who walk around with golden tanned skin and can adjust immediately to the equator sun. :cool:

JanSz likes this.
  5. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Thank you for your comments. Today they had sunglasses 3 hours in the middle of the day, and her eyes was not red before bed. She did not like them at all, but we will ease in to it so we can put them away.
    We are always outside when we can, but the wintersun is weak. Mid winter we only have 1 hours sun over the mountain tops. (Now we have 12 with a different strength). So the difference is huge.

6. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Sunset mid winter from our house.

Attached Files:

WalterNL likes this.