1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recycling of Mg in cells

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by marcus, Jul 10, 2013.

1. marcus

marcus New Member

Hi everyone!

I am not a chemistry geek, so maybe the answer to my question is quite simple. I am thinking about this one: Mg (magnesium) is essential in the metabolism of the cell, especially for ATP. Where does it end up in the whole process of energy production? Can't it be recycled? Will it finally leave the cell / body? Bound to which endproduct?

Thx

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it can be recycled but it is coupled to Calcium homeostasis.......when calcium is forced to do something unusual like it is by and EFL EMF........Magnesium cant not work......it loses it dance partner and it loses water........and Maggie is hydrophillic........it can not work in a dehydrated landscape.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I can attest to this... in the past 2 months my Mag RBC has gone from 5.3 to 6.3 and with that increase has been a extraordinary need for water. And once we switched to RO water, that need became even greater. Especially when stressed, I've been doing more Mag foot soaks - and the need for water increases.

4. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

I get lower leg muscle cramping that is instantly resolved by drinking a small quantity of water. I never have the muscle cramping except when it's nearly time to get up in the morning. It wakes me.

Perhaps water is used in some way every time magnesium is? And, especially at night, when there might be a lot of processes going that use magnesium, and there is no steady intake of water, my body is running out of water and getting dehydrated.

I am now taking around 600 mg elemental magnesium orally each day (400 in malate, 200 in bisglycinate). I am also applying mag chloride generously twice per day. My daily water intake is about 5-6 litres of good water (ice cold, non-fluoridated spring water).

Now I'm wondering if I reduce the mag just a little, maybe my body hydration would last through the night? It might mean that there is a little less mag available for processes, but I might get another half hour or so of sound sleep...

Does this make sense? Or am I completely confused here.

5. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

Personally, I found the more magnesium the better regarding leg cramps up to 1200 mg Magnesium/day. I thought that it was amazing that my bowel tolerance was that high. My curcumstance maybe fairly unique - currently consume A2 milk kiffer daily, long history of high carb and relatively low fat, years of chelated calcium suppliments and 10 yrs of hypothyroidism. Plenty of RO water and modest salt. Lab numbers seem to be moving into place.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

in summer........my mag level intake goes up huge. I am at 3200- 4000 mgs a day in divided doses of 800 mgs.

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  7. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Do you mean 3200 - 4000 mgs of elemental magnesium?

For example, my Mag Malate capsules are each 870 mg of Mag Malate, and provide just 100 mgs of elemental magnesium. I'd have to take 40 capsules to get to 4000 mgs of elemental magnesium.

8. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

The other day was hot compared to what I'm used to (25C) and I went for a walk that was about 4 miles. That day I didn't have much of an appetite and felt good. However the following day my period started which made my cycle length only 21 days! Could I have been dehydrated even although I thought I was drinking enough water and also taking 4 x magnesium malate tablets? Maybe this caused the short cycle?

9. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

In the past when I learned that there were forms like mg malate, mg glucinate, mg taurate, and others.. I noticed, like you, that mg malate didn't supply as much mg as some of the other forms. My form of choice because of that right now is mg glycinate though I do take mg taurate every now and then because the taurine is supposed to be great for the heart. I understand that glycine is utilized to help neutralize/bind toxins. Also, pure mg oil can be spritzed into a water bottle or drinking water throughout the day which would replace some of the mg pills.

(Not that it matters, but Glycine and TMG taste "sweet")

10. Dextery

Dextery New Member

Magnesium sulfate...Epson Salts...used as a foot soak or total body immersion in a bath is an excellent source of Mg...absorbed through the largest gland humans have....the skin.

Martha Ray likes this.
  11. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

How much Magnesium do you recommend? I usually spray Ancient Magnesium oil on me which says that 8 sprays = 100mg of elemental magnesium.... Ingredients: water, Genuine Zechstein magnesium chloride.... then take 2 tsp. of Natural Calm which is ionic magnesium citrate (created from a highly absorbable proprietary blend of citric acid and magnesium carbonate) which yields 350mg.... so total for me probably like 550mg???? I'm 5'3 1/2" about 95-100lbs.......

12. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

I had my magnesium tested last summer and it was 2.2 with reference range of 1.7-2.6...

13. marcus

marcus New Member

Hey guys,

why are you all supplementing magnesium? I prefer a lifestyle without supplementing. I don't think our ancestors were supplementing as well :) Is it for the purpose of a transition towards a ketogenic diet and overcoming health problems? I don't think you will supplement magnesium for the rest of life, right?

Cheers
    marcus

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

MArcus it is a great standard to have, now let me ask you something to ponder.........is today's food or modern world the same as it was for your ancestors? This is why the past should have no direction on the future.........it is an illusion to believe this. Only today's condition should create your now. This is the math of evolutionary design.

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Most of us do not have optimal use of quantum biology, because our nanotubes are scarce, or not completely filled with structured water, or we live in cities with hazy skies blocking the sun, or we cannot completely escape the EMF onslaught. So our mitochondria have to work overtime. Not just to unfold proteins correctly, or to provide backup energy, but to provide primary energy. So we need a lot more magnesium than our ancestors needed. It's difficult for a chemical system to replace what quantum biology used to do effortlessly.

Martha Ray likes this.
  16. marcus

marcus New Member

Yeah, the world changed. There are people claiming food doesn't contain as much minerals as centuries before (in terms of quantity of each mineral). I am not sure about this claim. But besides this fact I tend to 'supplement' by choosing proper foodstuff instead of supplementing. What about 'argile verte' for example (its a french word - just type it in 'google image search' - i couldn't find an english translation for that).

17. marcus

marcus New Member

So let me ask you this: how do you determine your correct needs of magnesium? Did you vary the amount over weeks? What did you experience? How long are you already supplementing?

18. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

greensand?

19. Martha Ray

Martha Ray New Member

Just to get off pharmacutically produced supplements going to switch from Magnesium L-Threonate to a 1000% food Food Research brand of Magnesium Complex
    Magnesium Complex
    Item No. 567 - By Food Research
    And eat more local food

Any other Magnesium foods than these...
    Peas, Broccoli, Oatmeal with butter and lightly roasted Flaxseed, and Almonds or Cashew nuts. (Off grains except for some Oatmeal and Wild Rice in limited amounts). Banana only in mid summer.