1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recommendation for Adrenal Glandular

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Huck, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

After several months of taking adaptogens, my morning cortisol is lower than before I started taking them. Can anyone recommend a good adrenal glandular?

2. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I am taking cytozyme AD by Biotics

3. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Do you guys know of any options for raw adrenals without the cortisol/adrenaline component?

4. Huck

Huck Silver

Some of them are just bovine adrenals. I was looking at Swanson.

5. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

Nutricology makes some good adrenal glandulars. They have a selection of whole adrenal, adrenal cortex or adrenal medulla to choose from.

6. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Thanks, Huck and Hazy. I'm currently taking Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder. Does anyone have experience with that?

7. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

I haven't taken any of his supplements, but I love his book!

8. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Should I be taking an adrenal support, if my morning and day cortisol is a sort of OK but my night cortisol spikes? I just don't want to make my night cortisol go any higher.

I am trying to lower the night one with PS and magnesium. I think it is getting better but am still waking up during the night and can feel the rush.

9. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

I would take cortisol modulators. Ashwaganda during the day is supposed to help modulate cortisol at night. It's also generally supportive of the adrenals.

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Thanks, hazyjane, I'll give it a try.

11. 2bls

2bls New Member

I've been trying Relora(300 mg) and Holy Basil(500 mg) along with 50-100 mg of B6 before bed and that seems to dial down the cortisol. I am not waking in the night(1-3 am) but the lightening of the sky wakes me between 5 and 5:30 am. I'm able to roll over and sleep for another hour or so...if I feel jittery from the cortisol spike in the am, I'll take another capsule of the Relora and the Holy Basil. I've had some pretty good nights of sleep(interesting dreams too!) since I started doing this. I don't even have to get up for the bathroom on these nights!

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That is interesting. I would be happy to wake at 5 am instead of 2am. I've been taking Ashwaganda. Is it OK to add Relora and Holy Basil?