1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recoen

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by recoen, Nov 3, 2018.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Possibly rather than 3 hrs
    do it for 5 hrs

check glucose AND insulin
    make chart (better than mine)

You are likely producing too much insulin
    and have to find out why

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. drezy

drezy Gold

A long long time ago I used to take cordyceps. I never realized holy basil was an adaptogen. We grow that and it takes over our garden unless we eat a bunch in the spring and summer. It goes really well in Thai pork dishes and Vietnamese fatty pork lettuce wraps with a nice turmeric bomb FYI.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

contact support and ask about a consult.

Have you read Jack's book? he goes over labs etc in it.

7. recoen

recoen Gold

@caroline thank you! And yes I have. I am more wondering if he has updated his list since then.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

maybe ask support that question too.

Don't forget to trust the Doctor in your head - above anyone else. Your intuition in how you feel and visible cues from your body tell us so much.

A test is only a moment in time ..........

Somewhere here - way back ........there is a thread about how to make the most of a consult with Jack. Most of us have lists of questions and our head is buzzing.

We are so intent on asking all our questions we are only half paying attention to what Jack is saying to us, and consequently missing so much of the really important stuff.

recoen likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Did you see the "ask Jack" question about labs?

What can I call you?

10. recoen

recoen Gold

@caroline my name is Kathleen. I am very pleased to be acquainted with you all (extends a virtual hand :)).

I found the 4 September 2018 post where he says to not worry about them for now and to worry more about my, my mother, and my grandmothers history. Thank you! I am rereading through all of his original articles and he seems to really stress a lot of labs then. But this seems to be in contradiction to his current articles especially the fact that labs are not light controlled. Hence my confusion.

I know he really recommends 23&me but I am highly skeptical of giving a private company my genetic information. I know the federal government probably has it (without me knowing... probably some weird consent I unknowingly approved of) from my time in the navy. But I am not convinced of handing it over freely. Do you think my family history will suffice?

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do not be mislead about not testing.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do your best reading tests.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Look up Jack's list of tests, get max you can.
    Look up my tests, do max you can.
    Post your background and all your tests for review.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Kathleen! pleased to meet you too.

15. Penny

Penny New Member

I've raised the dead with rhodiola... even now when I want some "heavy artillery", I use it... I would love to know how it works in a quantum fashion - like is it because it is grown in the Arctic? It gets lots of red light? Would you get the same effect if it was grown in California? Ever since methylene blue though, I haven't needed it - I actually never "needed" it, but anyone I ever helped has been helped with rhodiola... but lately, I have begun to fathom what JK is saying about opium,nicotine,pot,caffeine - vs. DHA (PI electron cloud) + sunlight - they are energy analogs - like you can eat seafood and get some UV light like your body actually was designed to do, or you can use the photon trap-ish analogs of the aforementioned "vices" - so, as usual, your environment is killing you - which leads me to my next question - do you have these issues if you go out into the sticks? So, eat more seafood, and use more light therapy - even maybe get one of those Jove lights or whatever panel of leds that are talked about on this forum - especially if you crave the aforementioned vices -

Dean6789 likes this.
  16. Penny

Penny New Member

oh yeah - I remember that - I used cordyceps and holy basil - it was the energy bomb:)

17. Penny

Penny New Member

I think 23andme would have been a great idea - think about it, say you have B12 SNPs, and then you are in an environment that annihilates B12 via freed up vitamin a - your energy will go down the tubes - say also, you don't make superoxide dismutase - well, you won't make glutathione because of the B12, catalase will be annihilated the same way and you will also make no SOD... a three-fer - this is relevant for you because you can now not escape the "soup" - it used to be you could just eat seafood, go outside and your SNPs wouldn't express - that is not an option for you at the moment and soon will not be an option for me either... then the hard choices come...

If you just get an adrenal panel, you can know a lot... as you need vitamin a to make any of it - even just getting a DHEA/vitamin D will tell you a lot -

18. Penny

Penny New Member

19. recoen

recoen Gold

@Penny thankfully I have never had those vices! And yes I still have the same issues when I am in places with no cell phone signal or WiFi. I seem to be having fewer episodes. We will see with this months period. Someone else recommended doing 23&me using a different name.

20. recoen

recoen Gold