1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recoen

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by recoen, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

If you start to feel "sick" - just stick 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide in a humidifier and run a UV light (batteries and bulbs has a good one) all night - presto, not sick any more - also, this is the number one hack for you to do except for getting more sun and getting out of your crappy environment: eat a can of oysters every day at dinner - I stick a glob of garlic/turmeric/black pepper (I make up a batch of it in a food processor and stick it in a mason jar) and a crap ton of salt and Siracha sauce - it's insane how great this is for sleep - and it's the best anti-diuretic that I know of - it has to be oysters - get them from Trader Joes - clams/fish do not hold a candle to this hack... if you can afford raw ones, be my guest -

Also, get some bone broth down every day - fantastic for you - the quickest way is probably make that 20 minute bonito broth the Japanese use - the selenium and iodine and salt are also in the oyster hack - and the garlic has sulfur to make glutathione - your body's master antioxidant -

I wouldn't decrease my water intake unless I was no longer as thirsty - the more DDW your mitochondria can make, the less thirsty you will feel - but if you live in northern california in the sesspool of wifi, I don't see how that's possible -

The salt is critical - there's a Patreon blog on that - but when you take Lugol's, you will be dislodging lots of bromine/flouride/chlorine so the salt makes it so it doesn't get re absorbed - a charcoal/clay pill might not be a bad idea either - whenever you do any kind of detox -

2. Penny

Penny New Member

I started using 5% Lugol's for a UTI - before that I was using 2% on my wrists or drinking it and on my thyroid and on my breasts - didn't feel much - but when I took some 5% SSKI Lugol's, my fever almost immediately went away - so, for an infection, I think it is unparalleled - I was doing brazil nuts, but was unsure how much or how little selenium was in them - so recently, in the last month, I went to selenium in a pill - but, most days, I forget to take pills because who wants to swallow a pill - for magnesium, I just rub epsom salts all over my body followed by baking soda - then I rinse it off after a few minutes - great for the skin and I figure the body will absorb only what it needs this way - I do remember one day coming home from the blood bank where my pulse and temp were really low and doing the whole iodine protocol and withing 5 minutes I had a pulse, wasn't freezing and had an increase in body temperature - naturally, I never did that again... :) I'm a terrible bio hacker because I never do the same thing twice it seems:)

Alex97232 and Phosphene like this.
  3. Penny

Penny New Member

I'm totally with Drezy on this one - no detox - just redox which will enable you to detox - that being said, if you're around a bunch of high frequency waves that annihilate B vitamins by dislodging vitamin A from melanopsin, that are cofactors to glutathione etc, detox is going to take a pounding - i.e. the only way to do it is to get out of the field... invest in a trailer or tent and go camping... what an effed up world this has become -

Alex97232, Phosphene and recoen like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Would you say the same if mother is over weighted,
    baby yanked out prematurely because of mothers high blood pressure
    had very low temperatures in neonatal unit
    now always cold to the touch, cold feet and hands
    fed exclusively with mother's milk
    doctor says all is ok.

///////////

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

How powdered turmeric is made?
    I am able to buy turmeric root.
    Would that be better or not?
    How much to use?

6. recoen

recoen Gold

@JanSz most babies/ moms in the nicu fit that description unfortunately :(. I am incredibly glad that I found doc before trying and we were able to clean up a lot. If not then I probably would have been one of them. I am sad that none of my docs seemed concerned about my bicornuate uterus. But I am so thankful for my little man and that’s a story for another day. The hard part is knowing that his first days of life were in the beyond bad nicu environment. I am trying to do as much possible now to make up for that.

@Penny I did not take the prenatals I was given when I saw the vitamin forms. I have tried to get what I need from food, good water, and lots of sun. The only thing I take now is “vitamin c” if I start to feel like I am coming down with symptoms of my body fighting something. Which means frequently because of interrupted sleep. I will have to give your hack a try. I started taking the methyl vitamins earlier this month because of what you said above (re the craapy environment). But I stopped taking them after our discussion. I will hold off on adding any I and Se in until after little man weans. And try to get more in the form of food.
    We are destroying our beautiful environment. And the sheep are happy about it :rolleyes:. I know the answer is to move. Though it seems like everywhere is becoming problematic especially because waves like air travel and waves are infinite. Yes r^-2 is important but it’s becoming less of a hack with 5G and the increasing prevalence of technology in “third world countries” and worst of all beaming at us from space. And I know it’s a cop out to say we can’t move but we can’t for 6y because of my husband’s job. So until then I am trying to get as much right as possible. I know I can do better and have yet to reach my full potential. The next grand solar minimum should start around 2030 so I am in a rush to by then. I am hoping people start to wakeup especially with the increased fire and earthquake activity in Ca. But yes we glossed over jump conduction in my physics PhD courses so I doubt it.
    Thank you for the oyster and bone broth recipe recommendations! And for all of your thoughts!

Phosphene likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So you are of opinion that this (fat and cold and sickly white) mom should not use supplemental selenium and Lugols
    feeding this (cold) neonatal baby?

/////////

8. recoen

recoen Gold

@JanSz I have not done enough research to say either way. I do believe we should get what we need from food and the sun. However in certain circumstances I do believe supplementation is important.
    Thankfully I am not in that situation. The nurses and neonatologist always commented on how tan I am and how I have such a love for life. And that is attributed to my spending copious amounts of time in the morning and solar noon sun. I also immediately produced a ton of breastmilk >180ml the first day and within a week ~1800+ml per day and I attribute that to the sun, grounding, ct, fish, and good water that I was taking in. My diet could have been better but I had just started playing around with carb amounts with respect to the suns latitude and definitely did not always eat the best things.

JanSz likes this.
  9. recoen

recoen Gold

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Phosphene likes this.
  10. recoen

recoen Gold

@Penny thanks for the canned oyster recipe! I tried it today and it was pretty good :). Fresh oysters are obviously infinitely more enjoyable but I don’t have the time to shuck them with my little one. I have been having one serving of shrimp (or fish) and one serving of sardines a day so we will see how adding these in daily makes me feel. I can tell the shrimp and sardines have increased my cold tolerance especially when doing CT. I am hoping to see deeper sleep and feeling more rested while little man develops to sleep longer and longer. And better cognitive ability.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol. I like the term "little man".

I was never able to go full babyish with my son like some people do. No baby talk or much silliness. I'm a huggy dude, carried my little guy a bunch, and played a ton so it wasn't any kind of cold relationship. I saw him as a little man.

When he cried in the AM I didn't hear crying. I heard "Hey what the f*ck! It's been forever since reassuring boob time!"

I often thought "You and me both dude!"

Phosphene and countingstarsx like this.
  12. recoen

recoen Gold

@drezy I called him little man in utero before knowing his sex (we kept it a surprise). Call it mother’s intuition? But yes I try to interact with him more as a little man. I think some issues with our society have to do with the fact that we infantilize children for so long (into their 20s even 30s now). So while I definitely do not expect him to function on his own yet (of course :rolleyes:), I try to talk to him, do math with him, read to him what I read, etc :). And yes lots of hugs and I pretty much exclusively hold him. I cannot stand the new thing of keeping them in their car seats. And hey it’s making me stronger too! We also go outside in limited clothing. People always give me a judging glare like he should be covered more and I have had some people say something. But I know he’s ok with his BAT and it’s not like I keep him out for hours. Also it’s Ca people. And he has a great tan developing even in the winter and I am trying to take full advantage of the last days of uvb this year! Anyways end rant lol

I also do not hear crying, only him communicating in the way he can right now. Really babies are so easy. They are either hungry, tired, need a diaper change, love and attention, or reassurance so they can fight all of the new dragons that they encounter. I try to exclusively engage with him and teach him things when he is awake.

Haha yes I understand that sentiment!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Phosphene, caroline and drezy like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

14. recoen

recoen Gold

Happy Thanksgiving!

Little man is teething! Since day one he has been in a hurry to accomplish everything :thumbsup:. The increased seafood and sun also seems to be helping with his cognitive development. Everyone comments on how alert he is, how well he tracks, and he is baby talking. He definitely acts more like a 4+mo than an adjusted age of 2mo (thanks @Jack Kruse !)

I have been drinking Icelandic water with sodium ascorbate, sea salt, baking soda, and no salt added in and I take an Epsom salt bath every ~3d. I have been doing that for a week and am noticing a decrease in thirst and a little higher fasting blood glucose (which means cognitively I feel better too). I am also used the CFB and CAB together for 45m/day now and am noticing my feet and hands do not get as cold and my morning temperature rising. Also CT always has the benefit of elevating my mood. We are trying to get some good time in the sun before uvb leaves us for the year. Even with the rain. I will be breaking my ~30g of carbs and seasonality today. I know that doing so is not optimal but I figure twice during the late fall and winter (thanksgiving and Christmas) is made up for by the love, laughter, and gratefulness of family, friends, and life.

I have been going back through all of the webinars and Q&As. I figure once I am done with them I will go back through all of the articles. Pretty amazing how doc has really been talking a lot about everything since 2011. You can tell that he was a little more into labs, supplements, and diet starting out but I imagine that more had to do with meeting people where they were and developing a base. Because he definitely throws in the light and magnetism in spurts.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    JanSz, caroline and drezy like this.
  15. recoen

recoen Gold

I have been reading through all of docs articles and this one seems to capture some of my problems (re hypoglycemia, low blood pressure especially when standing up from sitting on my knees/ lower legs, salt cravings, a weird ear fullness feeling sometimes I would also relate it to pressure kind of like patulous Eustachian tube- started really during pregnancy, etc.) (I did have a lot of stress from the navy, a major injury, I was definitely overweight, bad environment, and a relationship around the time I got sick 4.5y ago with the diagnosis of “reactivated virus becoming guillian barre syndrome”):
    https://jackkruse.com/what-might-casey-anthony-and-oj-have-in-common/

What finally sent me to the emergency room 4.5y ago was I passed out three times (twice while boarding an airplane... that was fun). Kind of more a blood pressure thing (maybe?) because right when I hit the ground I came back to. Before passing out I would get really hot/ clammy, tunnel vision, feeling like I might lose my bowels, then boom. Ever since then I am highly reactive to stress- I will shake and have a major epinephrine/norepinephrine release. I have not passed out since though.

I have been feeling better and seem to only experience most of these things around my tom. I realize my recent pregnancy may be a confounding variable as well. I wonder if the endocrinologist I am working with knows about/ believes in adrenal fatigued... from what I have read many conventional docs do not. I also had heavy periods with crazy back menstruel cramps. Thankfully they seem to be way more moderate now... we will see if it stays that way or if I am still benefiting from potentially higher pg from pregnancy.

If you could have any testing done concerning the above (adrenal fatigue) what would it be? I know rev T3, free T3, free T4, Tsh, pg:e2, saliva cortisol, vitamin D, DHEA, any others? Not saying my doc will order all of them but I can ask.

Also would @Jack Kruse still recommend the adaptogens and supplements? From my view it seems like he’s against them now (re his posts about asprey taking so many pills).
    @JanSz @drezy @caroline @Inger @Penny
    (I know calling the heavy armour in ;))

When I had my blood cortisol drawn around 8am about 1.5mo ago it was 16.27mcg/dL. I am still waiting on the draw from 2wks ago.

Some good news is my libido is returning (always been high minus towards the end of my pregnancy until now). I wonder if it’s the increased CT, extra serving of seafood, and salted Icelandic water... because everything else is the same. Or could be my hormones self-regulating post pregnancy.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm ultra-light recon at best.

You might be surprised about what Doc would recommend if you spoke with him. The amount of personal context he takes ito consideration is extremely large.

I think that is a big deal. I think @caroline will attest to that development herself.

recoen and caroline like this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

did someone say oxy?????????

drezy and recoen like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you thought of having a consult with Dr. K.?

drezy likes this.
  19. recoen

recoen Gold

@caroline that would be great! I am a platinum member. Should I email support? Before then I am trying to figure out all of the labs I need (the next step will be how I convince my doctor but I am hopeful).

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So you, non-diabetic, not using insulin user, have low blood sugar, hypoglycemia.
    Why blood sugar is low
    one reason your pancreas may produce to much insulin
    ============================================================

Get 75gram sugar glucose/insulin challenge test.
    draw blood before taking glucose and then 30 min latter on.
    do that for 3 hours.

============================================================
    Hypoglycemia, unspecified

https://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/E00-E89/E15-E16/E16-/E16.2

upload_2018-11-24_9-15-11.png

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018