1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recoen

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by recoen, Nov 3, 2018.

1. recoen

recoen Gold

How much more blood?

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Your guess is as good as mine, but their price is same now as it was 5 years ago, so it is doubtful that they have made much profit.

3. Penny

Penny New Member

that's hilarious! One of my friends - an ultranerd - works at a power company and she has no idea what "jump conduct" means... don't hold your breath that they'll figure it out - plus CA has always had fires... not the immolated everything but the trees kind, but many fires - many are started by idiots for fun - then there was that one guy who was lost in the forest and decided to light up where he was so he could be found...

what I got from the ADH is flatlined thread is that we need to eat seafood to rebuild our nanotubes so the ADH can travel down throughout the body - I'm telling you that one crappy can of oysters will cure insomnia, neuropathy, constant excretion of urine... in fact, I put a tablespoon of garlic and siracha and salt and lemon juice on it and it isn't half bad... but I put garlic on everything now - it's great on scrambled eggs...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Cheryl. likes this.
  4. Penny

Penny New Member

I don't limit water - I have only noticed that I need less when I add in oysters and stay off this computer:) B vitamin flush is also known as a niacin flush - it means your redox is crap... - no one here told you to use B vitamins, only that B vitamins flouresce and that's how they work... I would get rid of Thorne support, go with massive amounts of seafood and sun and grounding and get out of the field as much as possible - just get a hormone panel to see what is low and then supplement from there... but you said you felt dizzy, so I think progesterone would help you - just see if aldesterone is low -

5. recoen

recoen Gold

@Penny the dizziness is related to the hypoglycemia which I do believe now is directly related to my cycle. Also possibly related- my son has had green poop (exclusively breastfed) during my tom which corresponds to the lows so I think that’s connected as well. This is the first month since delivering that my cycle has returned. I haven’t flushed since adopting docs protocols around last year so I’ll take that as a win! I’ll stop using the b vitamins @Jack Kruse discusses them a lot but I understand in the context of our bodies making them. I consume a lot of sea salt and do feel better the more i use. Currently the only baking soda I really get is with a daily shot of acv. I’ll work on getting more. My sodium level was in the normal range: Sodium 140mmol/L (133-145). I’ll ask for a hormone panel the next time I see the endocrinologist.

6. drezy

drezy Gold

First the good news is that you are likely not schizophrenic:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20305586

I always like a little good news.

I know the feeling. I used to dose specifically with niacin since I have MTHF "defects". I thought I had to. I also used that fancy 5-MTHF gel in the small bottle that gets rebranded but it's always the same thing because I thought I had to. My symptoms were resolved way more by barefooted sun exposure and CT in a clean environment.

I don't have a take on the ascorbic acid crave yet. That's interesting. You don't feel an infection coming on do you?

In general, the steps you are taking to increase your redox are wise and may help you resolve much of this.

Congrats on the baby!

7. Quantum1

Quantum1 New Member

read my latest post about this - the fires were started by the US Military.

8. recoen

recoen Gold

@drezy good call, I seem to be fighting an oncoming cold .
    Thanks for your thoughts on the b vitamins. After reading/ listening to @Jack Kruse I had dumped all formal supplements minus them and the vitamin c. I’ll stick to the ct and grounding (headed to the ocean as we speak for the rest of the week!)

9. drezy

drezy Gold

Ahhh it makes some sense now. In the past I've leaned in on C and zinc if I felt anything coming.

Keep in mind that if you've given birth recently then you've been through the wringer. This process takes a toll in the modern world, though I suspect it always did.

I have not followed your hypoglycemia issues too closely. Have they manifested moreso after the pregnancy/birth?

Enjoy your time at the ocean.

Please report back on the conditions if possible.

10. recoen

recoen Gold

@drezy the hypoglycemia showed up about 4.5y ago. I was admitted to the hospital and they really had no idea what was going on but my CK was rapidly climbing and I passed out a few times and had other weird symptoms. After about 5d they came back with reactivated EBV leading to GBS (had a spinal tap, brain mri, spine mri, echocardiogram,...). I basically lost the ability to walk and the best way I can explain it was my muscles felt like they were rapidly firing on and off but not maintaining their contract state. Pretty scary. I don’t think they really knew what was going on and when they saw elevated ebv Ab they went with that. Possibly related to being in the navy, HPV vaccine, flu vaccine,... yea). Left at day 10 with a frozen shoulder (had redislocated it a few months before- I’m hyperlaxative). Went to my parents in NorCal (this was in SoCal) for 30d. Slept for 18+h/d and drank a ton of smoothies (early summer and maybe water from the plants?). I slowly gained strength- the docs said I was lucky to have put on so much muscle beforehand because it saved my life. I don’t really have any lingering issues from it (well that I know of). Minus back issues from where they did the 45m spinal tap (teaching hospital... worse pain of my life even compared to delivering after 9d of labor). Anyways after that I would have hypoglycemia a few times a year and always if I tried fasting for ~36+h. I had one really bad one (32) ~10d before going into labor (4mos ago). The docs don’t think that’s why I delivered at (29w3d) though (bicornuate uterus). And after delivering I was having one almost everyday. This month I had a pseudo real cycle and the two hypo events seemed to correspond to the day before and day starting my tom.

Have you ever heard of Dr. Dan Pompa’s cytodetox and his prep, body, and brain phases? Obviously if we fix our redox we should be able to detox without supplements. But I’m concerned about things like aluminum nanoparticles from the vaccines I’ve received. As our bodies really haven’t ever needed to detox these manmade particles until recently. But I am interested in anyone’s thoughts about this before spending the money. Because I do believe we can upregulate our bodies to detox things that are relatively new in the grand scheme of things. But if I’m incorrect in that belief then I want to do what is needed to help my body out. More importantly with 5G I think having low amounts of metals in our bodies will be important. @Jack Kruse

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Yikes.

I have not heard of Pompa. Some here have mentioned him though. You can probably guess that I'm firmly in the 'let redox lead detox" camp. Detox alone does make me concerned about where the freed material goes next. I know people who are serial detoxers and I get the concept that there can be binding agents and chelators and all that. Still I only see upside with having redox at pedal to the metal.

Maybe I'm way off base here but why do those issues kind of remind me of Acute flaccid myelitis that everyone is scratching their heads over these days?

recoen likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

29 weeks is early. Other than green poo how is baby doing?

Get a good look at baby's foot and how much collagen we start out with. It's amazing how we start as little collagenous beings.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  13. recoen

recoen Gold

I didn’t think about the AFM. The only thing is it started in my hands and feet and worked in which is more consistent with GBS.

From the Mayo Clinic:
    Signs and symptoms of Guillain-Barre syndrome may include:

• Prickling, pins and needles sensations in your fingers, toes, ankles or wrists (this)
    • Weakness in your legs that spreads to your upper body (this)
    • Unsteady walking or inability to walk or climb stairs (this)
    • Difficulty with eye or facial movements, including speaking, chewing or swallowing
    • Severe pain that may feel achy or cramplike and may be worse at night (this)
    • Difficulty with bladder control or bowel function (this- always felt like I had to go)
    • Rapid heart rate
    • Low or high blood pressure(this- low)
    • Difficulty breathing
    People with Guillain-Barre syndrome usually experience their most significant weakness within two to four weeks after symptoms begin. (This)
    I also passed out a few times that’s when I decided to go to the emergency room. I came right to after hitting the floor though- weird.

My son is pretty amazing! He was able to breathe on his own at delivery and was only in the nicu to gain weight and learn how to eat. He acts more like a 4mo old (actual age) than his corrected 2mo old age. I definitely credit that to doc and the ct, fish, grounding, some better water, and sun we got pre, during, and now post pregnancy.

drezy likes this.
  14. recoen

recoen Gold

@Penny and @JanSz did you start dosing with higher levels of Se and I right out of the gate? If not then how did you decide on how much to start with? Dr. Bernstein’s protocol calls for vitamin C, magnesium, Celtic salt, and possibly B vitamins as well. Did/ do you follow this? Have you cycled on and off the I? Did you experience any detox issues (obviously we are all different but I’m interested in your experience). I have done a little research and don’t see any contraindications for breastfeeding. I was wondering if you know of any? It appears to be beneficial but I’m concerned about the possible increase of free Br and F.
    Knowing what to take and when is becoming a serious minefield... the CT, grounding, sun, water, and fish are easy.

15. Inger

Inger Silver

Recoen,
    I have been taking Iodine for almost 2 years now, and I did follow the protocol in the beginning. After a few months tho, I did drop the cofactors. I did not want to take so many supplements... and I did not seemed to need them anymore either.
    Now i take about 3 drops 5 % Lugols most days.. and in addition I put about 5-10 drops on my feet soles every night before bed. And a few times a week I also use iodine on my breasts and on my belly where the ovaries are.. just to make sure these organs, that need lots of Iodine, get enough too :)

It is not safe to do big amounts of Iodine when you breastfeed. At least that is what I have been reading on German Iodine groups hols by Iodine experts.
    It is because it might lead to heavy detox and the halides like bromide, fluoride, chlorine, heavy metals etc. will be released in the breastmilk too.

They do say that you can and should take iodine when breastfeeding, but just not large amounts. iirc it was about 1 mg who was safe. But you can research that to make sure.

It is very true that one has to be careful with the iodine protocol, it depends on so many things if it will hurt or heal you. If one person has low redox, it might just make you sicker, as your body cant deal with the detox and it just get stuck.

I would start very carefully, and you might start just painting one drop on your skin and see how you react. If it is fine, you can increase the painting. The skin will absorb about 10-20% I think.
    That is how I would start.
    And also the cofactors would be a great idea in the beginning. If you can tolerate them. Some people cant. The salt is pretty safe I guess, so at least that one you could do :) and should :)

You need vit D, and also enough Iron with Iodine, in addition to the other minerals mentioned here. So if you have low iron, and take lots of iodine, your iron might drop even more... I have read about people who got really tanked iron through the Iodine supplementing.

So a good diet with lots of iron, and lots of sunshine, might be a great idea! Also DHA is really important when doing the protocol... so adding lots of seafood is a must too.

Maybe you could paint your breasts with iodine! That way your baby might get part of it without too much detox :) Iodine is so important for the growing child and its brain too!

drezy likes this.
  16. Inger

Inger Silver

one more thought on the selenium.
    You need to be careful with that too.
    There have been persons who have done the protocol and ended up with way too much selenium. So you should probably monitor it with blood test if you can.
    I think I did got a little selenium poisoned at one point too. I eat lots of oysters, and they have high selenium content too, and then in addition (because the protocol said so) I also took 200 mikrogram of selenium.. and after a while my nails ,got so brittle! I researched it and read it is a sign of too much selenium.. I stopped the selenium and my nails got normal again. Did not have money to do the testing tho, but if you watch your body you might feel when you have too much. I counted the selenium content of my daily food and it was way higher that I even need, so it was stupid for me to take supplements regularly!
    Selenium is a poison for the body if there is too much.
    Now I eat some Brazil nuts here and there if I feel like it. I try to be intuitive with what I need, it is not always easy! But often less is more when it comes to supplements ;) :)
    It is always safer to try to get it all from food anyways. That said, I am very sure the iodine protocol can be of huge benefits for many :)

Just make sure you do your research, and that you are in tune with your body so you can feel how to proceed :)

KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  17. recoen

recoen Gold

@Inger thank you for your reply! I prefer getting the minerals, vitamins, etc I (and my son) need from food. This past year I have increased my fish content (~2servings/ d up from maybe ~2/w). I think I’ll start with throwing some oysters in (even if they’re canned) and I will try the skin painting next month after my increase in ct experiment. I am also concerned about the possible release of halides. I have never really been a huge supplement taker but I did fall into the trap of “oh I need this and that” after I began listening to some podcasts and reading more about health. Learning more about how the pathways depend on others led to even more. Then when I started learning from doc I dumped most. And intuitively I only want to supplement with more salt (now also baking soda) and vitamin C precursors when I am starting to feel sick. I realize we probably do not eat exactly the way we “should” and obviously our environments have drastically changed so sometimes supplementation is important. I also think that sunlight, grounding, ct, better water, good relationships, sleep (working on this!), seafood, and reducing nnemf/nnlight exposure are really the 20% of things we can do (because given the explosion in the health and longevity industry there are obviously a ton of things that will “fix you”) that lead to the 80% of optimal health. The hard part is figuring out the most important things that will close that 20%. But I also do not want my life to revolve around stressing about that. Especially because my son is way more exciting and important .

I am still not sold on decreasing my water intake. Intuitively I have never forced it and probably consume on average 2.5L/d. I prefer 24h dry fasts because it’s mentally easier and I don’t start to feel rundown with losing electrolytes too quickly. Also with breastfeeding... I feel pretty good with Icelandic (or voss) now that it’s getting colder in Ca. Obviously deuterium is a concern but for now I think checking it with ct is more in line with what I need.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Not much guessing on my part.
    I follow
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis.
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    It does
    FUNCTIONAL analysis of:

upload_2018-11-16_10-15-14.png

19. recoen

recoen Gold

Docs most recent podcast is another good one.

Since my undergrad physics major days I have been intrigued by the neutron story. I think there is more to it than just the protons and electrons.

Completely unrelated- I have been thinking about salt, ddw, iodine, selenium, and reducing my water consumption. And I wonder if we are meant to drink/ adsord ocean water. Especially if we spent a lot of time near it/ in it. And the sun allowed us to deplete D found in higher concentration around the equator. Which is why there would be less at latitudes away and CT in those areas made up the difference. I have tasted ocean water before though (by accident) and it wasn’t the best. But I think an experiment may be in store. If only I had access to a boat to get water away from the coast o_O.

20. Penny

Penny New Member

do NOT take iodine while breastfeeding or when you're when you're pregnant... in fact, don't take anything when you're breastfeeding or pregnant...

recoen likes this.