1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recoen

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by recoen, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

I have to tell you, I don't know much about hypoglycemia except if I overdo the sugar the day before I'm starving the next day - and that JK has said that some people on a ketogenic diet have gone into comas or something like what it seems like you're experiencing from lack of blood sugar or Warburg shift - so I would say by all means eat the carbs if you are crashing - but I guess at some point you either move or get your body in some kind of shape to handle carbs - I mean it is summer time - I'm eating apples off my tree and I have half a carrot with my breakfast - which is basically a bunch of greens with eggs over it and cheese and an avocado and garlic and cabbage - there's actually 11 grams of carbs in a can of oysters - which I hope you're eating for the zinc - which is used in the insulin molecule - you also might want to look into sources of resveratrol and anything that helps with blood sugar - I've been having great luck chewing on a few olive leaves from my tree and oregon grape root - my mother is doing the Ayuvedic thing which is biiter melon and gymnemna leaf - the sugar buster -I think if you deplete vitamin a, it will make you more prone to infections - but that's another amazing rabbit hole I have yet to delve into -I've increase exercise outdoors and that has helped sleep and blood sugar issues -I take an o'dark thirty walk before breakfast - giving ol' Ben Greenfield a try at the moment - it's something to do while watching the sun rise :)

Normal meters won't pick up 5G - the only way I can figure out to do is find someone with a 5G phone and see if they're picking up a signal -

You also might try glycine:
    https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/76/6/1302/4689577
    Background: The metabolic effects of dietary protein are complex. In persons with type 2 diabetes, protein ingestion results in little or no increase in plasma glucose concentrations but a stimulation of insulin and glucagon secretion. Furthermore, when protein is ingested with glucose, a synergistic effect on insulin secretion is observed. The most potent protein is gelatin, which consists of 30% glycine residues.

Objective: The objective of the present study was to determine whether glycine per se stimulates insulin secretion or reduces the glucose response when ingested with glucose.

Design: Nine healthy subjects were tested on 4 separate occasions. Plasma glucose, insulin, glucagon, and glycine concentrations were measured at various times during a 2-h period after the ingestion of 1 mmol glycine/kg lean body mass, 25 g glucose, 1 mmol glycine/kg lean body mass + 25 g glucose, or water only, given in random order.

Results: Plasma concentrations of glycine and glucagon were elevated after the ingestion of glycine, as expected. The serum insulin concentration also was slightly elevated after the ingestion of glycine alone. When glycine was ingested with glucose, the plasma glucose area response was attenuated by > 50% compared with the response after the ingestion of glucose alone. The dynamics of the insulin response after the ingestion of glycine plus glucose were modestly different from those after the ingestion of glucose alone, but the area response was not significantly different.

Conclusion: The data are compatible with the hypothesis that oral glycine stimulates the secretion of a gut hormone that potentiates the effect of insulin on glucose removal from the circulation.

2. Penny

Penny New Member

then here's the study about 2.4 ghz wifi and the benefits of olive leaf extract:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23994945
    Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013 Nov;36(3):826-34. doi: 10.1016/j.etap.2013.07.013. Epub 2013 Aug 3.
    Effects of olive leave extract on metabolic disorders and oxidative stress induced by 2.45 GHz WIFI signals.
    Salah MB1, Abdelmelek H, Abderraba M.
    Author information
    Abstract

We investigated the effect of olive leaves extract administration on glucose metabolism and oxidative response in liver and kidneys of rats exposed to radio frequency (RF). The exposure of rats to RF (2.45 GHz, 1h/day during 21 consecutive days) induced a diabetes-like status. Moreover, RF decreased the activities of glutathione peroxidase (GPx, -33.33% and -49.40%) catalase (CAT, -43.39% and -39.62%) and the superoxide dismutase (SOD, -59.29% and -68.53%) and groups thiol amount (-62.68% and -34.85%), respectively in liver and kidneys. Indeed, exposure to RF increased the malondialdehyde (MDA, 29.69% and 51.35%) concentration respectively in liver and kidneys. Olive leaves extract administration (100 mg/kg, ip) in RF-exposed rats prevented glucose metabolism disruption and restored the activities of GPx, CAT and SOD and thiol group amount in liver and kidneys. Moreover, olive leave extract administration was able to bring down the elevated levels of MDA in liver but not in kidneys. Our investigations suggested that RF exposure induced a diabetes-like status through alteration of oxidative response. Olive leaves extract was able to correct glucose metabolism disorder by minimizing oxidative stress induced by RF in rat tissues.

3. Penny

Penny New Member

then you can try l-serine - 3 grams at night - it deplets deuterium and that of course helps with glucose:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5854405/
    bstract
    Sphingolipids are a diverse group of lipids with important roles in beta-cell biology regulating insulin folding and controlling apoptosis. Sphingolipid biosynthesis begins with the condensation of L-serine and palmitoyl-CoA. Here we tested the effect of L-serine supplementation on autoimmune diabetes development and blood glucose homeostasis in female NOD mice. We found that continuous supplementation of L-serine reduces diabetes incidence and insulitis score. In addition, L-serine treated mice had an improved glucose tolerance test, reduced HOMA-IR, and reduced blood glucose levels. L-serine led to a small reduction in body weight accompanied by reduced food and water intake. L-serine had no effect on pancreatic sphingolipids as measured by mass spectrometry. The data thus suggests that L-serine could be used as a therapeutic supplement in the treatment of Type 1 Diabetes and to improve blood glucose homeostasis.

Not sure if the deuterim would then go into your kid via your breast milk is the only thing...

of course, bone broths have lots of glycine/proline/glutamine and might be something to consider eating before each meal -

4. recoen

recoen Gold

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The Pareto principle states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.

recoen likes this.