1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recoen

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by recoen, Nov 3, 2018.

1. recoen

recoen New Member

I have had periodic fasting and reactive hypoglycemia. I am unable to tie the events to my hormonal cycle, sleep, etc. I am 3.5mos post partum but had them during pregnancy and before. They started 4.5y ago after having a reactivated EBV that was turning into GBS (possibly HPV vaccine and time spent in the navy related). I did not end up getting GBS. When I check with a freestyle glucose monitor I’ll have sugars in the 30s (associated with brain fog, sweating, shaking, feeling like I need to eat, etc). I also wake up with ~14h fasting blood sugars ~60-70.
    I limit my nnemf (WiFi is off basically all day, circuit breakers to my room off at night, phone is on airplane mode basically all day, etc). I use blue blockers when working on the computer, on my phone, etc during the day and blue/ green blockers once the sun goes down. I also try to get outside and ground for the sunrise with my little one. This is sometimes difficult but we do get as much morning sun, solar noon, and evening sun as possible. And I leave the windows open as much of the day as possible when we are inside. I try to have at least one serving of fish per day. And I drink Evian or Icelandic water (I have been following my thirst more after the Dr. Boros interview). I also try to do 15m bath CT 3x/ week and some ice water face plunges each week.
    The endocrinologist I am seeing ordered the following labs. Any insight on their results or what I have described would be greatly appreciated and helpful! I am doing another test this coming Friday and we are hoping to capture a true low.
    Hemoglobin A1C 5.1 (4.8-5.6)
    Estimated average 99.7mg/dL
    Insulin Ab <5.0mcU/mL
    Proinsulin 2.0pmol/L (0.0-10.0)
    Beta-hydroxybutyrate 9.2mg/dL (H this one confuses me the most)
    Corticotropin 27.4pg/mL (7.2-63.3)
    Insulin 2.9mcIU/mL (2.6-24.9)
    Thyrotropin sensitive 1.110mcIU/mL (0.27-4.20)
    Sodium 140mmol/L (133-145)
    Potassium 5.1 mmol/L (3.5-5.1)
    Chloride 105mmol/L (98-107)
    Carbon dioxide 27mmol/L (22-29)
    Urea Nitrogen 12mg/dL (6-20)
    Creatinine 0.978mg/dL (H 0.5-0.9)
    Glucose 79mg/dL (74-106 not a true low and no symptoms)
    Calcium 9.3mg/dL (8.6-10.2)
    Magnesium 2.2mg/dL (1.7-2.55)
    Phosphate 2.9mg/dL (2.7-4.5)
    Albumin 4.2mg/dL (3.5-5.2)
    GFR non-black 80mL/min
    GFR black 92mL/min
    Cortisol 16.27mcg/dL
    Bilirubin 1.33mg/dL (H 0.1-1.2)
    Bilirubin direct 0.26mg/dL (0.0-0.3)
    Bilirubin indirect 1.07mg/dL (0.0-1.1)
    Protein 7.6g/dL (6.6-8.7)
    Alanine aminotransferase 17U/L (0-33)
    Aspartate aminotransferase 18U/L (0-32)
    Alkaline phosphatase 93 U/L (35-104)
    Lactate dehydrogenase 209 U/L (135-214)

Scott Hardin likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi and welcome. Please give Dr. K. your Mom's and Gran's health history.

Have you had a 23&me test done?

Where do you live?

3. recoen

recoen New Member

@caroline
    I have not had a 23&me test as I do not trust private (or public) companies with my genetic information.
    My mom is Norwegian and English. She had her gallbladder out shortly after my brother and I were born (twins). She had two rounds of ivf (married at 21 conceived at 34 mostly due to my dad). Other than that she’s a little overweight but incredibly healthy and looks young for 61y.
    My grandmother is English. She is also a little overweight and has hypertension but is still alive and strong at 85 (my great grandma lived to be 99).
    I grew up in the northeast bay of California; went to college in Maryland; was stationed in San Diego (where I became sick); and am back living in northern Ca (35mi from sac and feeling great minus the lows).
    My husband and I had been following Dr. Kruse’s protocols for about one year before trying and had no problems conceiving. I had a preterm birth (29w3d) due to a bicornuate uterus. Our son is beautiful and has no major health challenges from the early birth. I attribute this to doc, so thank you! I’m trying to show my thanks by being an example to others and sharing his work with them. I just can’t seem to shake these random lows (lower blood pressure seems to accompany/ be a few days before/after).

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you listening to the monthly webinars.

Jack was just talking about low blood pressure ....somewhere.......

5. recoen

recoen New Member

@JanSz I was wondering if you had any recommendations; especially any labs you think would be beneficial? I had another hypoglycemic incident on Thursday and am waiting for the labs listed above to come back from that. Thankfully my body did respond. I dropped to 55 went up to 84 and 3h later I was at 68 (when they drew the labs). I do think they are tied to hormone changes as my period just started today. My beta-hydroxybutyrate is high every time so I am wondering if my body does not properly use ketones.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Make sure that you have plenty selenium
    then
    drink lots of lugols.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Tests:
    https://dutchtest.com/shop/
    upload_2018-11-11_7-31-2.png

https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    Micronutrient Test (MNT)
    CardioMetabolic Risk

-------------------------
    Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive
    Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential
    FreeT3
    RT3
    Prolactin
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    Fasting insulin

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199717

7. recoen

recoen New Member

@JanSz what concentration and dosing do you recommend?
    https://www.lugol.com/collections/all
    And the dosing provided on the bottle using thorne’s selenium?
    https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/selenomethionine
    @Penny also recommended dhea and from the research I have done I think I will need to supplement with it for a while. I was hoping to not need to supplement. Penny, do you know of a good bioidentical progesterone cream? Or the dhea/ pregnenalone?

I am also noticing that I am feeling way more dehydrated and I do not feel refreshed from 7+h of sleep towards the period end of my cycle. I have been reading this thread for some insights which also leads me to believe I have some pg issues. I have increased my ct so we will see if that helps. And I am going back to reread the EM blogs.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/dehydration.6058/page-2

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you say I feel dehydrated
    I hear you saying I am thirsty
    -------------
    If you think that you have weight to loose, you may want to just wait 20-30 min
    the thirst may go away
    otherwise you may want to procrastinate drinking

If you do not have weight to loose, consider eating good fat

your mitochondria will use it to make (top quality) water out of that fat.
    (you have capacity to make 10 liters of water per hour, so do not worry of being short of water (as long as fat is available))
    Smaller mitochondria works better, you can shrink it by doing CT.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Cheryl. likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Consider not changing any of your routines of supplementation of
    vitamins
    minerals
    hormones
    etc

until you get results of
    DUTCH
    and Spectracell tests

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I like Thorne but selenium I am using from LEF.org
    The idea is that you should stick to one product and in time keep adjusting dose.
    Already there is so may variables, limiting them hopefully helps.

For very long time, years or decades I have been using one pill/day
    Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)
    but
    recently I had to add
    so now I am taking 2/day
    -----------
    Some (very few) report problems when taking Lugols.
    My best guess is that it happens when someone is low on selenium.
    -----------
    For decades I am using this Lugol.
    One full dropper/day
    it is 1cc/day

This is a best price, found by @drezy

https://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/2ozlugolssolution24packincludesshipping.aspx
    .CROW'S® Lugol's Solution of Iodine 2% Pro Pack-As low as $7.99 ea. bottle + Free US & Canada Shipping!
    Professional Packs: 24-2 oz.($8.49 ea.) $203.76 -----
    ordered 5/30/2018

11. recoen

recoen New Member

@JanSz Its more of a dry mouth, thirsty feeling. I am wondering if I need to up my fat even more as I have noticed my skin is also a little drier than usual. I do think this is tied to progesterone and my time of the month as these effects only seem to come about then. Currently I am working on limiting my carbs to 34g per day (the sun goes to 34deg here in NorCal). And I have some type of seafood at least once per day. I will have to see how shots of olive oil go down. Fasting causes hypoglycemic episodes (really my biggest mystery) so I definitely need to eat and I’m probably within my optimal body fat range (~22% BF) for longevity reasons (something doc has talked before- how low body fat really isn’t great for us).
    I wonder if the sun spots mixed with all of the ash from the fires are causing some changes as I seem to be picking up a lot more static electricity. This happened last year during the Santa Rosa fire as well.
    Before I order the tests do you know if they control for light? Or is there a better way? I track morning temps, etc. I know @Jack Kruse has discussed how most labs are a waste of money because of light interactions.
    So true about the many variables. I know I need to be patient and change one thing at a time but that is difficult knowing that 5G is basically here and trying to mitigate its effects (and other life stresses/ early life mistakes) as much as possible. Knowing what supplement to use (or not), lab test to get, etc can be overwhelming. That is why I have gravitated to Docs example of animals in the wild. Obviously we no longer eat, sleep, move like we used to and are definitely not in the wild anymore so some supplementation and “hacks” are important. I was hoping the grounding, sunrise, sun breaks, sunset, ct, reduced nnemf and nnlight, eating more seasonally, and increased fish intake was going to be more than adequate. Maybe it will be when I decrease my water consumption and increase my ct. I think I will start there for a month as well as continuing to drop my g of carbs with degree above the horizon of the sun and see how I fair with this next cycle.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

With your weight try to stay on green but to the left side of it.
    I am 5'8" and weight 145-150# so I am overweight.

I try my best to follow test results.
    DUTCH test does test cortisol and melatonin.
    That may be considered accounting for light.
    If that is not enough, I do not know of anything better.
    Let me know when you find it.

We eat combination of fat, proteins and carbs.
    Ideally we want to eat least deuterium possible.
    You, with hypolycemia may be interested in carbs and sugars.

(55:30) deuterium enriched food ---bad

(58:10) cacti (cactuses) are most deuterium depleted plants

(58:55) sugar made by aloe vera is low in deuterium

material produced in green plants is low deuterium

(58:57) beans are high in sugar (and heavily deuterium depleted)

All greens that are in plants are deuterium depleted. Even the sugar.

Hydrogen at third and fifth and sixth carbon positions is heavily deuterium depleted.

upload_2018-11-11_18-14-55.png

13. recoen

recoen New Member

Well something is going on... earthquakes adjacent to the fires. I wonder what the sun/ planets are doing. Every time we have a large fire there seems to be a lot of wind and static electricity. Always makes me wonder if the fires are caused by something else. Obviously we know electricity and magnetism are really at fault for earthquakes. And they’re saying it was caused by a power line... I wonder if we will see more earthquakes and fires as the sun continues towards its minimum. As well as more outbreaks of infectious diseases, etc. especially given the fact that our own magnetic field is weakening and we are entering a dead zone of the Milky Way.
    I felt the increased static and desire for water last year around mid September. I also seem to have pressure changes in my ears something like patulous Eustachian tube.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  14. recoen

recoen New Member

http://www.fsmitha.com/time/ce17-6.htm
    Disease, war, famine, and major weather/ nature events during the last grand solar minimum.
    We need to have as much of this figured out by the 2030s. Especially given our greatly increased use of the em spectrum compared to 1650s-1700s

drezy likes this.
  15. recoen

recoen New Member

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ben-greenfield-fitness/id283908977?mt=2&i=1000423454811 https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ben-greenfield-fitness/id283908977?mt=2&i=1000423454811

Great podcast so far. Some thoughts...
    The increased D in blood must be because the RBCs need to move. The neutron (more mass) must be what allows the RBCs to move without much input energy. Neutrons are essentially quark and electron fields (see this video that @JanSz posted ) that quantize together. Possibly why people’s cells and organs seem to fail first when they die but their blood is still moving. The cells dump their structured water as a last ditch effort to try to free more energy. the energy comes from the cells structured water becoming less structured (see thermal statistical mechanics). Less structure means more energy and heat (IR). Which is why so many look swollen/have edema right at death. Also goes into what doc talks about with people gaining fat mass, diabetes, leptin, etc. also why RBCs lifetimes are shorter because they’re more massive therefore their energy is used faster so time seems to run faster for them. Also they are moving (time dilation). Same concept for obese people.

We probably want less D and more H in cells because they don’t need to travel by themselves (they have the lymph and blood for that) so we want their water to be more gel like (hence the fourth phase). So the gel can create a larger space between the Na- and K+ for a larger battery and more energy=healthier cell that is able to do work, receive energy, etc.

Also the more negatively charged cells from the larger exclusion zone of the structured water help to repel (and attract? Because fundamentally 3 up and 3 down quarks also in D vs 2 up and 1 down in H but the same field...?) the RBCs to move them as well.

Interesting that somehow a 2 up 1 down proton with an electron gives rise to a 2 down 1 up neutron.

I imagine lymph has a higher D content as well.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Penny likes this.
  16. Penny

Penny New Member

CHRIST IT IS SO DRY! I'm right there with you - static electricity when I go on my trampoline - which I usually do and don't "spark"... and talk about carb cravings - you do not even want to know what I have been eating... but I feel so much better with carbs - I know, another bad sign for my redox... but it's hot and dry in southern california - my kid can't go to his university until after Thanksgiving now due to the latest batch of fires -

So, what I have found that helps is salt, baking soda, canned oysters with lots of salt - see the ADH is flatlined post on this forum - basically, I have a cobblestoned road instead of an autoban... honestly, my drinking of water has gone from a gallon a day to maybe a couple liters if that -

As far as DHEA, I use the Lifeflow vaginally with some coconut oil and lugol's in the morning and progesterone cream at night along with some lavender oil -
    https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Solution...1542213207&sr=8-7&keywords=progesterone+cream

https://www.amazon.com/Life-flo-Cre...13243&sr=8-7&keywords=dhea+cream+bioidentical

Jump into the ocean often... for me even that just makes me really hungry unless I have a high fat meal beforehand -

Oregon grape root helps me fast as do avocados - every time I eat, if I remember - ha ha - I pop one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-...=1542213457&sr=8-3&keywords=oregon+grape+root

And sometimes I'll toss a pregnenalone down the hatch:
    https://www.amazon.com/MRM-Pregneno...2213321&sr=8-3&keywords=mrm+pregnenolone+50mg

I mean, I read about pregnenalone steal and thought - that's probably me! :)

Earth like crazy - it *really* helps - and for me, going for a walk will give me energy - when I drink water, it has methylene blue in it and lemon juice and ice -

I also do selenium and Lugol's - I'm probably taking way too much Lugol's - one fine day when I got back from donating blood and I was cold and had no pulse - like they have to ok me every time to give blood - I put a pulse ometer on my finger, and had a thermometer - I did the whole stop the thyroid madness protocol - like selenium, lugol's etc etc - get this - I was even on armor thyroid and it didn't matter! I had a pulse, and my body temp went up - Our environment is so crappy now, you almost need to be in the sun all the time - which is what b vitamins basically act like - so I would try something, take a pulse and thermometer reading and see what your results look like - then you can know what works *for you* :)

Oh yeah, l-serine before bed is also a life saver - 3 grams is the dose:
    https://www.amazon.com/Powerfully-P...=UTF8&qid=1542214031&sr=8-3&keywords=l-serine

With that take some salt and baking soda - you need salt to sleep -

What I also do is on Saturday and Sunday, I do not log in... try it:)

KrusinWitchie, Dean6789 and Cheryl. like this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you @Penny

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ed-to-rehydrate-if-my-adh-is-flatlined.10951/

From that I am getting that bone broths from fish head/bones
    should help in raising ADH.

What else you read there?

18. recoen

recoen New Member

PG&E is being blamed for the new round of fires. I wonder what the tipping point will be for them concerning how much money they have to pay. Hopefully we are near them coming out and saying the electrical grid and nnemf along with the changes in the sun cycle are causing these issues. Then we can really start waking some people up. But until then they’ll keep pushing the debts onto the consumers and reaping their profits.

Quantum1 likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Can't beat them join them.
    Buy their stock.
    Buy when there is a blood on the street.

...... upload_2018-11-14_17-11-17.png

Dean6789, recoen and drezy like this.
  20. recoen

recoen New Member

@Penny thank you! Since you limit water how do you take in the baking soda and salt? How much a day would you say you use approximately? Does the Oregon grape root break your fast (or do you take it with your last meal)? So we want low pulse (or undetectable) and high temps?
    I feel you on the static and dryness. And the carbs... maintaining 34g/ day has been a challenge.
    I started using Thorne methyl support, increased my ct, and decreased my water consumption. I’m going to do that for a month and notice the changes. Then add the iodine and selenium the next 30d. Followed by the dhea and progesterone the next.
    If we flush using b vitamins what is that an indicator of? Also I have felt the need to take a ton of ascorbic acid (Thorne) anyone have insights about that? @JanSz @drezy