1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recent Collective Insights Podcast -- gut health, redox, quantum signaling

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by PokeYouInDaEye, Jan 8, 2018.

1. PokeYouInDaEye

PokeYouInDaEye New Member

Hey all,

Did anyone else listen to the recent Collective Insights podcast with Dr. Zach Bush, MD, who sells the Restore4Life "ancient soil" quantum-signalling product?

Link: http://neurohacker.com/gut-health-microbiome-dr-zach-bush-m-d/

He talked about some stuff that seems very on-point for the direction of the "mitochondriacs," but I'm wondering if you who are more acquainted with the ins-and-outs could weigh-in with your thoughts on what Dr. Bush was saying?

Thanks!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have hacked a lot of his stuff and I am not a fan. Will be interesting to see what others say.

PokeYouInDaEye likes this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I was at Micropia in Amsterdam over New Year, https://www.micropia.nl/en/discover/stories/microworld/ and was fascinated by the exhibits showing how we increase diversity of our bacteria by hugging, kissing, holding hands, breathing, food water etc .... and I was peering through microscopes at symbiotic relationships ....They didn't get as far as mentioning the mitochondria but the microbiome in terms of love was quite interesting ....all that microbiome diversity sharing ..... :) But at the talk it was mentioned that a particular species of octopus had a symbiotic relationship with bacteria using light. It allowed (or attracted?) the bacteria to its underside during daylight, and the bacteria emitted blue light, effectively obscuring any shadow. To a predator underneath looking for shadows above, the octopus merged with the water and daylight coming down through the water. At night the octopus released (or repelled?) the bacteria as the same trick would have been its downfall under dark skies. I was in awe as to whether the octopus controlled the bacteria via secreting substances that either attracted or repelled in a circadian rhythmic day/night cycle way, or whether it was the interaction of the microbiome and the mitochondria of the organism as a whole .... i.e. light (consciousness?) signalling to the tenants sitting on its underside to get lost or quiet down until daylight ...

Interesting from the transcript of the podcast about air fermentation and bacteria at different times of day:

"zach bush: [inaudible] Yeah, so I like wild fermentation a hundred percent and the problem with all the starters is they’re basically probiotics, right, so you got one species of acidophilus or a few strains of lactobacilli or the like, and so I’m a big fan of doing air fermentation. What that looks like is you make your salt water brine. Takes pennies. Then, you just chop up cabbage, or my favorite is chop up a bunch of turnips, throw those into your brine, and then put a towel over the crock and let that air ferment for two to three days where the bacteria from the air is populating that.
    One of my favorite things is just to move it out to different sides of your house. In the morning put it out on your eastern porch or out in the yard where it can get some of that, and then in the evenings put it at sunset. Move it around the yard a couple times just for an hour or so is enough and then bring it back inside, keep the towel over it the whole time. The bacteria will filter through the little cheese cloth or towel whatever you got over it, just so you’re not dropping leaves in your ferment.
    "

The bacteria filtering through the cheesecloth reminds me of the lungs .....

Rather than cabbage or turnips, I'm hoping that getting my whole microbiome out there at different times of day for a bit of air fermentation with some light water and magnetism, and a varied seasonal diet (the compost?) might increase my biodiversity and save me some $$$$ on a compost supplement ... :D

4. drezy

drezy Gold

I like the idea. Look around, just getting outside(others than in transit) several time a day makes you a way different human than most around you.

5. Inger

Inger Silver

fermented raw meat or heart is awesome for microbiome! And the most easiest thing to do :) Just need good quality grassfed meat or organs, and it cant be prefrozen. And you need some patient as the more weeks and months it ages the better it gets ;)
    I need to make a batch of high meat again now :)

Dean6789 likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

You CAN'T do that Inger you'll get sick! LOL.

I can't count how many times I've been told I'd get skin cancer, colds, die of food poisoning.

I keep thinking I should set up a specialized life insurance policy. For $1/day pick one thing I'll "die" from doing for $2/day I'll let you pick potential causes. I'll park the payout in a 3rd party account or just put it in my will contingent on that exact cause of death.

FWIW I'd give special rates to groups of 10 or higher too because an extra $300/month in my pocket sure wouldn't hurt.

That way people and their fear could pay me to do what I'm already doing. Based on what you're doing you'd make serious bank Inger.

Phosphene, WalterNL and Inger like this.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

ohhhh... Drezy!!! What a great idea to earn big money :D :rofl: :mmpft:
    I got serious parasite infection too probably, from my fish head smoothies. And raw fish eating habit. In fact I am very surprised that I am still alive :confused:
    My recent boyfriend/partner always feared I will kill myself. What to do :(
    he did forget about the critters in my body when being intimate tho...lol That always made me laugh a bit and I kidded about it with him..lol he did have to laugh about it then too :)

For me it works opposite, the more viruses and bacteria I get the better and more alive I feel. It is very weird!

Phosphene, Dean6789 and drezy like this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL. When you think about it us guys are technically critters that want to get into women's bodies, right? Maybe he likes you so much he just doesn't want competition even at the microbial level! I always strive to be the universal wingman so I'm advocating on behalf of the boyfriend here...

I'll offer up the insurance policy to the next person that tells me I'm going to die and let you know if I get any takers.

Phosphene likes this.
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

Let me know if someone takes your offer, because then I follow you...! :D

Well, the man I loved left me tho..a few months ago.. for another woman... what totally broke my heart but what to do. He could not cope with my different way of living. So I am coming out from the dark tunnel now, learning to accept he is not physically there anymore. We spent two years together and I am thankful for it all :love:
    Life is an interesting journey! Sometimes it hurt like hell, sometimes it is pure bliss...but what I learn is to take it all in, come what may.....;)

Phosphene, mmarston, drezy and 2 others like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

We've all been stung I think. I'll even relate a similar story I've never told here on the forums before, from the male perspective:

Out of college I brought a girl to a new city to start a life. We had nothing but had it all, or so I thought. Every morning I would make us both coffee with the best little coffee percolator in the world. That percolator bubbled and gurgled the beat as we both prepared for our days. Over time the gal starting setting eyes( and other body parts) on other guys so I asked her to leave and take whatever she wanted since I'm not very materialistic. Low and behold, as I returned to my apartment that night, along with taking my broken heart she took the percolator. She didn't even know how to operate it. I always made the coffee. My friends still remind me that as phased as I was by the cheating the missing percolator came up often in conversations.

Years passed and I met a way better woman that later became my wife and mother to my child. Oh and we eventually got an espresso machine on a crazy deep discount sale that makes an even better cup of coffee.

Moral of the story: Mother time will heal your heart, but she sure as hell won't return your awesome coffee percolator so don't even hold out hopes for that happening.

Phosphene and Inger like this.
  11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Phosphene and Inger like this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

Thanks Drezy for sharing :love:

Yes, I realize the hurt is just emotions, and they will pass like clouds in the sky. like I am the sky and there will be all sort of clouds (emotions, feelings) passing by, but the sky remains - connected to everything :) :) I just need to learn not to let anything stick, but fully feel it, go through it..immerce myself in it..be 100% present.. and then it will eventually pass :) Through it all we can learn a ton! That is life :) :)

Phosphene and Dean6789 like this.
  13. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Wonderful attitude Inger. I think that will make you incredibly resilient.

I love this life style. It feels ultra natural... and alive... and real.
    The trick is to find others who are on board with it. Then it's even more fun!
    (they're around somewhere; they'll just show up sometime - and it'll be a delightful surprise when it happens)

"I just need to learn not to let anything stick" -- That's the key, isn't it? When we do that, we're free.

Phosphene likes this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

Here's to freedom (minus one really really good coffee percolator).

15. Joyfun

Joyfun Intuitively curious

@Sue-UK
    Interesting from the transcript of the podcast about air fermentation and bacteria at different times of day:

"zach bush: [inaudible] Yeah, so I like wild fermentation a hundred percent and the problem with all the starters is they’re basically probiotics, right, so you got one species of acidophilus or a few strains of lactobacilli or the like, and so I’m a big fan of doing air fermentation. What that looks like is you make your salt water brine. Takes pennies. Then, you just chop up cabbage, or my favorite is chop up a bunch of turnips, throw those into your brine, and then put a towel over the crock and let that air ferment for two to three days where the bacteria from the air is populating that.
    One of my favorite things is just to move it out to different sides of your house. In the morning put it out on your eastern porch or out in the yard where it can get some of that, and then in the evenings put it at sunset. Move it around the yard a couple times just for an hour or so is enough and then bring it back inside, keep the towel over it the whole time. The bacteria will filter through the little cheese cloth or towel whatever you got over it, just so you’re not dropping leaves in your ferment.
    "

The bacteria filtering through the cheesecloth reminds me of the lungs .....

Rather than cabbage or turnips, I'm hoping that getting my whole microbiome out there at different times of day for a bit of air fermentation with some light water and magnetism, and a varied seasonal diet (the compost?) might increase my biodiversity and save me some $$$$ on a compost supplement ... :D[/QUOTE]
    Hi Sue-UK,
    I was just reading some new posts of Dr. Kruse and he said probiotics are not the answer. For about 4 months I have been fermenting seasonal cabbage, radishes, and cauliflower in 2 cups water, 1 Tbsp sea salt, and wakame. My best batches were the ones not with a lid. I will use the towel as a lid. Is this a waste of time? Am I doing better for myself because I am outside grounded at 7:30 am, 9am breakfast, noon, and 2pm lunch. They do taste great, a vehicle for getting sea salt and wakame for iodine. :):):)

Dean6789 likes this.
  16. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Hi Sue-UK,
    I was just reading some new posts of Dr. Kruse and he said probiotics are not the answer. For about 4 months I have been fermenting seasonal cabbage, radishes, and cauliflower in 2 cups water, 1 Tbsp sea salt, and wakame. My best batches were the ones not with a lid. I will use the towel as a lid. Is this a waste of time? Am I doing better for myself because I am outside grounded at 7:30 am, 9am breakfast, noon, and 2pm lunch. They do taste great, a vehicle for getting sea salt and wakame for iodine. :):):)
    [/QUOTE]
    Hi @Joyfun,
    Personally, I don't think that you are wasting your time with fermenting your veggies. I also enjoy making my own, and even more so eating them. :) I don't know if Dr. Kruse had them in mind when he talked about the probiotics. Until he clarifies that, I am inclined to think that the actual probiotic supplements are at issue here. There are times when they can be helpful, especially they are trully needed. Unfortunately, it has become a case of too much of a good thing.

Joyfun and Dean6789 like this.
  17. Joyfun

Joyfun Intuitively curious

@Tanya
    Hi @Joyfun,
    Personally, I don't think that you are wasting your time with fermenting your veggies. I also enjoy making my own, and even more so eating them. :) I don't know if Dr. Kruse had them in mind when he talked about the probiotics. Until he clarifies that, I am inclined to think that the actual probiotic supplements are at issue here. There are times when they can be helpful, especially they are trully needed. Unfortunately, it has become a case of too much of a good thing.[/QUOTE]
    Hi Tanya,
    I was thinking over what I said and was thinking about editing that post to indicate that perhaps Dr. Kruse was talking about supplements and probiotics in supplement form. I am glad that you felt the topic of probiotics needs more clarification. I am loving my fermented veggies. Now that it is summer, I am also fermenting watermelon rinds with garlic and dill like my grandmother did. What a wonderful memory of the 1940's and 1950's. They have the crispness and flavor of a kosher dill pickle, and it's free!:):rolleyes::)

Dean6789 and Tanya like this.
  18. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Hi Tanya,
    I was thinking over what I said and was thinking about editing that post to indicate that perhaps Dr. Kruse was talking about supplements and probiotics in supplement form. I am glad that you felt the topic of probiotics needs more clarification. I am loving my fermented veggies. Now that it is summer, I am also fermenting watermelon rinds with garlic and dill like my grandmother did. What a wonderful memory of the 1940's and 1950's. They have the crispness and flavor of a kosher dill pickle, and it's free!:):rolleyes::)[/QUOTE]
    Hi Joyfun,
    That watermelon rinds/garlic and dill combination sounds very good to me - thank you for sharing the recipe. I will give it a try.:)

Joyfun likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Another study shows why docs like Zach Bush have zero understanding of how sunlight sculpts the microbiome. If he did he would never try to sell any human restore.......he's sell them on vacations to the sun. This is how Vitamin D is created in the body by UVB LIGHT exposure on the skin and NOT by oral supplementation. This ultimately leads to big improvements in gut bacteria populations. Looks like another win for Kruse Longevity Center in stomping out marketers for the public.
    Skin Exposure to Narrow Band Ultraviolet (UVB) Light Modulates the Human Intestinal Microbiome
    Microbiol., 24 October 2019
    Participants who took vitaminD supplements and use the narrowband had no improvement in microbiome diversity.
    Participants who used narrowband uvb light only had significant improvements.
    Bacteria from several families were enriched in the group that did not take prior vitamin D supplements.
    This is the first study to show changes in intestinal microbiome in response to Narrowband-UVB skin exposure.
    This evidence suggests the existence of a novel skin-gut axis that could be used to promote intestinal homeostasis and health.
    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmicb.2019.02410/full

Saichi likes this.
  20. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I have dabbled a bit with Restore but not too seriously. No remarkable effects from it, but that is just limited N=1 anecdotal jive.

More interestingly, humic and fulvic acids (also found in Restore) are said to help detox heavy metals like aluminum in body-- now that is a lead worth following up on.