1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recent Bloodwork - what to make of it?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Gina R, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Buena suerte! Tengo miedo tambien, pero estoy muy emocionado a empezar una vida nueva con el sol.

I know the uncertainty can be unnerving, but how fucking exciting is it to shake your etch-a-sketch like a crying baby and be able to start fresh?
    Attachment to useless parts of old life can only burden me in creating my new
    Masterpiece.

Anne V, Gina R, shah78 and 2 others like this.
  2. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Gina R, you helped me realize something.
    I have been asking for labs since last August. It was easy to talk my doctor into the generic labs he orders for everybody and I was frustrated with not being able to get all the labs I wanted. It took a lot of patience and I finally got help from my chiropractor. He ordered the "fancy labs" I couldn't get from my primary doctor. It's something my primary doctor and I joke about now but I took it very seriously and was frustrated by my inability to convince him or the other doctors I saw to order labs for me. But now I have the results for the labs that seemed almost impossible to talk any doctor into ordering.
    My results are disappointing, not what I expected. It doesn't surprise me though. My environment sucks. I am too close to a cell tower and this old house I'm renting in New Orleans has really shitty wiring.
    What's disappointing is my DHA is low and omega-6 levels are high. Why is it disappointing? I thought I was eating enough seafood to have high DHA. I only eat pasture-raised beef, bacon and eggs so I expectrd my omega 6 to be lower. I mostly buy food from farmers markets to avoid grocery store garbage but my labs look like I eat nothing but grocery store garbage. So now I know what I already knew. My environment sucks; and I'm doing all I can do but my labs still look like crap. Now I'm glad I didn't blow a bunch of money to run out and get every lab I wanted.
    I'm glad I spent the money I had on hacking my environment instead. It's what led me to understand how bad my environment really is.
    I think you are doing all the right things but it takes some people years to reach "optimal" health and it sounds like you are determined enough to get there.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    caroline, Gina R and Lahelada like this.
  3. shah78

shah78 Gold

when were you here?? when are you coming back.?

4. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Hi Shah
    I'm still in New Orleans until the end of the month and I will be flying into Cancun on the 30th. I booked Airbnb rooms around Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morales and Isla Mujeres for next month

Gina R and shah78 like this.
  5. shah78

shah78 Gold

pm me. i can't pm you!????

Gina R likes this.
  6. Gina R

Gina R Gold

It is stressful, I'll admit. From time to time, I have some company but most times not quantum/like-minded so it's challenging to have a common understanding of things. Also I have been to Isla Mujeres already, I went there the first part of my time here in Mexico, I was there in early December. I met Lloyd, super nice guy, Isla just isn't the place for me for now.

7. Gina R

Gina R Gold

Keep on it @Dave Key Although I don't have all the answers/solutions, this journey has been life-changing in a positive way. When are you planning on being down here?

8. Gina R

Gina R Gold

@Dave Key, I'm glad all this has helped you in some fashion! Determined, yes. Obviously some days are easier, but I won't say "easy" haha! Easy is not a word to describe, in any way, all this time in Mexico!

shah78 likes this.
  9. Gina R

Gina R Gold

I can't PM you either. You may have a setting set to that, maybe you did that strategically hehe!

10. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I don't know what's going on with the private message thing but I admit I have never used it before so that may be the problem... I'm trying to message Shah and he said the same thing.
    Having brain fog is part of it too lol.
    I messaged Tech Support to help me with this issue... I will figure it out soon

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Gina R likes this.
  11. DLO

DLO StarFish

Gina R likes this.
  12. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

Thank you for saying what I am thinking Lahelada. I appreciate that we are all entitled to our opinion, but opining that someone working diligently to heal themselves is in fact "going nowhere... possibly even backward" feels counterproductive in the extreme JanSz. I have spoken at length with this brave young woman, and I can tell you that she has laid it all on the line in search the "light, water & magnetism" holy grail. She deserves our admiration and needs our encouragement.

Gina R, JanSz, Dave Key and 1 other person like this.

13. They would sure make great neighbors! A person could learn an awful lot about tech free living.

Gina R likes this.
  14. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I'm flying to Cancun on the 30th.

Gina R likes this.
  15. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I was just re-reading the Epi-paleo Rx. The title of Chapter 5 is
    "What are the Epi-paleo Rx lab panel techniques to bio hack one’s self".
    That's where I would go for an explanation of which labs to order and how to interpret those labs.

Gina R likes this.
  16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Except that a lot has changed since that book was published.

One example is that fish oil is no longer recommended as a supplement -- just eat seafood.

Gina R, Lahelada and Dave Key like this.
  17. Gina R

Gina R Gold

@Dave Key when you have it figured out, feel free to PM me. We can maybe connect in person when you get here...although I'm not sure how much into May I'll be staying in Mexico yet.

18. Gina R

Gina R Gold

Thanks @Dave Key , but I know that...That's where I went to decide which ones to do...I seek out interpretation support from qualified people, as my scenario is beyond my scope so to speak...hence reaching out as a member to JK.

Dave Key likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You have a lots of (VERY) low hanging fruit (very cheap in implementing).
    What is stopping you from picking it up?

Why nobody else but me, is telling you about it, that is even more puzzling to me.

Gina R and caroline like this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

I thought about this on and off since 12 days ago.

I'll always be the first one to point and laugh at Jansz's over-reliance on numbers and tests (present or prior).

I also have batted Jansz down when he made comments on my health and my subjective experience was clearly opposite. @Gina R has spent time doing what she understands as the right thing. I didn't see every second, but it's clear that she went the extra mile beyond what she experienced.

I'm not sure @JanSz was 100% wrong.

From the depths of my heart, and as far down as I can reach
    • I hope GinaR has experienced gains
    • GinaR is about to be 45 minutes away from me when she moves back and should feel free to drop me a line
    • Your story @Annie Dru about your son crushed my heart to tiny pieces. I'd be a complete and utter fucking wreck if I were in your place.
    • If you @Annie Dru happen to pass through central Texas, let me know.