1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Recent Bloodwork - what to make of it?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Gina R, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Gina R

Gina R Gold

After being in Mexico for 6+ weeks, I got some basic labwork done on 1/16/2019.
    Here are the results and I don't know what to make them and what to do from them...

My issues that have not improved in the least bit...are 24/7 brain haze/spaciness and gut issues.

The lab reference ranges are listed first and then I listed the JK range are from the optimal lab document I found here at one point.

BUN --- 15 mg/dL
    Creatinine --- .6 mg/DL
    BUN Creatinine ratio --- 25

Glucose --- 80 mg/dL 60 - 110 JK 88 or below

Leukocyte --- 4.46 x 10^3/uL 4.50 - 10.3
    Basophils --- 0.1 0.2 - 2.0
    BAS (don't know what this stands for as my results are in spanish!
    --- 0.00 x10^3/ul 0.01 - 0.13

Vit D --- 64.4 ng/mL 30 - 100 JK 70 - 120
    TSH --- 1.11 uUI/ml .4 - 4.0 JK .5 - 1.0
    T4 Libre --- .928 ng/dL .8 - 1.7 JK 1.5+
    T3 Libre --- 1.59 pg/ml 1.5 - 4.2 JK 3.0+
    Reverse T3 --- 18.40 ng/dL
    Rt3 ratio --- 8.6 per Stop the Thyroid Madness, should be 20 or higher
    Antibodies TPO, TG
    0.2 Ul/ml :love:5
    0.8 Ul/ml <40

UltraSensitive CRP --- .3 mg/L 0 - 3 JK <.5

DHEA-S --- 86.3 ug/dL 80 - 560 JK top 25% to 10% over reference range

Cholesterol
    Total --- 316
    Triglycerides --- 39
    HDL --- 109
    LDL --- 200

Lahelada likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I guess what Jack says about labs just continues to go in one ear and out the other.....................

3. Gina R

Gina R Gold

Well, with my issues with 24/7 brain haze, information not sticking is part of things. Can you please clarify? Are you saying these aren't relevant in any way?

Lahelada likes this.
  4. Jack has this free bio hacking 101 E course listed on the website, it states we will be taught:

• A list of optimizing labs you need to run to get a clearer picture of your own n=1 and to see where you stand on the optimal spectrum
    • How to get your insurance to pay for labs
    • How to order those labs yourself if you experience resistance from your doctor
    • An Optimal Lab Values worksheet to help you begin to make sense of your lab values
    • Some biohacking ninja secrets for analyzing your labs,
    • A framework for analyzing how your internal and external environment are affecting your health,
    • The sequence in which you target healing so that you course correct PERMANENTLY, increasing the odds of achieving optimal (remember those protocols you’ve tried with less-than-optimal results?)
    • Tips on how to find a doctor who will order labs for you and support you on your journey to optimal
    … and many other gems that will help you better-understand your own n=1 and advocate for your health!

I just filled out the course registration myself, hopefully the worksheet on lab values will be of great use to you. I struggle to figure all this stuff out and also struggle to navigate in the site, this is my first experience on a social media group site...the lay of the land and how it all works can be perplexing to me, I feel your pain in trying to figure all this out.

Here is a description of the E course, I just typed optimal lab values in the search bar of this website and this course came up:

Neurosurgeon Dr. Jack Kruse, MD, discusses how running labs to learn where your body is on the disease spectrum, or biohacking, can help you uncover problematic health patterns like hormonal imbalances, leaky gut, leptin resistance and thyroid disorders. Dr. Kruse also reveals how biohacking can identify areas of focus to help you can reach optimal health.

See below and sign up for our free Biohacking 101 eCourse to learn which labs to run, how to begin making sense of the results and some bonus strategies to get health insurance to pay for labs. Your labs provide the “proof” you need to successfully advocate for better care and treatment and provide context so you can do your due diligence to become your own best doctor on the path to optimal.

[​IMG]

• How many times have you tried something that someone represented as the holy grail to wellness, only to discover it didn’t really work for you?
    • Have you changed your diet to the right foods, only to feel frustrated because you’re not losing the weight you wanted to?
    • Have you “tried everything” to help you have more energy, only to feel more exhausted after the effort?
    Maybe you’ve tried magnesium or iodine loading or special fasts to detoxify. You sometimes feel a little better, but you’re not really getting the results you’re going for: the total alleviation of your symptoms, ENERGY, no disease and optimal health.

Figuring out your own n=1 is challenging. While great content and lessons on biology can be helpful to better understanding your own biology, what we all need is the YOU ARE HERE arrow on the map to help us navigate intelligently.

If you walked into a mall you had never been in before, chances are the first thing you’d look for is the mall’s directory to help you orient yourself to what is available for shopping. But the list of stores and their layout can only take you so far. What you really need is the “YOU ARE HERE” arrow to help you understand where you’re at in relation to all the shopping goodness.

Without that arrow, it’s hard to figure out how to get to specific stores, where you’re at in relation to the mall’s configuration, etc.

When it’s hard to get around, you’re FRUSTRATED.

You WASTE TIME.

You might end up wasting money, too. And when time is up, you may not get what you came to the mall for in the first place.

This is where labwork comes in. And not just any labwork; you need to run the right labs and understand how to use the data they share with you.

Smart biohacking will help you cut to the chase and save time, money, energy, frustration and EFFORT to help you create your breakthroughs faster and easier.

If you have been resisting getting your labs done (or biohacking, as it’s commonly called) because of fear, money or inconvenience, or if the process just seems intimidating, we want to help you get started! If you’ve started biohacking and aren’t quite getting the clarity that you need to tackle your n=1, we’ve got some great insight for you.

And if you’re an experienced biohacker, we’re gonna help you raise your game!

The Biohacking 101 e-course will teach you:

• A list of optimizing labs you need to run to get a clearer picture of your own n=1 and to see where you stand on the optimal spectrum
    • How to get your insurance to pay for labs
    • How to order those labs yourself if you experience resistance from your doctor
    • An Optimal Lab Values worksheet to help you begin to make sense of your lab values
    • Some biohacking ninja secrets for analyzing your labs,
    • A framework for analyzing how your internal and external environment are affecting your health,
    • The sequence in which you target healing so that you course correct PERMANENTLY, increasing the odds of achieving optimal (remember those protocols you’ve tried with less-than-optimal results?)
    • Tips on how to find a doctor who will order labs for you and support you on your journey to optimal
    … and many other gems that will help you better-understand your own n=1 and advocate for your health!

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This course won't help this particular question I am sorry to say.

6. Gina R

Gina R Gold

Hello.

So then, what will help my particular question?

I didn't bother with any labwork before being in a solid, better environment. I relocated to Mexico for now, I've been here for 11+ weeks. I understood that any prior labwork isn't very significant because it can change with a new environment. Here I am, in the new environment of Mexico, yucatan peninsula (which is the spot recommended for optimal healing) and haven't felt any improvement...Again, brain haze being one of the major issues...These labs are some of the basic labs usually recommended to assess redox, thyroid, etc.

I'm clearly committed and I'm in this for the right reasons. I'm nomad now, here in Mexico and did these labs to collect information AFTER being in this environment for some time.

I'm sure there is some pertinent info here. Are you saying that there's nothing to gather/deduce from these results? Thanks.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Stop doing labs then. It is like trying to make sense of your lipids when your losing weight........it is not wise.

8. Gina R

Gina R Gold

I thought running some baseline labs (which are suggested in Epi Paleo RX like thyroid, bun creatinine ratio, vit D, dhea-s) is a step to do, once in a stable good environment, in order to dail in and look further?

I understand not needing to make sense of your lipids if you are successfully loosing weight...no need, success is being acheived...But what if there ISN'T success happening?

9. shah78

shah78 Gold

how many hours have you been in the water during these 11 weeks? 77 days.. 77 hrs? or 300?

Gina R likes this.
  10. Gina R

Gina R Gold

It depends on the day and location. I was relocating often which did not lend well for routine:(

shah78 likes this.
  11. Gina R

Gina R Gold

@Jack Kruse Just circling back here since you still haven't actually concretely answered my question about my lab results. I've been living in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico for almost 4 months now. Prior to that, I got rid of all my stuff in the states, left where I had lived all my life and where my family is, and came here...turning my world upside down to conquer my health issues and recover....Clearly, I have "skin in the game", I'm not looking to waste time and I also just upgraded to Gold. As a paying member (which finances are a huge burden from my health issues and transition, so even membership payments are a struggle) and also I've paid for 2 consults with you in the past, I feel that an actual answer to my question is definitely warranted. I imagine you may remember my situation and issues from our 2 calls, perhaps not. So, I'm coming back to my question here again. I'd appreciate an answer to my question of "What can be derived from my lab results?"

I also want to say...I realize you're going through a lot recently as well, going through major changes with your family etc, as you've shared with us. I imagine (well, I KNOW) that you relate to my desire to not take TIME for granted. I am here in Mexico, yes, but I ran these labs to see what else I could be missing...to maximize my time spent here. What else are these labs pointing to, to help direct some other complimentary approaches? I'm looking to maximize my TIME, to get to a better & thriving health, a clearer self. I have my family to help, as well, but I need to be better first...

Thanks in advance and we are all in this together, through it all!

Warmly,

Gina

Phosphene, Tom Carrigan and Annie Dru like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

T3 Libre --- 1.59 pg/ml (1.5 - 4.2 ) JK 3.0+

T3 Libre-----FreeT3

If you are trying to loose weight
    If you are looking for more energy
    You must get your FreeT3 up to the top laboratory range value or even slightly above it.

Other then proper Circadian Rhythm maintenance
    you should at least
    observe and adjust
    vit D & A
    selenium
    Lugols

after above are tested and are in good range

if FreeT3 is still lacking
    use
    NTH---NaturalThyroidDormone from pigs

Body produces equivalent of 3 Grains NTH
    You may want to supplement with up to 3 grains first (chew tablets)
    sometimes up to 5 grains may be need.

You can do that in any place on the world.

Gina R likes this.
  13. Gina R

Gina R Gold

T3 Libre --- 1.59 pg/ml (1.5 - 4.2 ) JK 3.0+

T3 Libre-----FreeT3

If you are trying to loose weight
    If you are looking for more energy
    You must get your FreeT3 up to the top laboratory range value or even slightly above it.

Other then proper Circadian Rhythm maintenance
    you should at least
    observe and adjust
    vit D & A
    selenium
    Lugols

after above are tested and are in good range

if FreeT3 is still lacking
    use
    NTH---NaturalThyroidDormone from pigs

Body produces equivalent of 3 Grains NTH
    You may want to supplement with up to 3 grains first (chew tablets)
    sometimes up to 5 grains may be need.

You can do that in any place on the world.

[/QUOTE]

Hi @JanSz . THanks for your reply!

I'm on the Vit D with the sun here in Mexico:)
    I'm trying to source brazil nuts for food source selenium --- not easy here!
    Lugols -- Over the past 2 months, I've been working up to 8 drops in the morning first thing, but now I need to source more.
    NTH --- from others' searches, hadn't been able to find it here but still some searching to do!

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...t-on-next-step-antibiotics.21477/#post-243469

-----------------------------------------
    You can eat brazil nuts
    but who knows how much.
    Get Selenium pills from LEF.org eat 2/day (but buy them on amazon.com)
    Eat 1cc/day lugols 2%

Do not wait too long get 3grains/day NTH -- Natural Thyroid Hormone from pigs
    (retest 3 months latter, adjust (likely upward, do not go over 5 grains/day)

upload_2019-3-30_17-5-43.png
    Do not eat
    olive oil, seafood

eat meat, eggs, get AA pills eat 1/day

supplement with B2, B6, B3,
    B3 will give you flushes, instead use No-Flush niacin=inositol nicotinate
    Source Naturals No-Flush Niacin, 500mg, 60 Tablets (2/day)
    missing vit C, get (from amazon.com) Acerola Powder (microingredients), take rounded up teaspoon 2/day

upload_2019-3-30_17-4-1.png

Sheddie likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

missed menstrual cycles

===========================================
    get

DUTCHtest.com

Available around the world

Gina R likes this.
  16. DrStephane

DrStephane Platinum Member

Dear Gina,

Have you tested your environment with a meter?
    I am not sure which Haplotype you are and what Dr Kruse would said, however are you getting enough sun on your GUT, Thyroid, ... full body? and how long?
    Have you had your deuterium level measured?

Regarding dietary or supplemental recommendation, the information provided is not enough to gear you toward a complete picture.

Low CD57 could be link to a chronic physiological impairment - suggesting it will take time to result it.

Hope this help,
    Dr S

17. Gina R

Gina R Gold

Ironically, I had a Dutch test kit (full cycle mapping) to do before I left for Mexico, but the timing wouldn't allow me to do the 30 days needed and I was moving around so I knew I couldn't confidently keep the sticks drying out consistently. I had left it in Texas and ended up selling it because I needed the $.

18. Gina R

Gina R Gold

@DrStephane Thanks for your response.

I only have a enviro10 here and I test where I am, but to what is possible with relocating around Mexico and to where I can afford to stay. I have not been able to be in the same place for more than several weeks at a time...I have this sun time here several hours a day, tan thru bikini so yes on thyroid and gut.

My Haplotype is K2a.

I have not had my deuterium levels checked. Not sure that's possible in Mexico where I am...

19. Gina R

Gina R Gold

I can't view the images you attached but I guess they are from my results that I posted from GI Effects and NutrEval from April 2018, when the bulk of this started. However, now that data is almost a year old...

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Yes, it is from your NutrEval.
    Are you now feeling better or worst since that test?

Gina R likes this.