1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Really on the fence about trying hcg again

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by cantweight, Mar 20, 2013.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I have a few vials of hcg that I have been holding on to for over a year....they are calling my name louder and louder as summer creeps closer and I can't stand carrying this weight around. I have done multiple rounds of hcg no problem phase 1 or 2. Weight loss every time 35 lbs on a 40 day run. Phase 3 trips me up every time. I dont do steak days or weigh every day. I stick to the proper foods and within about 3 weeks gain back every lb and then some. This has happened all 3 times. And I behave like a beast when dosing. My family cringed when I said I wanted to try again. The only way they agreed to go along with it is if I sign a contract that states i will discontinue use immediately if my behavior is unbearable again.

Has anyone experienced similar failures with hcg but succeeded when incorporating CT and leptin rx or epi paleo phase 3?

Thanks so much for your time and input. Really struggling with this decision. Waiting on my email consult and 60 min w/ Dr. Kruse....will see what he thinks as well.

Christi

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Christi,

My first round I lost 15 lbs and the LIW became my new set point. That was two years ago. I flucutate 1-2 lbs up/down from it. I have eaten paleo/epi-paleo with lots of fat since then.

I did a 2nd round about six months after the first one and only dropped about 7 lbs (but a lot of inches). Over the next 16 months it slowly came back. I truly think my body wasn't ready for another new set point yet.

Like you, I also had boxes of HCG left. Decided to do a round and am 12 days into it. My own little N=1. Drinking lots of spring water and grounding daily. So far, so good. I feel like my body is ready to accept a new set point now.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Thats kind of what I was thinking....if i am hydrated, CTing, making good (seafood) protein choices, supplementing, grounding....maybe Id see different results. For weeks now my body has had no desire to eat. I have gagged while trying to prepare a BAB, feel so sick after eating it....just zero appetite. Am starting to think maybe i should work with what my bod is giving me?

4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

The whole hcg increased sex drive thing has me a little freaked too. My sex drive is already absurd. If it got stronger I am afraid I may spontaneously combust!!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Some people have all the luck!

Just curious.....why don't you do steak days or weight yourself every day? I would be lost without those two tools after HCG. I always need/ want to keep on top of any weight gain right away and fix it ASAP. My weight is now pretty stable.

6. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

I found each subsequent round of hcg even harder to finish. But this last round went very well. The difference? I started an Amino Acid protocol outlined in The Diet Cure by Julia Ross. She explains how dieting depletes our levels of seratonin etc. She has a clinic in CA with a very high success rate for eating disorders, alcoholism, drug abuse etc. All of these issues have the same underlying cause--a malnourished brain. I read the book, took notes and ordered the supplements and aminos that addressed my personal issues. For me, this included food cravings of sugar, carbs & chocolate that led to bingeing all my life (but I didn't realize it was an eating disorder--I just thought I had poor eating habits) plus other issues such as anxiety. The idea is to bring your seratonin or dopamine levels up by adding amino acids while you change your diet to include at least 3 servings of 20-30 grams of protein each day spaced 4-5 hours apart to continually nourish your brain. In addition, eat lots of colorful vegetables and some fruit. Avoid grains if you are sensitive to them. This treatment usually lasts 3-12 months for most people who can then let diet alone take over while phasing out the supplements once they feel normal again. I highly recommend her book if you have been dieting a long time. Even tho I was on hcg, I did use the aminos. I also upped my protein a tad and left out one fruit and the grissino or melba as I am sensitive to wheat or gluten. The amino supplementation made a huge difference. I feel like I am finally getting my eating under control and it's only been 3-4 weeks since I started using them per Ross's protocol. Someone recommended this book to me months ago and I could kick myself for waiting so long to read it. By the way, I started at 220 lbs and am at 143 lbs as of today. I was at a lower weight last year but started gaining because I couldn't stay away from sugar etc. So I have about 10 lbs left to lose to get back into my summer clothes. I hope this helps you or anyone else with similar issues as mine.

7. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Caroline..I never really decided not to do weigh or do steak days; I just always squeezed my hcg rounds in between things like vactions, holidays, birthdays, busy times and once I was no longer injecting and got preoccupied with life I got lax about it and the weight came back so fast and furiously that by the time I checked the scale 1-2 lbs had long passed. Something i will rectify this time around and see if it helps.

IceBarbie that is really interesting. My Daughter has anxiety issues and we have put her on a protocol of B12, L-Theanine, and Taurine. I wonder if these are the amino acids you used as well? I love the L-Theanine 2 of those and i feel like Ive had a cup of coffee and glass of wine....love it.

I was thinking about approaching the hcg a little differently than i have in the past. Have all my protein within a 1/2 hour of waking. Have my coffee with tsp HWC. No breadstick. Fruit for dinner. CT at least 3 times a week. I will keep the amino acids in mind if the hormones and not eating affect my moods. Think I am going to do it. Really cant not bear to carry this weight anymore. I am similar in size to you. At 260 right now...ugh!

8. Lava

Lava Gold

This is great info on the HCG. Thanks to all of you for your input. I am thinking about doing it again but am hesitant. I am so in love with the bullet proof coffee, I don't think I can give it up for a round of HCG! Are you all still following Simeons protocol?

9. curves64

curves64 Silver

. . . My Daughter has anxiety issues and we have put her on a protocol of B12, L-Theanine, and Taurine. I wonder if these are the amino acids you used as well? I love the L-Theanine 2 of those and i feel like Ive had a cup of coffee and glass of wine....love it.

Cantweight, I would love to hear more about your daughter's anxiety protocol. Is there some place I can find more info? Please feel free to contact me directly here if you think this is an inappropriate subject for this thread. Thank you!

10. curves64

curves64 Silver

I have been puzzling over how to mesh hcg and Dr. K's prescriptions as well. I had a lot of success losing in the past but, like all of you, had trouble maintaining that loss for long periods of time. IN fact, I just aborted a round as it has the opposite effect on me as cantweight. It decreases my ability to have an orgasm. She's I've been experimenting with progesterone to see how it impacts my orgasms, I figured it was counter-productive for my experiment at this time

Not too long ago, I asked Dr Kruse in an Ask Jack if "hcg+progesterone+hydration = sustained weight loss" and he added CTing while grounding. What I'm a bit unclear about is whether he's suggesting hcg as a supplement or doing the hcg protocol. I figured I'd get more info from Dr. K and start again.

11. IceBarbie

IceBarbie New Member

Are there any women on this site who have successfully lost weight without HCG using only Jack's ideas? CT made my thighs even fatter so I was wondering who may have a real success story of beating obesity here that I can read about. One day Jack supports HCG, then the next day he's dissing it again as "unsustainable." The only reason it hasn't been perfect for me (and I've kept about 80 out of 90 lbs off), is because of my sugar/carb craving issues that I have had as long as I can remember. The Amino Acid protocol I am now on is helping beautifully. Julia Ross's The Diet Cure is more about cravings and other eating disorders (and drug & alcohol issues etc) while her book, The Mood Cure is more about emotional issues including depression, anti-depressants plus chemical dependency. I've read them both and found them to be excellent.

I did do a round of hcg while trying to apply Jack's protocol and I did it by eating protein as soon as I got up. Normally, you don't really eat breakfast on hcg. And then I didn't allow any food after 7 pm. I think I allowed a little extra protein too and skipped one fruit. Even with trying to do it his way, I still continued to struggle. My last round of hcg while taking various aminos that fit my issues was my easiest round so far. I've been dealing with a painful sciatic issue since late December and started gaining while being laid up. It's going on 3 months now. Thankfully, I've been able to take that 20 lbs back off with hcg and am back to where I was before this issue started.

endless likes this.
  12. Justfourme

Justfourme New Member

I tried hcg and ct at the same time a year ago and it was a disaster. Did not loose anything and have had weight issues ever since. Proceed with caution.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Colleen Coble is the expert in all things HCG. As far as I am concerned she is a fountain of information. I don't know if she still comes on this forum or not. Maybe Check the HCG forum.

I did hhcg and then went directly into the reset - but you have to be very vigilant. I monitored my weight every day and then if I needed to - I would do a steak day. I never let it get away from me. In my opinion - I think we are pretty unstable after HCG so we really have to be on top of it for at least six months.

I found the BAB difficult but all cravings went away within a week or two which was huge for me and I went to two meals a day pretty quickly. I eat dinner around 3-4:30pm and am not hungry until the next morning. I used to be really bad at raiding the fridge/pantry in the middle of the night so that was huge too.

The only cravings really that I had left was apples/fruit and once I gave up fruit I am now rock solid. I do have some once in a long while and I am fine.

Now I seem to be eating a lot and my weight is drifting downward. I think the spring water is part of it and all the seafood and raw meat. My weight is now 56 K - probably haven't been that weight since I was 12.

In my opinion you need to follow Dr. Simeon's protocols exactly except delete the bread and fruit and add a little more protein. Also follow the leptin Rex exactly. Shift down to two meals when you can and absolutely no snacking.

The other important thing for me was to add more fat and take away some protein which made me feel much better and not so overstuffed.

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

"In my opinion you need to follow Dr. Simeon's protocols exactly except delete the bread and fruit and add a little more protein."

Caroline, I delete the bread & one fruit and also add some extra protein. This works best for me too. My extra protein is usually some of the ground beef jerky I make. Nibble on it during my hour long commute from work.

I am by know means perfect with the protocol, but it works for me. Love the inch loss and am already wearing some things that haven't been worn in quite some time. Keeping myself well-hydrated with spring water and grounding daily.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

In my view - I see so many people tinker with dr. Simeon's protocols and for the life of me I don't understand why. It works beautifully.......but so many people try to add in other things like tuna etc. I, too, had 1 apple a day but if I ever need to do it again I would delete all fruit since I think it is a problem for me re - sugar cravings.

Fitness - how will you stabilize after you are done? I think that is wha Dr. K is saying......HCG does work but you really have to work at it afterwards to maintain until you stabilize. It actually isn't that hard but you have to be present and really think about what you are doing. It isn't magic - if you want the weight gone - it is hard work but doable.

I see the same thing with the leptin r/x ..... If you keep falling off the wagon you keep resetting yourself back to the beginning and not getting anywhere. For me - this all had to be priority#1 if I wanted to achieve results. What is it that JK says? Something like ....food shouldn't be your hobby. There is more but I can't remember the exact quote - it really struck home with me.

How do you make ground beef jerky? I would love that! I guess you have a dehydrator.

Isn't it fantastic when clothes start fitting nicely? I love it when they Just hang off you. It gives you so much more confidence - it makes all the difference .....I guess that is a woman thing?

16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Caroline, I will send you a message tomorrow with the base recipe. It is on my computer at work. I have some ground chicken "jerky" going in the oven right now. Lowest heat setting for about 7-8 hours.

I stabilize in P3 by eating higher protein/fat ( sound familiar?) You just have to be very strict for the first three weeks and I kind of limit my choices...don't introduce a bunch of thing all at once. I stay away from pretty much all carbs, including any fruit during this period.

After that, it is just my normal way of eating. Seafood, meat, fats - ghee, coconut oil, and rendered fats. Add in some veggies and fruit at times. I am not perfect in this...there are times I will eat something not on the above list like dairy or occasionally eggs on the weekend in the form of breakfast tacos. The problems start when you indulge too often.

This round is helping me clean house so to speak. It is getting my eating habits back on track. Two of my friends have recently started rounds because they've seen how it has worked for me (and they know I research everything thoroughly first).

I can tell you that I am missing my cocoa crack a lot right now :). Can't wait to add that back to my diet after completing this round...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

OMG .... I have forgotten about cocoa crack! I love it - but have a hard time staying away from it.

I am certainly not perfect either - by a long shot - but I weigh everyday to keep on top of it. Lately I seem to have more leeway. I eat a fair bit of Stilton cheese and goat cheese now. I seem to crave anything full fat.

Nowadays - a cheat day is an apple or some Stilton and red wine and I would probably have sushi if I was out with a friend.
    That certailey is light years away from where I used to be.....so grateful....and I love it as well - so satisfying.

18. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Curves, she sees an integrative doc for Lyme and Bartonella. She takes 5000mcg of B12 as needed when the anxiety hits, 1-2 Taurine and 1-2 L-theanine. Ina addition she takes a dose every morning just to help keep it in check. Her D is also low. Pretty sure it all stems from gut dysbiosis that we are trying to iron out.

19. curves64

curves64 Silver

Cantweight, my daughter has occasional anxiety so this may be something we can tweak to assist her during those times. Thank you so much for sharing this. I am most appreciative!

20. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Starting a new n=1 with hcg/epi paleo style. Loading for 2 days. Will update with results in a new thread.