1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Real Food

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by axel brandt, Jan 6, 2019.

1. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

Carrots from my garden vs "system Carrots". Do you think they are the same thing? I doubt so.......just try to grow them as large and perfect, whithout any chemicals.

Attached Files:

Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What does the good or bad gas do it to a Ferrari engine if the pistols are broken?

recoen likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

A neighbour just gave me some baby tomatoes from her garden.....they are a riot of shapes [misshapes] and sizes and colours and they are so delicious.

not one single one is perfect by our standards. But they are Mother Nature's perfect gift ....just like us!

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Gardening is an excellent way to be grounded in the sun. If more people had a relationship to nature via gardening what we are trying to explain would be a lot easier. Food is not enough of course and especially this year we will see the year of food cures everything. The "best" so far I have seen is nutritional autophagy or deep keto. Reading a bit I find very little understanding of the processes but no doubt it will sell.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    caroline and axel brandt like this.
  5. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

In recent years I have grown less and less in my vegetable garden because farmer’s markets are so plentiful and convenient these days.

But this summer I will spend much more time in my vegetable and flower gardens and do things radically different. Barefoot. Without sunglasses. Without sunscreen. Wearing tan-through Cooltan swim shorts and t-shirts or similar (hoping they'll help deflect mosquitos in those early morning hours). I will also stretch out the periods of the day that I’m outside.

Gardening is one of my favorite reasons to be outside and I am going to make the most of it. The tasty locally grown organic food will be secondary to repairing the engine, but a nice bonus.

6. For myself, gardening has numerous positive nonlinear effects. It has helped my build a relationship with my environment, from the bacterium and fungus, plants, insects, birds, bees, bats to the sun and all things as a whole. It has changed the way i look at the world.
    Working in the sun, bending over, making use of our opposable thumbs and being grateful for the bounty are things i never regret.
    Having a garden also allows one to stretch the local growing season to the max vs buying farmed monoculture veggies. I found a dozen beautiful taters right before Christmas while turning my compost! My sheep and chickens are still eating pumpkins.
    I also speculate, that food taken fresh and eaten outside where it grows, is vastly superior to produce sitting under fake light.
    I am happy beyond words when seeds i have planted in young minds sprout and bear fruit.

caroline, axel brandt and Inger like this.
  7. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

I agree ! It's an amazing hobby and suits perfectly well with the main principles.....sun, magnetism. Besides that, the quality of the food you ingest matters.

caroline likes this.
  8. Well, after reflecting yesterday, I realized that although I eat the best food I can grow or purchase, I am far from optimal and feel like I have been in a decline. Can't wait to trade my high lattitude garden for an equatorial one where I can fix my pistons.

axel brandt and Lahelada like this.
  9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I am on the move,too.

10. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

Tropical or sub-tropical latitudes are more energetic places, there's no food that can replace that.

Lahelada likes this.