1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ready for ACTION... Emma and family (+6) = 7 black swans

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Emma C, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

I suspect these first few posts will be a hot mess... forgive me, but don't go easy because, we are ready for change.

I have created a welcome post and spent WAY to long at this coffee shop reading through everything suggested. Next step, "create my journal". I love to-do lists.

After about an hour reading, I started reading the entries from the bottom up (I'm not kidding) my mind is swirling and I can not comprehend much. My heart is racing, ears ringing, hands and lower arm tingling. I feel on the verge of a panic attack. This is normal if I'm on technology, but until about 3 weeks ago I would be baffled by this and think it must have been from something I ate or too much caffeine. *Sigh

- age 39
    - 5' 7 1/2"
    - 120 lbs (used to weigh about 140 lbs but lost an extra 5 lbs after each pregnancy - I'm not complaining!)
    - married (spouse is on here too!)
    - 5 biological kids (age: 12, 9, 9, 8, 6) all boys but the middle one
    *lots of issues here, but I'm goin to follow Caroline's suggestion of starting with my own journey. I'll soon follow up with more on these little crazies!
    - 1 step daughter who is the poster child for a "Millennial" age 22
    - look healthy on the outside
    - spastic colon (diagnosed at 11 - prescribed Donatol?)
    - chronic strep and UTIs growing up (lots of antibiotics!)
    - tonsils out at age 10
    - from Evansville, IN (18 years)
    - college/grad school in St. Louis, MO (4 years)
    - age 22 moved to central Maine and had chronic bronchitis, uti's and colds
    - age 23 moved to VA and got better, but still got lots of colds which would turn to upper respirator infections
    - IBS (diagnosed about 6 years ago)
    - SIBO (diagnosed this year)
    - yeast over growth (diagnosed a month ago - suggested Candida-stat)
    - anxiety
    - panic episodes - happen around 11 pm - 2 am. shaking, very cold, thinking I'll vomit, but don't, diarrhea
    - ringing in ears about 6-12 months. Had concussion from getting rammed from our ram (yes, I see the irony) and this was the first time anyone asked about ringing, at which time I said yes, I have ringing, but I suspect I did before that too and just didn't pay as much attention to it. Ringing has progressively gotten worse.
    - terrible grinding of teeth
    - terrible dental health: first cavity at age 3, 25 cavities by age 18 even though I was a fanatical brusher/flosser and went to dentist regularly. All of these 25 were silver fillings. I've had them all replaced. I have two root canals that always hurt and need two more due to cracked teeth from grinding. Dentist wants to put in ALF to realign jaw. Major gum recession that leaves all teeth hurting and hard to chew.
    - back injury that has caused pain since I was about 13. I was a competitive gymnast and had a nasty fall.
    - chronic BV/yeast
    - prescribed glasses at age 13 and haven't taken them off for 26 years, until two weeks ago when my husband read that they are blocking the sun. Last two weeks I have only worn them to drive. I also used to wear prescription sunglasses outside, interestingly, those broke last week after 5 years. Nothing happened, they were in their case and when I opened it, they were shattered. Okay universe, I get the point.

Most recently experiencing cognitive decline, to the point where I went to the functional medicine doc and told her I was getting Alzheimers. I can not recall everyday words and just seem in a fog.

Please excuse misspelling, I also have some "form of dyslexia" I was told in elementary school - so I'm some strange mix of stupid/smart. Aren't we all :)

Mother - age 69, until recently was the healthiest person I know. NEVER EVER got sick, no matter what. Had NO sympathy for my illnesses as a child, but took good care of me. Last 5 years or so, she got an upper respirator infection that would not clear, turned to asthma, put on lots of meds (don't know what all but steroids and inhalers and others) after 2 years she got better. I think this was precipitated by lymes disease a few years back.

Grandmother (mother's side) - Diagnosed with Alzheimers around 40, had a slow decline and died when I was 5, so maybe 68. She was in coma whenever I saw her. She was a home economist and my mother remembers her always mixing chemical concoctions and telling my mom and sister to "stay away". She gardened and put lots of chemicals on food, according to my mom.

Great-Grandmother (Emma - whom I'm named after and told I'm like) was tall, very thin and very dark skinned. She barely ate because she had stomach issues but never complained. She lived off the land and was independent to a fault. Died of pneumonia in her 80s.

Labs: I've had a nutritional test done, but that's all. Showed extremely low magnesium, and all B vitamins low. Oh and all fungals were high. SIBO was bad said doc and wanted me to do an antibiotic then two months of herbals.

I eat mostly paleo, but have NEVER eaten much seafood. Didn't even touch fish until college when I probably ate it 4 times. I've tried lobster in ME once. My husband is deathly allergic to shellfish, so I have not attempted to cook that. We've been a chicken/steak kinda family (we've raised our own meat birds and butchered - so I'd MUCH rather fish). I have NO idea what an oyster would taste like or how to desensitize my husband to this???? I don't even know where you would buy them. We have taken fish oil for years, but I read Jack said this is a no no. Why? Can someone point me in the direction of his explanation of the no fish oil supplement please?

Thanks for reading!
    Thanks for the community :)
    Ready for the adventure!

E

caroline likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Welcome. I love the chaos of a hot mess.

Pablo and Emma C like this.
  3. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

Hi Jack, I think you'll like us then ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I guess you could say that you are fiercely chaotic!

nice start Emma...... I can't wait to read your journal a year from now!

go get em girl!

Emma C likes this.
  5. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

"fiercely chaotic," LOL...I must show my husband that description, he'll smile :) @Nathan Campbell

caroline likes this.
  6. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

Day 2 of journal:

Bought, cooked and ate first oysters!!!!

feel smarter already ;)

Not sure why I read so many people saying they are yucky. I thought they were DELICIOUS! Yum! Made 3 (wasn't sure what to expect) then had to go back and make more. I had some pistachios with them then thought, um, wait, these don't grow in Virginia. Oops. Baby steps.

I had three farm raised (by me) eggs for breakfast, so that's good!

Oh and sunrise with no shoes, 24 oz of water and a freezing ass shower (then the eggs). Heading out for midday sun now and bought some fish for dinner, kids are going to kill me, lol....we've eaten fish three days in a row. It's to the point now that they'd rather eat the brussel sprouts than another bite of fish. 5 year old walks around screaming "I hate cod," like it's some kinda team chant.

SunshineMama and ELLEN M. like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you follow ....Nom Nom Paleo? she has two sons and has a great blog and recipes.

She does recipes from her home kitchen on youtube ...aided and abetted by her two sons! Apparently the youngest was going to leave home when there weren't cookies in the pantry any longer!

8. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

Awesome! I'll go check her out :) I actually have limited ALL screen time to ONLY Jack. All recipes, research, etc is now in books.

Leading with action verses words works wonders around here ;)

KrystleSky and caroline like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Nom Nom Paleo has a couple of great cook books. Her cooking style is based on Julia Child, Jaques Pepin et all. She is a great cook.....not a fly by night paleo guru who is tossing out crappy recipes that don't follow basic cooking guidelines.

Bob Stirling likes this.
  10. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

Day 4 of journal (couple weeks of attempting to execute advice).

POOP PARTY!

historically, I go once per week (for about the last 5 years).

Pooped three days IN A ROW. Shut the front door.

I haven't even bought the $1,600 antibiotics the naturopath prescribed!

You are all now my very best friends....because, well, I just over shared.

e

Pablo, Sue-UK, SunshineMama and 2 others like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yay!!!!

12. drezy

drezy Gold

That's funny.

Good news.

Emma C likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Now start finessing Bristol.

caroline, Emma C and drezy like this.
  14. Well done Super Momma! I make fish every night and my kids either eat it or go hungry...guess what is for breakfast the next day for them ;) They have figured out they like it warm not cold ;)

caroline, Emma C and drezy like this.
  15. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

I like you SunshineMama ;)

16. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

currently 2/3, but that's improvement over the past 5 years at 1!

caroline likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

Emma C likes this.
  18. Emma C

Emma C Titanium

Day 5:

Not sure if it's the naked sun bathing or my daily intake of oysters, but my husband is enjoying this new protocol :) Didn't know it would work that quickly!

19. drezy

drezy Gold

No other method of healing is this fun.

caroline likes this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

UC 327: Water, Light and Magnetism for Health with Dr Jack Kruse ...

https://thewellnesscouch.com/.../uc-327-water-light-and-magnetism-for-health-with-dr...

Mar 26, 2019 - This is a confronting interview with Dr Jack Kruse and the Chatters, but a conversation ... Podcast: Play in new window | Download ... Find out as Cyndi O' Meara, Carren Smith & Kim Morrison challenge conventional wisdom.
    Dr. K.'s podast with Cyndi O'Meara... | Jack Kruse Optimal Health ...

forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/dr-k-s-podast-with-cyndi-omeara.10797/

May 10, 2014 - Has everyone heard this podcast? I am just listening again ..... so much easy to understand information for all of us ......

Alex97232 and drezy like this.