1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Reading at night

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by ChrisnJr, Mar 10, 2019.

1. ChrisnJr

ChrisnJr Silver

Is it ok to read a book at night with a red light head lamp such as one could purchase at a hardware store ?

2. Allin

Allin New Member

If I can assume you see sunrise every morning, have the power grid to your house turned off at night, have a great redox and want to use a red light to read at night for an hour or two before you go to sleep at 9 or 10 PM instead of a candle, fire or kerosene lamp - I am sure it is okay.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Where you live no light at night is most wise.

ChrisnJr likes this.
  4. Anne V

Anne V Gold

probably in my case too but love 30 mn reading with red light b4 going to sleep

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

the flicker from a head lamp drives me nuts!

6. drezy

drezy Gold

Great point. Most flicker in order to extend battery life. If battery life we're the only concern it's pretty efficient.

Anne just learn braille and your set.

For over two years we have switched to listening to audio books on a non-connected device. It's been over 3 decades since someone read to me in bed and I realize that I sure did miss it.

7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I may read a bit with a salt lamp and a red lamp (LED red bulb) on but I also have my blue blockers on. The salt lamp (incandescent in it) still seems so blue to me as do candles.

@drezy my husband has taken to having the bigger kids read TO HIM at night!

8. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

When I read about the power grid being turned off at night, I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this. Do I just go to the breaker box and turn off everything for each bedroom? I need an alarm clock (not using cell!!) so I'm not sure how to do this. I've seen the equipment you can buy that is like a zone kill switch...
    So much to figure out! It would be easier if I had even a little understanding of electricity!

9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

You can get a wind up alarm clock off Amazon. Old fashioned :)

Phosphene, Kathy Spears and drezy like this.
  10. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Oh yeah!! Duh!!!!! Thanks!

LieselK likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL. I'm pro in-house child labor.

Sajid Mahmood and LieselK like this.
  12. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Have someone go into the room you want killed. You go to the breaker box and start flipping the single 15 or 20 amp ones (numbers are on the breaker handle) until the room goes off. Put a sticker on the ones you want off then repeat the process yourself every night. Don’t forget when you wake up that it’s your fault the powers out not electric company. Make sure you turn off sensitive electronic equipment before throwing breakers on and off. If your lucky each breaker should be labeled on the cover door. Make sure you didn’t cut off the fridge, sump pump, heater ect... along with your bedroom.

Phosphene and Kathy Spears like this.
  13. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Thanks! You make it sound so easy. Today is my day off so I will work on this! Hmmm, I wonder how long until my sick son will feel well enough to help! I may be just slightly insensitive in my zeal to make this happen :p

Mike David likes this.
  14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Well... you can't get well in the environment you got sick in so...

caroline and Kathy Spears like this.
  15. Mike David

Yup. Way easier than learning quantum biology.

LieselK likes this.
  16. Mike David

You can also plug something in in that room that makes a lot of noise then flip breakers until the noise goes off. You could have wiring in the floor, walls and ceiling not related to that room too. That’s where a trimeter is very handy just to be sure your not pissing in the wind.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    caroline and Phosphene like this.
  17. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

;)

18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Christine_L and LieselK like this.
  19. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

That’s exactly my fear - pissing in the wind! That’s how I get lost in the details!! If I can only buy one meter for showing the worst of the radiation, which type should I get?

20. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Don't be afraid! We all make mistakes and piss into the wind sometimes. What matters is if you adjust or keep soaking yourself. As you take more steps toward getting better and continue to learn you'll do better and better! Jack recently told me to look at the mistakes as information to move forward with. What do you learn and what will you do next? This is why having a journal is so helpful- you can track what works and what doesn't.

You'll tap into that intuition as you connect with nature :)

Alex97232 and Lahelada like this.