1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Re: artificial means of grounding

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Matty, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Matty

Matty New Member

I asked in the EMF blog and was sent here, anyone care to answer?

This series is really phenomenal dr Kruse. I keep feeling the need to skip ahead to quiet the debate about grounding equipment. It takes me a long time to read these blogs and I want to know if I'm doing further harm using a electrical circuit ground based product. I assume for the reading I've done on your thoughts this far, your preference would be magnetically pads, then grounding rod based products, then if at all, electric circuit ground based product. I do not have $80 to drop on listening to the webinar to skip ahead either. Young family I'm trying to protect, and finances are tight. Can you shed some light for me so I can focus on the blog as you intended? If I plug in to a plug grounded strap when using an ipad at home, am I helping or making worse the EMFs? How about in an office building?

2. Martin

Martin Gold

Hi Matty, without testing your home for what levels of magnetic, electrical, and radio frequencies you have, you don't know if your becoming an antenna for all those fields to come through you when you use a grounding/earthing electrical circuit-based product. It may be fine, but in this modern world, probably not. When you are on a computer, for instance, any EMF fields coming from it will pass THROUGH you if your feet/hands are on a grounding mat plugged into the wall. You need to ground the computer's metal frame directly into the earth with a wire and metal rod, according to many emf experts. Look up Michael Neuert's site and search around for a way to make a simple USB ground device for your computer. The office building? Probably loaded with EMF, but unless you have ways of testing, you can't be sure. If there are flourescent lights in it, more than likely you have fields. Every structure is different. Hope this helps.

NSH

3. Matty

Matty New Member

Thanks Martin! That is helpful, definitely. I saw Mr Neuert's video on grounding a laptop, now assuming a rod & wire set up to be more efficient manner of using grounding tech. At least until the snow melts and barefoot season begins! :) I will now commence a quest for a testing device, though I may have to start w/ an AM radio due to budget restraints. Also will use the laptop grounding idea on my iPad. Thanks again for your help, Martin!

4. av8r

av8r New Member

An AM radio is a fantastic EMF sniffer… I used one to clean up my home environment. Found a drop light in my basement that was turned off but still plugged in and had such a dirty EMF footprint that it could be detected right over my bed on the floor above!

Martin likes this.
  5. Matty

Matty New Member

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience, and the title EMF sniffer. My kids are going to think that's hilarious!

6. Matty

Matty New Member

I found an inexpensive multimeter, and have started testing everything as Jack recommends.

I wonder this about using the multimeter. The black wire connects to CON plug and to the ground, and then you hold the probe of the red lead. They say the CON is your reference, the earth. Should that read 0.00? I get the expected readings, similar to what I've seen in the how to videos. But no one in the vids mention the number illustrated on the reference. Anybody?

The multimeter shows a major drop in body voltage when I connect to my electric based ground, darn near zero. So should I still be wary of this set up over a dedicated ground rod system?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  7. margor_j

margor_j New Member

hi hi,
    sorry matty, i cant help you (though i have packed up my earthing mat that i thought was gonna be so awesome, dirty electricity?! ugh.. ) but im curious now, how does an am radio help 'sniff' out emfs? Id like to do some 'sniffing' at my place!

:)

8. av8r

av8r New Member

Hi Margor,
    Basically your listening for changes in the background static on the AM radio… the first 5 minutes of this video shows the process.
    Bruce

Tanya and margor_j like this.
  9. av8r

av8r New Member

Hi Matty,
    Yes, COM is the common lead to ground and measure it in VAC, volts AC. The closer to zero reading you get the better.

When it comes to grounding you, you’re much better off grounding to the earth, bare foot on the ground is the best and second to that is a ground rod to a grounding mat separate from your house ground… there are too many unknowns with house grounds, i.e. other currents caused by ground loops and dirty connections etc.

Don’t run your grounding wire from the grounding rod to your mat in close proximity to any house wiring too or other sources of EMF. If you can’t avoid it then run your grounding wire perpendicular over any house wiring paths you need to cross. Also, at the end of your grounding wire where it attaches to your grounding mat put in an RF choke to suppress any EMF that get on your grounding wire… a grounding wire is an antenna in theory! An RF choke is a simple toroid bead that the wire wraps a few turns around… radio shack or any electronics store sells them. http://sigma.octopart.com/490833/image/RadioShack-RF-CHOKE.jpg
    Bruce

10. Matty

Matty New Member

Fantastic, Bruce! Thanks you for your input, very helpful!