1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Raynaud’s syndrome??

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by nicld, Feb 4, 2014.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

Ok, after hearing about this in the CT webinar last week and seeing other members on the forum with this, I think that I might have Raynaud’s syndrome. My hands and feet can get SO cold and it does not matter if it is winter or summer (drives the hubby NUTS). My feet can go from freezing cold, white and numb to on FIRE.

Yesterday on my way home I was trying to get some easy CT by not turning the heat on in my car but by the time I got home my hands and feet were froze. This maybe why after CT, even with the feet out, they get so cold and numb that I HAVE to rewarm them with warm water. Even this weekend one of my pinky fingers got purple in a spot and was cold and numb. I thought I had popped a blood vessel in it but not I am not sure.

Does this sound like Raynaud’s?

I will have to really watch this and see what happened tonight during CT. I did look up pictures on the web and my fingers have never turned really white but the toes have lost any color. It’s quite a sight when I get out. The body all pink and the feet white. Even now my one hand it cold and a slight shade of purple.

2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Nicolle, there is an old thread on the forum with Reynaud's in the title...it's worth a read. There is a technique using hot water and cold air to train your extremities not to constrict. Sometimes I will get a strong reaction to picking up something in the freezer and I can feel my finger go white and numb in an instant. Mostly things have improved this year. Because you are doing really long really cold baths I would be careful with your hands and feet....you can damage them.

3. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks, I will check it out. I may need to grab some more of the hot packs for my slippers then.

4. nicld

nicld Gold

Yep pretty sure this is what is going on. Got out of the tub (I wear neoprene booties too) and a couple of the toes were white. Even the hubby said that they looked white. Well, that explains the cold hands and feet, now to just figure out how to fix it.

5. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

The fix is going to be in everything you are doing here....and will probably take awhile too. I used my hands and feet as a monitor for CT. Keep going and you'll get there.:)

6. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks. Now everything makes sense and why trying to do "air" CT a bit of a challenge and why almost everytime I go outside the hands and feet get so cold.

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Nicole I've been dealing with this... the burning/itching is so painful. Trying to figure out what's really going on...
    I think what I'm experiencing is some sort of peripheral neuropathy... but not sure

8. nicld

nicld Gold

Gretchen, do you find it worse in the winter versus summer? I have had this in the summer too, so bizarre.

I always knew that I had poor circulation but just thought it was due to low blood pressure. My feet are the worst, they would go from freezing to being on FIRE and hurting too.

At least I do not have it as bad as some of the pictures I saw on google. They just looked SO painful. The hubby did see that botox was a treatment for this but thank goodness I do not have it that bad.

I am going to see about a consult with Dr. Tim and see what he says might help this. Right now it is not too bad, just a nuisance but I don't want it to get worse.

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've always had cold/fingers toes - but this winter they got worse - I think there's a relationship btwn my thyroid issues, as well as my FBG issues as well....

10. nicld

nicld Gold

Well, time to figure this out. Now that I am pretty sure that this is what I have, I will be more aware of not letting them get too cold.

11. nicld

nicld Gold

12. cantweight

cantweight Gold

This was something that got better for me when I was being treated for other crap. My fingernails and toenails were always blue/white, even in summer. Numb and cold and I had a lot of arthritis and LUPUS symptoms then as well. Definitely auto immune related. I think of it as opposite of fibromyalgia....my fibro was the fire the raynauds was my ice....both cause by overactive/oversensitive nerves. Some suggest the practice of thinking the hands/feet warm. Sort of like a meditation/visualization. I have not had this come back in a few years now, I wish I could pinpoint what fixed it.

kovita likes this.
  13. Penny

Penny New Member

so, not a mthfr 1298 thing? Raynaud's? I have an 18 year old living with me who has this - his grandmother has it and fibro and Sjogern - I have a month where I can help him - any success with this form anyone?

14. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

I think some cases are a matter of poor vascular system in hands and feet--a structural condition and not always due to autoimmune conditions.

My husband remembers sitting in the car crying at age 8 due to painful, frigid hands while everyone else happily played in the snow. His hands begin to hurt when the temp is still as "high" as 40F. Not all that cold, especially in the mountains.

When my little grandson at 10 months was learning to walk holding on to the coffee table he stepped on my bare foot. His little feet were cold as ice! His daddy, my son, never really complained of cold hands but tells us now that they do often hurt in cold weather.

Son is diagnosed celiac but DH and grandson have no apparent AI conditions. We seem to have 3 generations of inherited poor circulation. And yes, the affected fingers and toes do turn white.

I, OTOH, have no circulation problems in my hands--they are always as warm as the rest of my body and I have at least two, maybe more, AI conditions including Sjogren's.

Go figure.

15. Josh

Josh Gold

Poor vascular=weak magnetic charge in mitochondria and related tissues and low O2 tension and paramagnetism in blood I imagine....probably a mitochondrial epigenetic issue....

16. Linz

Linz Gold

I think reduced omega 6 fats, fish, vit K and plenty of good grounding would be the best approach.
    I had Reynauds symptoms for a single winter but after tightening up fat intake and using vit K supplement all the signs had disappeared completely by the next winter. My daughter had symptoms when living upstairs in the city and spending her days surrounded by technology in term-time but was fine when she was at home, rural and outside a lot of the time often wearing a t shirt when everyone else was in winter clothes. Perhaps dark evenings with a log fire for IR might also help. We sometimes sit /eat outside with a fire going - great for sleep and distraction from television, phones etc.

17. kovita

kovita Gold

i cannot pinpoint what helped me, but my Raynauds got much much better. I noticed white yellowish fingers just when my lyme stroke in a full blown. I have been following JK lifestyle recommendations for over a year now and it got much better, however my hands would still feel cold (I always had cold hands though). Sometimes in cold they turn white for a small while but mostly even when cold now, they remain pink. If i think about it, the major improvement came with intravenous oxygen therapy. That helped a lot in many senses. This is as well exactly what Josh said and JK said, higher oxygenation of blood directly improves paramagnetism of plasma.

18. Penny

Penny New Member

Thanks everyone:) This child certainly spends time around EMF and blue light... and I've read that evening primrose oil might help - never really thought of fire as infared light - really huge epiphany there BTW - I know that when voltage drops, so does oxygen, but I wonder if the oxygen therapy works because it kills anaerobes or improve the Kreb's cycle? or both? Weirdly, I even read there is a correlation between the COMT and Raynaud's... that confused me - my default state these days... :)

Well, it sounds to me like it might kill pathogens - because this therapy will kill pathogens:
    Treatment of severe Raynaud's syndrome by injection of autologous blood pretreated by heating, ozonation and exposure to ultraviolet light (H-O-U) therapy.
    Cooke ED1, Pockley AG, Tucker AT, Kirby JD, Bolton AE.
    Author information

Abstract
    OBJECTIVE:
    To determine the effect of re-injection of small samples of autologous blood, pretreated with heat, ozone and ultraviolet light (H-O-U therapy) in patients with severe Raynaud's syndrome.

EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN:
    Open trial in 4 patients.

SETTING:
    Temperature/humidity controlled vascular laboratory.

PATIENTS:
    Severe Raynaud's syndrome of more than 5 years duration and defined as more than 5 attacks daily or 10 attacks in one week, at least half of which were painful and lasting for more than 30 minutes. Three patients were refractory to infusions of Iloprost.

INTERVENTIONS:
    Patients were treated daily or on alternate days for a two to three weeks period by re-injection of citrated autologous blood pre-treated with heat, ozone and ultraviolet light (H-O-U therapy).

MEASURES:
    Clinical observations; mean equilibrated hand temperature (infrared thermography); distributive and microcirculatory blood-flow (venous occlusion strain-gauge plethysmography, infrared photoplethysmography, laser Doppler flowmetry) iontophoresis of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside; estimations: serum levels of 6-keto-PGF1alpha and serum levels of anti-hsp65 antibody.

RESULTS:
    Reduction or abolition of Raynaud's attacks for at least three months after treatment. Mean equilibrated hand temperature increased but did not normalise. Blood flow parameters improved but did not reach statistical significance. Iontophoresis of acetylcholine showed an increase in laser Doppler flowmetry which was statistically significant. Serum levels of 6-keto-PGF1alpha, fell significantly in three patients. Serum levels of anti-hsp65 antibody fell in the one patient which was followed sequentially.

CONCLUSIONS:
    H-O-U therapy may prove useful in patients with severe Raynaud's syndrome.

So, naturally, I had to look up h pylori/raynaud's and here it is:
    Raynaud's Phenomenon and Helicobacter Pylori Infection.
    Gasbarrini A1, Serricchio M, Tondi P, De Luca A, Franceschi F, Ojetti V V, Pola R, Dal Lago A, Flore R, Santoliquido A, Gasbarrini G, Pola P.
    Author information

Abstract
    Raynaud's phenomenon is an intermittent vasospasm of the arterioles of the distal limbs which occurs mostly following exposure to cold or emotional stimuli. Helicobacter pylori infection, the most relevant cause of gastritis, has been associated with some vascular diseases. The aim of this study was to assess the prevalence of H. pylori infection and effects of eradication on Raynaud attacks. Twenty-five patients affected by primary Raynaud's phenomenon were evaluated. H. pylori infection was assessed by the 13C urea breath test and 20 subjects were found to be infected by the bacterium. Triple therapy consisting of amoxicillin, clarithromycin, and lansoprazole was given to the patients for 7 days at the time of diagnosis. Duration and frequency of clinical attacks of Raynaud's phenomenon per week were assessed for 12 weeks after eradication. In 80 percent of the patients Raynaud's was eradicated after therapy. Clinical attacks of Raynaud's phenomenon completely disappeared in 18% of the eradicated patients. Duration and frequency of attacks were significantly reduced in 68% of the remaining patients. The preliminary findings from this study show that H. pylori eradication significantly ameliorates primary Raynaud's disease.

Bio-HPF will save us all... :)

And, I wonder if the reason evening primrose oil might work is that it's similar to black cumin seed oil which is just as effective at treating h pylori as the triple therapy...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3003218/

Comparative Study of Nigella sativa and Triple Therapy in Eradication ofHelicobacter pylori in Patients with Non-Ulcer Dyspepsia

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  19. Penny

Penny New Member

20. Penny

Penny New Member

In fact, I'm starting to think all these bugs have one thing in common - they are all pleomorphs and they all propogate like crazy when exposed to EMF... h pylori is also pleomorphic - as is Lyme -