1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Raised Testosterone and Vitamin D (Male)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Huck, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

I posted this originally in the thread Sunbathing ups mens testosterone, but I think it is important enough to post here.

Guys, if you are having trouble raising your testosterone, get out in the sun while there is still time this year.

Starting around July 4, on sunny days, I tried to spend 1-2 hours in the sun, most days without a shirt. On some days, I just put the top down on the car and went for a long drive. I never burned and actually got where I craved being in the sun during the hottest part of the day. I just spent 4 hours in the sun today.

In the past, I was unable to raise testosterone or vitamin d with just the sun, but figured it was worth trying again. The results were absolutely amazing.

Results:

[April 2012 . . . . . Aug 2012

Testosterone Serum . . . . 497 . . . . . . . . 714 (348-1197) (No dhea, 7-keto, pregnenolone, or testosterone during July)

Vitamin D . . . . . . . . . . . 68.6 . . . . . . . . 111 (30-100) (supplemented with 15,000 IU vit d)

I have been taking 15,000 iu of vit d for a couple of years and could only get vit d up to 68.6. Just 1 month of sunshine maxed it out.

I think this shows 2 things. The 1st is the most important - my body is starting to work again. HPA axis seems to be working. The 2nd is that sunshine is extremely important for more than just circadian rhythm. My IGF-1 was also at top of range and I wonder if the sun affected that as well. First time I tested IGF-1, so have no idea what it was in the past.

Twice in my life I have lived at the beach and I think I need to move there one more time where I can walk in the sand and sun, swim in the water, and eat fresh seafood every day.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Huck,

That is a significant increase in both! Good for you.

My husband is currently on a testosterone, HCG, and anastrozole regimen for his "Low T". I am going to ask him to read your post. He definitely doesn't spend enough time outside in the sun.

Thanks for posting your results...

3. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Woot, way to go Huck.

4. Destiny

Destiny New Member

This is great, Huck. Alerting my husband to this right now!

5. Martin

Martin Gold

Great inspiration, Huck. I just dropped everything and jumped in the tub.

My T (free and bound) is in the crapper and need to get on it.

Go for my D update soon. I didn't spend nearly enough time down in the garden/sun this year. This test will be revealing.

I checked my IGF-1 and it is very low. Good to hear your's ain't!!!