1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Raffael’s Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Raffael Zissu, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Raffael Zissu

Raffael Zissu Silver

Hello Everyone,

I am very glad that I found this forum. More than 2 years ago, I read on mercola.com that high energy blue light has negative effects on health. Shortly after, I purchased a yellow CFL bulb and a pair of blue light blocking glasses from lowbluelights.com.
    At the beginning, I wore the glasses every day a few hours before my bedtime - only when at home. Not noticing any difference with my sleep quality or my other Parkinson’s disease symptoms, I eventually stopped using them.
    Until recently, I used the yellow CFL bulb in my bathroom, in combination with two regular LED light bulbs as my wife was complaining about the low brightness of the yellow CFL bulb by itself.
    Last December, I came across Dr. Kruse for the first time. It was in a webcast from the EMF Health Summit. When I heard about the sunrise routine, it piqued my interest. Then in January, I came across some research done by Professors Jean-Bernard Fourtillan and Henri Joyeux that concluded that PD is due to a dysfunction of the sleep-wake system (see here https://fonds-josefa.org/en/parkinson). This brought me back to jackkruse.com, where I researched the subject further.The information I found there made complete sense to me, so I decided to dive in by educating myself about the prescriptions and recommendations.

Now I am again wearing my blue light blocking glasses daily when at home using electronic devices or when exposed to artificial lighting. I ordered two more pairs of blue/green light blocking glasses, one that blocks up to 450 nm and one that blocks up to 550 nm. These will be more suitable for when away from home and block a wider spectrum. As of last week, I am only using the yellow CFL bulb in my bathroom at night. During the day, there’s sunlight coming in through the window. I am working on changing all LED light bulbs in my house to better ones. I am also considering adding IR lighting, but I am not sure what to buy and if I need eye protection. At night, I started using candles whenever possible. After my wife comes home from work, around 7 or 8 pm, that isn’t possible for the time being. After sunset, I close the curtains to reduce artificial lighting from outside.
    I will shortly either change the settings to reduce blue light on my iPad and iPhone or order blue light filters. I stopped watching TV, but my wife still watches it after coming home from work. I reduced the use of my iPhone.

As of last Sunday, I have been going outdoors 4 times per day for 30-60 minutes - as long as it has not been raining too heavily. At sunrise, around 10 am, around 2 pm, and shortly before sunset. Bare forearms and lower limbs whenever possible. Hatless, wheather permitting. Briefly grounding with hands occasionally. Sun-gazing 5 minutes each at sunrise and sunset. I will increase this duration over time.

As of last Sunday, I made breakfast my largest meal. However, whenever I ate 50-60 g of protein for breakfast, I didn’t have any ON period from my second dose of medication, which took around 12 pm. With around 40 g of protein for breakfast, my second medication dose yielded an ON period of about 30 minutes. Usually, my second ON period lasts up to 90 minutes. I am hoping that this will improve in the future, with my body making more dopamine and everything else it needs for proper functioning.
    I have been eating more seafood every day and have eaten about ten fresh oysters in the first 3 days of week. I am planning to consume more oysters going forward. I have stopped snacking almost 12 months ago. I stopped eating grains since the beginning of the year. My diet can be categorized as low carbohydrate.
    The water I drink is regular tap water filtered through a Brita pitcher. I am looking into getting a better water filter.

I currently don’t work, due to my condition. I live on the 3rd floor of a 3-family house where it is probably challenging to do effective EMF mitigation. I believe that all houses on my block have smart meters and there’s not much space between buildings.

caroline likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Raffael Zissu

Raffael Zissu Silver

I have been spending about three hours outdoors every day. Now that the weather is not that cold anymore, I am mostly wearing a tank top and bermuda shorts during my daily walks. All LED light bulbs have been removed from my home and replaced with 110V halogen incandescent bulbs. The combination of a.m. sunlight exposure and the consumption of shrimp exoskeletons should help to build my solar callus, reducing my risk of sunburn when the sunlight will be stronger.
    I also have been eating about half a dozen oysters (mostly raw) daily, along with other seafood. I found a local oyster farm that sells directly to consumers! Sometimes, I eat raw fish. I increased my consumption of organ meats (e.g. liver, kidney, tongue, and gizzards) as well as of bone broth. Since there are currently no locally grown fruits in season, I refrain from eating fruit until I can find some locally harvested. There are a few local CSA programs which are potential sources for organically grown fruits and vegetables.
    The New Jersey harvest season spans from May/June to November. As far as I understand, if I followed a strict seasonal diet, that would mean that I should not eat anything but animal products from December to April/May, i.e. a period of 5-6 months. Is that something I should consider doing, despite my condition?
    In a few weeks, I will say good bye to my Wi-Fi and rely exclusively on a hard-wired Internet connection going forward. Unfortunately, there will still be second hand Wi-Fi exposure from my neighbors and all the other nnEMF.
    I have been avoiding ALAN, using candles instead. I mostly don’t use any electronic devices after sunset. Whenever I am not home and exposed to artificial lighting, I am wearing my blue blockers and covering most of my skin. My bedtime is now 9:00-9:30 almost every day. Since my last journal entry, my sleep pattern has changed. Whereas I used to be able to sleep continually throughout the night, waking up about every hour and then usually falling asleep again, now I normally sleep 3-4 hours without waking up and then I oftentimes don’t fall asleep again. Sometimes I am bothered by heat trapped in my mattress. Now and then, I get fidgety and feel the need to change the position of my legs.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    caroline likes this.
  4. Raffael Zissu

Raffael Zissu Silver

Two weeks ago, I significantly increased my grounding time to about one hour per day. I walk barefoot on grass in the park next to my home or just stand there. I also started using CBD oil and it helps me get better sleep. Now it’s easier for me falling asleep again after waking up.
    With respect to food, I joined a boxed share CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program to get fresh local and seasonal produce. I am looking forward to getting started. :)
    Regarding my water consumption, I have been drinking Icelandic Glacial Spring Water, Evian, and Mountain Valley Spring Water. Starting in May, I will get home delivery of large glass bottles of Mountain Valley Spring Water that I will use with a ceramic water dispenser.

caroline likes this.
  5. Raffael Zissu

Raffael Zissu Silver

My sleep quality deteriorated and I have trouble falling asleep again after waking up. The CBD oil does not help anymore. Today I started dunking my face into cold water. The longest time I could stay without breathing was about 20 seconds. There is room for improvement...:) Soon I will be adding full body immersion in water with ice to the CT protocol.

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Raffael ......I love all your baby steps to help yourself ......keep going!

7. Raffael Zissu

Raffael Zissu Silver

Thanks for the encouragement Caroline! :)

8. Raffael Zissu

Raffael Zissu Silver

I recently started full body immersion CT in my bathtub. So far I have 8 sessions under my belt. I keep my legs bent and my torso as immersed as possible, so a substantial part of my legs is not under water. I didn’t put any ice on my chest for now.
    I started out with 2 sessions of 15 minutes each with the water temperature at about 69o F. The temperature for subsequent sessions was about 64o F. For the fourth session, I increased the time to 30 minutes and found that to be too intense, as I stayed cold for too long after the end of the CT session. At night, I also experienced more difficulty to move and was weaker than usual. Therefore, for my last few sessions, I decreased the duration to 20 minutes and kept the temperature at approximately 64o F. As my body is cold adapting, I am shivering less when in the tub. Since I started the cold tub therapy, I occasionally slept a little better. Unfortunately, it’s inconsistent.

Yesterday I picked up my first CSA delivery. The produce is as fresh as it gets and tastes great. When eating it, I imagine all the good local energy it contains. :) It completely changed my relationship to the food I eat. Unfortunately, the boxed share I ordered is too small so that not all produce I eat is local and seasonal yet. I am working on improving this situation.

Regarding EMF mitigation, I received the RF, EF, and MF meters I recently ordered. Now I will work with an EMF consultant to set up a wired Internet system. I have been using my iPad with an Ethernet cable connection whenever my wife didn’t need our WiFi for work. The first RF measurements I made, show that even with both our WiFi router and mobile phones off, there is still high/extreme RF radiation present in my home. It appears that there is some major mitigation to be done. Unfortunately, some of this RF radiation is beyond my control. In the long term, a healthier solution is probably to move.

The past two weekends I went to the beach. Last weekend, I discovered the only legal New Jersey nude beach. I seized the opportunity to do nude sunbathing for the first time in my adult life. It was windy and with all the sand flying, it felt like being in a desert sand storm. The beach in question was not very crowded, but after talking to a regular there I learned that it gets very busy, particularly in July and August.

Every day is a mental and physical struggle for me. Sometimes I flirt with the idea of asking my neurologist to prescribe me additional medication, but resist the temptation due to the undesirable side effects. I wish I were more independent so that I could make faster health gains. I can’t wait for better days, a breakthrough. I would love to experience if a stay on the Yucatán Peninsula or similar environment would alleviate or reverse my symptoms. Going there with my wife for a short period that doesn’t interfere with her work is probably feasible. However, that’s unlikely to help much. Unfortunately for now I am unable to go by myself. For now I will just keep moving on.

Lahelada likes this.