1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Radon, how it becomes dangerous

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Inger, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

So, I have been concerned about radon for long, as I live in a area where there are huge amounts in the ground at places. So it is common here to test for it if you have a basement.
    My parents tested, and it come out there was no issues at all in the air inside the house even if deep basements, also not in the water that comes from own well 30 meter deep.

So I was reading about it more. I accidetially come across some great info reading a book about radiation from the government, I got it from the library. It says, radon has been a issue only in modern times..........
    Here it comes why;
    It became an issue when people wanted to save energy and have it warm inside They made their houses so airtight, the windows, walls.. everything the radon coming from the basement / earth had no way to escape and collected into the air inside the house. Only then radon became a issue. Even if you have big amounts radon in the ground, and you have a basement, as long as your house is not airtight the radon will escape all the time and it will not accumulate and be an issue for our health. My parents house that my dad built himself has full of "not airtight places" as it is still not finished..lol I also keep the windows open a lot, in the bedroom all night long and also otherwise I keep doors and windows open as much as I can.

I wanted to share this if someone is concerned about radon, do not be! Just air out your house often and there will be zero issues. This made me recognize one more thing we have made dangerous with our aims for comfort in modern times.... that was not dangerous to begin with, if we did not do all those unnatural stuff living in airtight overheated houses etc.

2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

That is so good to know! When we moved over the summer they did a radon test on the house and while it was in normal range it seemed at the high end to me. I am now grateful for my crappy old windows that let all kinds of air in!
    :)

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes cantweight, let the air in! :)
    To have the windows and doors open as much as it gets has lots of benefits.... not only zeroing the radon issue :)

This house probably have mold contamination too, but airing often helps this issue also! I keep lots of green plants in my rooms too. Very good for cleaning the air for toxins.

4. lioness7

lioness7 Gold

Yes Inger , you are so right in my opinion. We live in an older home that has quite a few "leaks". This never bothered me as I always felt that the slight extra cost of heating was well worth the advantage of having fresh air coming in all the time. Even during our coldest Canadian days, I always slept with the windows open and never worried about drafts. Unfortunately, most of the homes built today in North America are "shrink wrapped", requiring added fresh air heat recovery systems which are very costly. I always tell everyone, shut off your lights and open up your windows/doors instead.