1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

RA optics

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by ChrisnJr, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ChrisnJr

ChrisnJr Silver

so I recently purchased new blue blockers from RA optics. Not only did they take 5 weeks to ship but I was very surprised to see that the lenses were orange when I opened the case, not red. I emailed customer service and I was
    Told that the new night time
    Blue blockers are orange and the daytime blue blockers are nearly colorless. I’m very confused because I’m almost certain I’ve heard Dr Kruse recommend this brand but I’ve also heard him say that clear colorless lenses don’t do the job during the day and you need red at night. Should I be looking elsewhere ???

2. Dani

Dani New Member

ChrisnJr - Founder and CEO Matt Maruca recently revamped the lenses, changing the tint. This hasn't affected their efficacy though. I purchased a pair of the Ultimate Day Lenses last year and I found that the contrast between my work computer monitor and the yellow of the lenses was too jarring. I wasn't able to wear them at work. I now have a pair of the new Day Lenses and I wear them at work every day without fail.

Matt is very tuned into blocking the right frequencies of light with his lenses. You have nothing to worry about. However, to put your mind at ease, you can purchase a spectrometer and test the lenses yourself.

Karen & Glen C. likes this.
  3. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Would be great if someone who already owns a spectrometer could test theirs and other brands glasses in a video so we don't all have to buy a spectrometer. If I owned any blue blocking glass company I'd do it myself for marketing proof.

Emma C and Lahelada like this.
  4. Dani

Dani New Member

Saichi - Matt did this in Playa at New Year's though I'm not sure if he posted the video. You should ask him.

Jim Laird likes this.