1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Quick Start Guide just for MDs?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Lyndra, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I just visited the PCP Souldanzer is using and he is very interested in learning more about what Dr. Kruse is advocating. He seems to be one of the very few doctors who is not intimidated by the notion that there are things he doesn't know and he shows great curiosity about new ideas and learning more. There is only so much info I as a patient can communicate to him in an office visit, so he needs to go online to read for himself. He has visited the website and took a gander at the quilt but is a bit lost as to where to begin.

I know there is a getting started guide for laypeople, but I think it would be helpful to have something tailored to MDs and other medical professionals to help them ramp up. I would love to have him read all the blogs from the beginning, as the blogs build upon one another in a good sequence. Realistically, though, I think few MDs are going to invest the time in doing it that way, especially if their only knowledge of Dr. K is from a patient's endorsement.

I'm sure Dr. K is considering how best to develop his partnership with PCPs and perhaps a getting started guide would fit in with that.

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

He did really visit the website??? That is SO COOL!!! I encouraged him to on Thursday.... I said to approach it with a really open mind..... and to not try to get too much too fast. That he didn't need to buy into it all right away.

I'm so happy he actually did and had a positive reaction to it. I've been working on this for a while.....dropping just a little more info every time I was in to see him.... I wasn't sure he was going to check it out really as busy as he is. I can't get over he actually DID :cool::D

You Lyndra, I think we as patients can help guide him a bit..... just by talking about our complaints and how we'd like to address them. We have read it all.... we can point him to the most important things and educate when we are in to see him.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

That rocks!!!!

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

been working on this since January.... little by little.... :) gotta watch my mouth on here now b/c someone might be listening :D

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

My PCP has told me she checks out the forums as well as the blog I think she lurks :). I do know there are several of us here on the forum that have her as a PCP.

6. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Yeah, I think that is quite impressive. You saw him Thurs, we were there Friday AM and he had browsed around enough to see the blog, forum, and quilt. As you noted, he was taking profuse notes throughout the visit.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I asked Misty about this.......I think we are going to do it. I also am thinking about making them an ask jack site for them that does not show answers just questions they ask. I have not decided yet. If MD's are lurking PM me for things you'd like to see here or in future.

8. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Yay! I was thinking of a private forum only for MDs and you to converse (as if you need yet another forum to monitor!). Seeing questions without answers might drive some of us a little bit (a lot more?) batty.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

:)...........

10. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

I think that would be awesome! I have a hard time getting through everything on the site-so a busy Physician with a full practice--enough said. I don't post as much as I'd like because it's long after the fact or i feel there might already be something on the site I haven't made it to. Ask Jack is always my first stop--I'm guessing many other people's first stop as well. To have one for Physicians and a getting started page is brilliant.

I'm sitting here giggling...when I saw my PCP Tues. to go over what I learned in my consult #2, every so often during the visit she would ask, what did Dr. Kruse suggest? I like to present the issue and see what she suggests..she is right on with Dr. K on all my issues...leaky gut...metformin...cytomel...lab testing...she loved the morning cortisol solution...sun, sex, BAB!! what she's not familiar with she finds out and is not afraid to say she doesn't know...she's loving learning with me. I can't hug her enough.

I really felt like I won the wellness lottery when I found Dr. K and those of us that have a PCP who's on board...we are VERY fortunate!!

I work in a medical bldg. and I'm nominating my PCP for Physician of the month...#1 reason on the nomination form--she encourages me to actively participate in my own wellness. she even knew something about CT.

Thank you again Dr. K for all you do for us!!!!

11. Paradox

Paradox Silver

CarolM

I'm in the Palm Springs area too and have just given my PC doc a copy of The Quilt and she was very interested.. Will be seeing her in another week. Will be interesting to see how she reacts to it then. So far she has gone along with all the labs I have requested and has reluctantly given me additional progesterone and T3 . She is curious so I'm hoping she reads this website!