1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Questions

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Assadi, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Assadi

Assadi New Member

Hey i have a few questions would appreciate an answer thx

1-Is it ok to be in front of blue light computer mostly as long as you have blue blocking glasses and there are a lot of people who are in front of blue light but still seem healthy

2-Is keto ok for teens and isn t it bad if you train instensly for the adrenals

3-How can i skyrocket energy levels other things then water , sleep and micronutrient

4- what are the top 5 supllements and are hot bath bad

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[qu ote="Assadi, post: 210308, member: 19909"]Hey i have a few questions would appreciate an answer thx

1-Is it ok to be in front of blue light computer mostly as long as you have blue blocking glasses and there are a lot of people who are in front of blue light but still seem healthy
    Every human is unique. Some are strong other are weak. Some are tall other are short.
    Think of situation, when being outside, when would you see the blue light and when not.
    Answer, ---->when you can see daylight additional light from computer or cellphone screen is of lesser concern.
    So, your major problem (mismatch) with light is from the screen is when sun is out.
    Other considerations are less than major.
    Major action of blue light is to tell your pineal gland if there is a day or night.
    At night pineal gland is allowed to make melatonin.
    Melatonin stops adrenals from making cortisol.

2-Is keto ok for teens and isn t it bad if you train instensly for the adrenals

3-How can i skyrocket energy levels other things then water , sleep and micronutrient
    Support your mitochondria.
    What you call micronutrient support is likely different than what I call it.
    I do testing every 6 months to figure out my status and then adjust my diet and list of supplements.
    Following tests:
    At LabCorp:
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    Homocysteine, Plasma

At Spectracell
    https://www.spectracell.com/patients/get-tested/
    https://www.spectracell.com/patients/products/
    Micronutrient Test (MNT)
    $ 390.00

I also use selenium and Lugols.

4- what are the top 5 supllements and are hot bath bad

See above, do test, figure out your individual needs.
    each person is separate individual with different needs.

[/quote]

3. Assadi

Assadi New Member

thx for the reply i thought blue light was bad at all times of the day it s good to know that it s not the case .

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you try to thin slice,
    every technology have some drawbacks.
    I was talking about major problems.

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Assadi, no blue light of artificial origin can be considered good at any time of day. Jan SZ was essentially saying that light blue light mitigated by natural light streaming in through an open window may take longer to show damage . A lot of variables come into play. Some people react quickly others take longer . You will need to do a good deal of reading before you can properly evaluate your situation. Same goes for your question about energy. Light ,water magnetism is what we discuss here. No such thing as five top supplements. Hot bath depends on context. Intensive training under blue light is a NO for anyone. Training outside is better but still not recommended for everyone. Read the Epi Paleo RX for a starting point.
    Make your questions more case specific ,explaining who you are asking for and why . Otherwise any answer will be misleading.

caroline and Alex97232 like this.
  6. Assadi

Assadi New Member

ok thx but is keto safe for teens for growth or is it bad

7. Assadi

Assadi New Member

Hey i was wearing blue light blocking glasses during the day and i felt super tierd is it beacuse my body started producing melatonin during the day or is it something else

Alex97232 and JanSz like this.
  8. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

@Jack Kruse What's your take on these new TrueDark glasses that Asprey is promoting and the claims behind them? Should we expect to see additional benefits on sleep compared to a cheap pair of Uvex?

https://biohacked.com/product/truedarktwilight/

Only TrueDark™ Twilight has the patent pending process that filters out the wavelengths that stimulate melanopsin sensors — maximizing your sleep quality, performance, and health.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

One of my good friends is a member of Aprey's bio-hacking box group and he got them in a box and wore the glasses for a few weeks and noticed they were not as good as his cheap UVEX glasses he was using post sunset. He was going to take them to lab for testing but we have not spoken about it in 4 weeks. So I have no opinion at this time.

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I glanced at the website, but didn't see what frequencies of light were blocked. But then we all know that any light is bad at night, on the eyes or elsewhere, and nothing eliminates the flicker of the alternating current.

drezy likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy New Member

I'm with you. No spec sheet no purchase for me.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Since they are making health claims they will have to deal with the FDA soon.

As the sun sets, blue visible light is preferentially scattered (removed) from sunlight, leaving an emission appearing orange-red [600 - 700 nm]. At night, there is darkness with limited visible light emitted from the stars, with the exception of when there is a full moon. During the full moon, there is five times the amount of visible light emitted from the sky, and significant light emitted in the blue visible range (Ugolini, 2007).

Humans evolved being exposed to different spectra of light in the morning, the late afternoon and evening. So it should not be surprising that human physiology is profoundly affected by the daily and seasonal changes in the visible light spectrum. Exposure to the appropriate spectrum of light during the day and evening enhances human health and well being, immune response and productivity (Roberts, 2000; Vetch et al., 2004; Cutolo M et al., 2005; Heschong and Roberts, 2009). However, exposure to light sources that do not match the natural solar spectrum to the time of day or evening, is hazardous to human health (Wilson, 1972; Stevens et al., 2007; Rea et al., 2008; Erren and Reiter, 2008; Arendt, 2010). The reason visible light has such a powerful effect on human health is that light exposure through the eye modifies circadian rhythm (Gaddy et al., 1993; Roberts, 1995; Czeisler et al., 1995).

Danco3636 and Alex97232 like this.
  13. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Yes that could be. During the day you need full spectrum sunlight, which includes blue light.