1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Questions about nighttime light hygiene

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by AudreyW, Feb 7, 2019.

1. AudreyW

AudreyW New Member

I really love to read in bed but often fall asleep while reading so I"m worried about the safety of using candles at night in the bedroom.. my Kindle has a blue light blocking feature on it . does anyone know if that is effective?

Is candle light the best for night time lighting before bed or are red or amber light bulbs just as good?

Thanks everyone!

Alex V likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No light past sunset.

3. AudreyW

AudreyW New Member

Unfortunately I live with someone else who will not be ok with that... they will be ok with candles or red or amber light bulbs though so which is best?

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Simple solution. Stop living with them.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

See Audrey if you are not good enough for yourself.......who are you good for? If you keep settling you'll keep making adjustments and breaking natures laws and it drives your heteroplasmy rate higher as you make up excuses to suit your circumstances and those circumstances then breed procrastination to take control of your life by making CHOICES FOR YOU.

You are the CEO of you. If people are not in alignment with you and your choices you have a duty to change that.

caroline likes this.
  6. AudreyW

AudreyW New Member

I could consider that but wow, really everyone who does this lifestyle goes to bed at 6pm or earlier every night in the winter? Or if not, what do you till bedtime?

7. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Real fire has been used by man for thousands upon thousands of years.

It is sunset in the UK at 5PM, I can not sit in the dark for hours. I use lowbluelight bulbs, and soon I will use red panel. Candlelight would be OK too if you can get toxic free candles.

8. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Is it critical to block up to 550nm even when using candles? When using candles I use my uvex rather than my RaOptics. The UVEX block up to 500nm. Get much better visual with the UVEX when using candles

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

There is an upside for me. The darker it is in the room the more I look like a celebrity. In fact, in a pitch black room I might as well be Brad Pitt.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have grown to love the dark .......we do go to bed early - around 8:30 - and listen to music or just talk [lots of cuddles etc. which are super important to both of us]

we generally wake up around 5:00am and head to the ocean for sunrise.......tough job but someone has to do it!

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

watch the sunset, go for a walk, make love...........

Simon Wright likes this.
  12. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

@drezy you’re already a mirror image of Brad Pitt. You got no worries getting there. Hope you take that as a compliment!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL

So my real answer to the question is that we sure listen to audiobook way more often now. The last hour or so before bed we just listen to them.

caroline and Sajid Mahmood like this.