1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Question re: LR and IF

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by esam5, Mar 19, 2012.

1. esam5

esam5 New Member

I am 3 weeks into the reset. I was reading over at another forum where Dr. K is also active where IF is not reccomended until leptin sensitivity is reset as it can cause harm. here is my situation, then my question is at the end......

my meals are 7am, 1pm and 7pm ( I usually go to bed around 10:30 or so....)

I eat a BAB, about 50gms protein, low carbs, and generous fat for satiety ( want to increase my protein to lose weight)

I do not snack, it has on occassion been a challenge, but I truly have been faithful.

my other meals are generally very low carb as carbs trigger cravings. I eat predominately meat, eggs, more meat!! I do have butter, mayo, CO, and some cream in my morning coffee. I keep protein shakes to a minimum, and I'm working to eliminate cheese. ( as it isn't paleo)

I'm trying to keep my water intake up and I try not to have anything processed ( triggers)

my goal is to lose about 80lbs ...I'm 5'9" and am 248.

Sometimes, after lunch, my stomach is upset and at dinner time I'm not hungry, so I won't eat. last night was a good example, I didn't feel true hunger until around 10pm then it was too late, so I went to bed without eating. Lunch was around 2pm. I'm not really fasting on purpose, but should I have eaten something small around 7pm? or is it ok to skip if I wasn't hungry? I'd say in the last 3 weeks, I've only skipped a meal three times. it is usually dinner, or lunch. Never breakfast.

I'm really committed to this program, I'm very strict with my eating schedule and with 5 kids in the house, I'm doing really well to giving up snacking!!!!!

2. Owl

Owl New Member

Intermittent fasting. Skipping meals.

3. Owl

Owl New Member

The question is, why is your stomach upset after lunch? Are you eating too large of a meal?

It's ok to eat just breakfast and lunch. Or just breakfast and dinner. The goal is to eventually eat two meals per day, and breakfast and late lunch is fine. Some people go to two meals right away, some take longer.

Dr. K doesn't want you to IF if you're hungry. But if you're not, go ahead and skip a meal.

If you get into the habit of being hungry late at night, go ahead and eat a small snack for dinner. You don't want to go to bed hungry every night.

I usually eat only breakfast and a late lunch. But if I feel like I didn't eat enough for lunch, I'll have just a few bites of meat for dinner to keep from getting hungry later.

4. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

It's OK to skip dinner if you are not hungry. And it's OK to eliminate snacking for the children too. Snacking sets up lifelong behaviors and takes the emphasis off eating a good meal.

5. esam5

esam5 New Member

that may be it, but I had my gall bladder removed last year and sometimes I get those acid-y burps and such. I get heartburn still and sometimes get nauseaus. Even right before I get "hungry" I feel a bit nauseus. I don't know what exactly is going on. it goes away, but is uncomfortable.

I will try to cut back on portion size, and I am cutting out dairy as well,. I really want to get to just eating 2 meals a day, it would make me happy.

my hunger will go away, it doesn't keep gnawing at me.... I do notice when I don't have enough protein at breakfast I get more hungry during the day. thats why I like my BAB to set the pace......

6. ealachan

ealachan New Member

For what it's worth, I had my gallbladder out in November of 2008 and it took the best part of two years for my system to find its "new normal" in terms of digestion. Doctors seem to like to tell people "Oh, you don't need a gallbladder", but that's not actually true. It has a very specific function and your body DOES need it. When you have it taken out, your body has to adapt to NOT having it, which can take quite a while, depending on a lot of factors.

7. Owl

Owl New Member

I'm not an expert on this, but have you tried Betaine HCL? I know a lot of people here find heartburn/GERD much better when using HCL. Reflux is usually caused by too little stomach acid.

8. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

or if you don`t have a gallbladder I believe purified oxbile is recommended as well

9. esam5

esam5 New Member

thanks for the suggestions,

I have not tried either of those. I will take a prilosec once in awhile. I have found that I tend to get reflux several hours after I eat. and I may be having a bit too big of a meal, but certainly no larger than I would have eaten prior to this WOE.

yesterdays late lunch was about a 7-8oz steak, grilled, and 3 small romaine leaves chopped, and a 2inch piece of cucumber cut up, some italian dressing and SF jello cup. Considering that I had only 2 meals yesterday, that seemed fine for me, but about 3-4 hours after I ate I was burping up my salad. (yeah, I know, GROSS) sorry. :)

good to know that it will take awhile to get to my new normal.

I was very surprised that they removed my gall bladder, I had only the one attack, but it was a doosey, was in the ER, then admitted me and my test results even 24hours later were pretty high, it was very inflamed. (ice cream was the last thing I ate before the attack, I have no desire to eat it ever again!!!)

I assume these are both supplements I can get at my local healthfood store???