1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

question for those who No-Poo or do limited -Poo

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Shijin13, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

It takes a couple of weeks to fully get off the Poo & silicone.... my ends still knot up when I wash it... but its getting better...

2. diane

diane Gold

Are you off poo totally?

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I use the miessence lemon myrtle Shampoo on days we go to the pool other than that nothing...

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

that is an aussie poo?

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yes aussie poo

since using it I've discovered if I let my hair air dry I have a slight wave to my hair...

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

your hair didn't have a wave before?
    does it help to give your hair more body?

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

No... my hair is/was stick straight unless I take a blow dryer to it, and a ceramic curling iron... and it only stays for about 30mins!

but w/the miessence - shampoo, conditioner, rinse and spray its got body - when I wear it down... of recent I've been wearing it up in a bun (more professional looking) so I can get away w/ no-pooing only on Sundays... awesome! love it!

8. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I'm completely off poo now. Every 5 to 7 days I wash with hot water, then 2 tbsp of baking soda dissolved in 4 oz hot water, rub gently but thoroughly, then finish with a white vinegar rinse (2 tbsp white vinegar in 8 oz hot water). I don't rinse the vinegar out. If my hair starts to look limp before "wash day", I rinse with hot water in the shower, then follow with a vinegar rinse. My hair looks great! More body, a little wave that I never had before and no tangles. It took about a month of "no-poo" to arrive at this point. I'm happy with it.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

After swimming in the ocean - I haven't rinsed the seawater out - seems like it should be a good idea?

When you rinse with vinegar - can you smell it? I guess I better go back and re read this thread - like there isn't enough to read around here.....

10. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Only when your hair is wet. Later on, no.

11. diane

diane Gold

Hmmm. I'm doing 1 tbsp of baking soda in 1c. water. Maybe it's too little? Then 1 tbsp. ACV in 1 c. water. But I do rinse it out. Perhaps some experimentation is due.

My hair doesn't smell bad either as it usually does if I don't wash it. And no vinegar smell either!

12. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I've recently changed to using just bicarb to "wash" my hair. It certainly leaves my hands feeling soft. I can't air dry because of the way it's cut, it just looks raggy. I have also today not used conditioner, result, blow dryed hair is full of static, I used a dab of hair oil to control it it was so bad. I'll try the vinegar next :)

13. LBK

LBK Gold

I am considering letting the gray grow out as well. I'm almost 52 and started going gray about mid 30's. I'm not even sure if I'm all gray, never wanted to find out. My cosmetologist daughter said gray is "in" and younger women are actually coloring their hair gray. She recommended I just get highlights while I'm growing it out. Might as well give it a try!

14. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Care with some of the treatments out there with apple cider vinegar and baking soda on the scalp...could also cause more hair to fallout more. I always think from the big picture here. Do we wash the hair on the rest of the body like we do our scalps? Why? Why not? Granted, most shampoos are very harsh.

From my reading, the hair also has a 6-week cycle when the hair begins to fall out more at times, and less other times. Thyroid may also play into it, including getting enough selenium (like Brazil nuts), Magnesium (like dark chocolate) and iodine (eat your seafood!). ;)

15. Butters

Butters New Member

Question is, do we really need to wash our hair with anything?

I try out showering without any stuff. My body is not falling apart. I have sculf now but maybe thats only because my head wants to get rid of the stuff Ive used for 20 years.

16. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

I have used only water for a few years now. I am still waiting for the apocalypse on my human body.