1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

question for those who No-Poo or do limited -Poo

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Shijin13, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

My two cents: not too much fragrance (so hubs will use) and no wheat. It's surprising/frustrating how many shampoos have gluten in them...

2. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Ingredients look pretty mild:

Deionized water, decyl glucoside (sugar beets), African butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), aloe vera leaf juice, argan oil, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), rosemary extract, sea kelp extract, vitamin E, lonicera caprifolium flower extract (honeysuckle), lonicera japonica flower extract (Japanese honeysuckle)

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm going to keep this as a back up!

4. I use argan oil for my conditioner. Unfortunately, I just looked at the ingredients and it has some silicone ingredients. This may be a good addition to the shampoo as an oil. I wish I could find it 100% pure....need to look for that!

5. Endless

Endless Guest

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So I'm on week 2 of the seat ripping process using the meiessence shampoo/rinse/conditioner. I noticed earlier this week w/wet hair I had a little wave. So this am I took a shower & just used the rinse & conditioner. I toweled off my hair ran. Comb through it and yes tiger was a little wave. I scrunched it & let my hair dry naturally And yes there's a little wave There's less now that I brushed my hair. Win for no poo

7. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Shijin I have two small bottles of the Wen and they're yours for the cost of shipping them if you want them. I hate it ... my hair feels no cleaner than when I used it. It came in my "test tube" subscription from qvc.

Sorry ladies but I shampoo every other day. I used to do it daily because my hair is fine and my scalp used to be oily. If I don't wash it it gets oily and stringy and just plain butt ugly.

If you're worried about chemical components go find some castille soap and wash with that. I found one here.

Breck shampoo used to be pure castille soap. No additives of any kind until the company got swallowed up by some chemical conglomerate.

8. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

9. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I am a no poo kind of girl until the massage therapist gets the oil in my hair. When I am under the shower I spend more time on massaging my scalp with my fingertips than working through my hair. I am post menopausal with jaw length hair and shower almost every day and getting my hair wet at the same time. It seems to work for me. I just thought it weird, for me, to take all the oil out of my hair and then put it back in with artificial moisturizing ingredients.

I get a lot of compliments on the color of my hair (brown with silver gray streaks). I have given up the artificial coloring over a year ago. That was hard to do emotionally. I needed a major attitude adjustment about being pro aging, pro gray.

LBK likes this.
  10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I actually put Cavemam's moisturizer in my hair 1x/week to deep condition my hair btwn that and the meiessence hair products its starting to change I have body in my super fine hair!!! I'm hoping to get to the point that I won't need the shampoo at all just the rinse & conditioner.

I am working on letting go the coloring. I know it's not good for you but my hair is tge one thing I'm vain about. Ppl look at me and thing early-mid 30's. not 39! Though I'm sure the grey might give a level of distinction. I'm just not there yet!!

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Thanks Darleen. After using the meissesence ill never go back to wen!

12. Entelechy

Entelechy New Member

I've always found "winter highlights" very alluring. Maybe my interest in the X-Men as a teen developed it. :)

[​IMG]

13. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

It's been difficult for me to let go as well. I've had a lot of people tell me I look like I'm in my mid-40's not my mid-60's -- ah vanity.

Last year I went long enough that the loss of color was really predominant. However I have to say here that being (originally) a strawberry blonde has it's advantages. Your hair doesn't really turn gray (according to my stylist) ... it loses color. So mine began showing that strawberry highlight again as it began to lighten.

I caved and colored a few months ago but it's mostly gone now and I am getting compliments galore on my hair (again). I don't get it probably because I'm so used to the (fake) golden blonde color. I had bought another box of whatever it is I used last time but it's been sitting in the linen closet for a couple of months now. I'm not sure I'm going to use it. But it's there if I want it. Guess it's my security blanket.

14. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Darn. I was hoping to get rid of them, LOL.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Many Kathylu will take it off your hands!!

16. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

When the graying process is finished, it will most likely look like that color. :)

17. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I have a couple of boxes around. Very light blonde. When I did do my hair people thought it was professional because the silver streaks looked so awesome blended in with the blonde.

I resisted being anti aging which i thought meant pro youth. But pro aging is about being the wise and also healthy elder to me now. And frankly, I thought why did I care anymore if men in their 20s didn't find me attractive. The color was more about my vanity and being uncomfortable about getting older. (I'm 55) It took me a harsh year to be comfortable with it. My family does NOT like it.

It was all about changing internal paradigms that were/are deeply entrenched about the youngs and the olds and how I value myself. Back to vanity. Letting my hair grow longer into a new style helped to make the transition more happier. But, growing out hair is a bitch. It made me feel even uglier for awhile. The thinning hair was not helpful either. sigh.

Right now I am adopting a "I am 55 and f**k you attitude," to the world and this horrible culture we live in.

More orgasms please.

18. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

This is what I hope for.

19. angieonthegogo

angieonthegogo New Member

So looks like I need to rid myself of my Cucumber Aloe WEN. Gonna try the BS/ACV again. Dried my hair out last time but maybe I had it too concentrated.

Can't wait to hear the results of Kathylus experiments. No-Poo 'Poo! [​IMG]

20. diane

diane Gold

Reviving this thread - so much great info!

I've been trying the no-poo route. It's now been over a week, and on Sunday I started the baking soda/ACV routine. This is a real test for me, because, well, not to be vain, but I have good hair. The stylists love it because it will hold curl, wave or straight. And it's thick.

The good news is my hair isn't greasy.But it's big. Like volume big. And the ends are a bit dry I think. Am hoping I can find a solution for some sort of CO conditioner? I'm going to ride this out another week to see if it becomes soft like everyone says. It's also much straighter right now - the natural wave and curl isn't coming out quite yet. And I do have quite a bit of it. I think my hair is craving the silicone - it doesn't quite know what to do without it. LOL. Kinda like coming off carbs. :)