1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Question about PHI and online journaling about health metrics and personal stories

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Denise0918, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

I purchased the gold membership I have not posted a optimal journal because I would like to know if all these threads are available for public view. It appears that they are. There is a lot of PHI ( Personal Health Information ) that I would be posting to the public and personal experiences around my personal wellness journey that I am not really comfortable sharing with the public internet at large. Can any speak to this? Is there a way to make the journal private and to require approval from me to view it? I work in wellness and as a coach I am sensitive to this. When a potential employer does a search would these posts come up and perhaps sway a hiring decision?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That is your personal choice.

drezy likes this.
  3. Annemarie Heise

Annemarie Heise Gold Member

I too thought that gold membership was a private forum.. I was mistaken.

4. Is your account linked to your name? Mine isn't -- they would have to know my username in order to find me here.

Annemarie Heise and Denise0918 like this.
  5. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

I did think of using a pen name in here. I might change it but then I hate not being authentic.

6. There are thousands of Denices in the world, it would still be awfully hard to see you out -- at least for an average person as far as I know.

PS. Looking at your profile to see what info you have on there I noticed we are birthday twins. :)

Denise0918 likes this.
  7. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

Happy Birthday!!!
    ( next week!)
    [​IMG]

Dr. Deb and countingstarsx like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is private.

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  9. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

You can also edit the privacy preferences if you click on your username at the top of the screen. Might help some.

Annemarie Heise and Denise0918 like this.
  10. To you as well!

Denise0918 likes this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I struggled with this to no end, but the grip is loosening. I’m certain some of my health issues root from inauthenticity and irrational fear of judgement. I do get the future employment thing however, and it’s a tough one. It’s coming down to whether I’d even consider being employed by someone who would judge me for revealing less than flattering details about health status. I’ll be rising, Phoenix-like, above that murky past anyway. One way or another.

I lurked for quite awhile and was always impressed by those with the nerve to let it all hang out. Learned the most from them as well.

The Gold FACEBOOK group is private to the extent that only other Gold members can access that group. But it’s still FB and I’ve chosen to keep a wide berth with that platform in general.

You can initiate private Conversations on the forum with one or more members and I’ve found it helpful on occasion. I try not to rely on that though—revealing our struggles surely helps others, and I know I need to do more of that for a meaningful life. You can always go back and edit or delete posts if absolutely necessary.

I have a highly unusual name so went with a pseudonym for now. I agree that yours is common enough for it to not be an issue. The other thing is I don’t think you can actually change your account name—would have to create an entirely new account.

I like what you’ve shared so far and hope you keep it up! :thumbsup:

Denise0918 and drezy like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

I just judged you for that. What are you going to do? The millisecond that I judged you did your internal organs change somehow?

I've purposely let this posting sit unposted for an arbitrary amount of time so you'll have to think about when in the day you farted or something if you think judgement is the actual issue versus your perception of being judged.

KrusinWitchie and Billybats like this.
  13. Billybats

Billybats New Member

On a funnier note..lolhahaaaaa. Farting -- me and my man call it brimming. So I am lately been the brimming Queen:p

KrusinWitchie and Denise0918 like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

brimming can tell others about status of your digestion or food you ate.

Mercaptan is also known as methanethiol and is a harmless but pungent-smelling gas which has been described as having the stench of rotting cabbages or smelly socks. It is often added to natural gas, which is colourless and odourless, to make it easier to detect.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

LOLHAHAAAA ..thank God for the most part they aren't deadly. .lol. just noisy.

16. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

I can see when not logged in all posts from gold members and their journals on the forum.

17. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

I am pretty boring as far as intricate health challenges. I work in corporate wellness so I see how the corporations do things. It’s interesring. I’m grateful for my job and being able to share with people what I’m learning here. I’m also tweaking my body with changing the light environment I’m in and see wonderful positive results. My greatest cross I’ve had to bear was loosing my mother to AD 11 years ago. It lit a fire in me to find out more and do everything in my power to protect my children from the suffering my mom and I and my Dad and brother experienced from that nightmare of a disease. That is why I do the job I do. To do everything in my power to inform people to the best of my ability on how to protect themselves and be their own wellness coach.

KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  18. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

Projection makes perception.

drezy likes this.