1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Question about grounding while camping

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Evan Transue, May 6, 2020.

1. Evan Transue

Evan Transue New Member

Hi,

I am brand new here and fully recognize I have a lot to learn. I did my best to search for the answer to the question I'm about to ask, and while it seems to have been discussed before, it was done in separate threads. That is, I haven't found something that has combined both ideas together.

My question is, if I"m camping in a tent on a family member's property and use a grounding/earthing sleep mat, is this a smart thing to do? My family lives in relatively far-out suburbs. Not "off the grid" by any means, but the houses are very spread out, and their house is surrounded by acres of land. My only concern is that since their driveway is so far off the road, they get their electricity from wiring underground, and there is a transformer in their yard. Realistically, the best I could do camping wise is be approximately 600-1000 ft away from these things.

Thank you in advance for those that take the time to answer this. I have seen a lot of back and forth information about earthing, and I am studying everyday. Still, it'll be some time before I fully grasp these subjects, and if someone in this forum can point me in the right direction, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Additional background for those who care:

I am doing a two month experiment this summer where I will be camping outside every single day (only exception will be storms that involve lightning). I am running some labwork before and after the experiment.

Rules of the experiment:

1) Must be outside 12 hours a day including sleep. Will do this more if I can, and often, I probably will be able to do so. I cannot say I will not have any work to do on the computer at times, but at least I will be doing that while also being in nature.

2) Naturally, I'll be catching every sunrise and sunset.

3) Absolutely no phone (even on red light mode/with blue-light glasses) prior to seeing the full sun rise.

4)*** I'd LIKE to make it a rule to be earthing/grounding as much as possible. But I don't want to do that if it's a stupid thing to do.