1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Question about cholesterol for my mom

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by QiGuy1997, Nov 20, 2013.

1. QiGuy1997

QiGuy1997 New Member

My mom has recently got some blood tests done just to check-up and the tests turned up high cholesterol at 265 mg/dl . Her triglycerides showed 121 mg/dl, her HDL was 75, her non-HDL was 190 (including 166 from LDL and 24 from VLDL). I was thinking these high levels may be caused by low thyroid however her TSH was normal at 2.00 so that is probably not it. Any ideas on what could be causing this/ tips on what to do?

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Nice HDL. I would be a bit concerned about the triglycerides though. Perhaps reduce carbs a bit?

3. QiGuy1997

QiGuy1997 New Member

I've already thrown away all vegetables oils in the house and she's cut down her carbs. I'm working on complete elimination of wheat and what not. Hopefully when she gets retested the trigs/LDL will be down a bit.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I would be very surprised if her trigs are not down for the next test then. You should be prepared, however, for an LDL level that doesn't change much, or even goes up, QiGuy. LDL, if it is not oxidized/damaged, is actually good. The damage to LDL is caused by carbs and artificial fats like that vegetable oil. Do some research on the various types of LDL. Only small, dense LDL is bad.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Get her drinking more water too.....and on some reduced CoEnz Q10 to push the envelope