1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Quelsen AKA Jonathan D Goins - two e's no o's

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by quelsen, Mar 19, 2012.

1. tercay@yahoo.com

tercay@yahoo.com New Member

What an honor it is to have you share this with me. Congratulations!

2. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

that is an amazing transformation! what I really notice is that you don`t look anywhere near 334, seems like you have managed to maintain a large portion of your muscle mass

3. quelsen

quelsen New Member

i begin to wonder if any of it was muscle.

honestly i wish for the cash of a dave asprey just to get monthly DEXA scans. I have no clue what is going on inside here.

my legs are so squishy

and the kicker is Logic tells me i am smaller,

kinestetically i don't feel smaller

4. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

unfortunately the brain part of us takes longer to catch up with the physical often by months if not years however it does eventually catch up.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

your brain image will catch up with your body image soon enough......and DEXA scan are not good that often. A BIA is a better screening tool minus the xrays or the cost.

6. Melinda

Melinda New Member

I notice my fat changes to squishy in a stage just before it starts to disappear. It's an amazing change.

7. Your progress is simply astonishing, quelsen. Well done!

8. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Dude. Just...wow.

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Awesome Jon. You success is inspiring

10. tweety

tweety New Member

Amazing Quelson! I have followed your story from MDA and have always rooted for you. I am glad to see you back here, and man you are looking awesome!

11. JedEye

JedEye Gold

Count your blessing that you don't have the money for the radiation of monthly DEXA scans.

12. Sueville

Sueville New Member

Well Done Quelson!! What an amazing journey you are on and continue to trek!! Thanks for being such a great inspiration.

13. quelsen

quelsen New Member

back in the bad old days when i didnt know **** i had a goal weight of 175 ( the same weight i was at 13 ) then i had a BODPOD reading that showed my lean mass as 240 and my fat mass at 250 and i was pissed that it mean that with 10% BF my goal weight was 264.. That was before I had a working solution....

Goal weights are great ideas... and for the normal fatty :) probably worth setting.

For the truly planetary body the desire to drop one more pound today is about all that can be held sanely.

Too much changes. too much that the normal plumper has no clue about. I used to live on the HCG forum, and no offense to those(mostly) chickas, listening to them complain about the 15 pounds they wanted removed before summer became rather annoying. it is very easy to place diet and exercise on anyone who WANTS to drop 30 pounds or less. it is most likely an open cakehole that is the problem.

when you start weighing in metric tons the body works very differently.

I KNOW
    i can hold 30 pounds of water and have pissed out 12 pounds of water in an eight hour period stimulated by the highly derided ice baths.

I have seen my bone density increase due to vitamin K2 supplementation, imagine how much anger and confusion one can feel as the weight increases but the inches dont or even reduce... but the tooth enamel regrowing as well as deep bone aches and 25 year long toenail damage ( from ripping them out by the root while playing barefooted ) spontaneously regrows correctly.

Watching the body reshape in the mirror, literally watch as the hump in my neck melted off, along with the excruciating pain of it as the same time... Waking up to bone wrenching agony as what seems like a charlie horse of the soul grips your nutsack and radiates up and down the spine. then seeing a 3 -4 pound drop from the previous day....

I know i have no farking clue what my body CAN do. All i know is that I stay the course, eat right, keep my chemical balanced and YES use HCG as needed to get over humps.

Goal weight... we dont need no stinking goal weight... just the will and desire to drop one more pound one more time.

I have accepted however that 275 is mostly likely where i could settle. IF i reach that place and hold it for a year I will know that it is time to start exercising ( what hullo hold the phone did he say.....) I have performed no routine form of exercise since June 2010. What i know from trial and error is that is the quickest way to halt reduction for me and in some cases set me back about 3 months. i do pushups ( i can get out 5 or 10 depending on the day and my testosterone levels) and bounce on my rebounder sporadically. Walk when the mood strikes me. that is it, anything more and i pay in scale weight.

Not to worry, i am still Fezzik apparantly. After my 5th round of HCG their was a hot debate about HCG wasting muscle mass and i was pretty pissed at the stupidity i felt those comments represented, so i went to my local muscle hutt. I walked in off the street and said, " you got a weeks pass", of course they did... i looked around and said can you give me a spot? She really could not so i settled down onto a smith machine (bench) pushed out 5 reps of 350 and maxed out at 385. given that I had done no serious weight slinging in about 4 years at that point i felt it was about what i should expect since 425 was my max workout weight with 475 being my max capacity.

I cant help being the biggest and the strongest... i dont even exercise.

Long winded i know but i cant expect anyone to accept that i dont have a goal weight without understanding why i dont have a goal weight.

14. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

So love reading this, Jonathan! And LOVED your before and after pic!

15. LinD

LinD New Member

Wow. You're strength amazes me. And I don't necessarily mean physical, though that is pretty amazing, too.

16. LinD

LinD New Member

Also, thanks for the reminder about vitamin K.... I was getting a bit upset I'm over LIW, but maybe it's vitamin K related since I've been using it.... As a matter of fact, maybe since I started taking it earlier this year.. That and summertime. (plus no CT since we put the house on the market/sold it/moved/waiting for new home to be built)

I'm still fitting into the smaller size sooooo... All is well.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

LinD;46161 wrote: Wow. You're strength amazes me. And I don't necessarily mean physical, though that is pretty amazing, too.

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Wonderous progress, Jonathan! I would like to show your post to a co-worker of mine.

Love the Princess Bride quote!

19. quelsen

quelsen New Member

My ice maker is up to producing enough ice for once every other day. it is good to be cold.

today my scale number is 330.6 so close to 329 i am zeroing in.

btw my forearms look awesome

20. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Are you sensitive to the cold at all?

Congrats on the arms. Forearms are tough. That means your hands are very strong. I bet you can open a jar!