1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Quantum Clinician

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by kris90, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^that.

that is how a star fish who is a black swan thinks.
    SlamSlask likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Being a doc and have the credentials also carries risks on social media.

Trust me I know. I had competitors in the vegan and paleo communities try to get me arrested for a tweet in a Jimmy Moore cruise in 2012. IT turned out Jimmy Moore was involved in the set up when he said nothing about it after all the shit hit the fan.

I was invited to a conference where I was purposely put in the smallest room at the venue and then my talk was the only one where there was a video audio malfunction so that their members could not hear what I said at the conference because the person who invited me did not like what I had to say on stage or in an epic Q & A. They also did not like that I refused to show up to a VIP event that was selling people deuterium bombs.

I had my own gathering and we offered pork belly and Malbec both deuterium depleting options.

I've also faced this issue on my Dr. Jack Kruse FB page. FB lets anyone who has never even had a contact with you leave a review. It is a joke within the social media gaming system. Same thing is true on the rating sites for MD's. I have had my competitors pay people to leave negative reviews. when I contacted them I found they never had any real contact with me or any of my work. Suing them was not even considered because it was not worth the effort. The same thing was true on my Amazon reviews for my books. Two people contacted me that a prominent paleo blogger offered to pay them to leave me a poor review in 2013. They tried to extort me saying if I offered more they would not write the review. I declined and they wrote the 1 star reviews subsequently. I shared it with amazon and they DID NOTHING. This is when I decided to use that negative fuel in new ways I will lay out in my new writings. It is amazing the lengths people will go to try to silence you when you are disruptive to their businesses. A physician job is protect their herd. If you are trading dollars for junk science you have to face the music at times. People do not like people who speak their mind about things. https://www.statnews.com/2017/11/13..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter_organicI
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

How bad must people feel to do this (or are they just hungry for money?) ... :( Really sad.
    Sean Waters likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

I grew up very introverted single child people pleaser before some pain taught me I had to do a personality rewrite. It made me really good at observing people. I always see two extremely dangerous traits emerge in the human zoo I wander:
    1. These behaviors start with a belief system rooted in zero-sum game, the belief that for one person to prosper someone else must lose. Once it's settled into a person's psyche they start to become entropy personified or much worse.
    2. The belief then flows into "crabs-in-a-bucket" actions to prevent others from movement/success even if it imperils one's own success. It creates not even a pyrrhic victory but a pyrrhic failure across the board. Worse than natural entropy.

It's also called crab mentality explained perfectly here as all the crabs start to boil:
  5. shiran

shiran Curious

That's bad energy!
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

Yeah, and we've all had or have people like this in our life though.
  7. shiran

shiran Curious

That's exactly what makes us stronger
    Sean Waters likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

Makes me stronger after I hit the "eject" button on them. lol.

Having to tell a boss this once during a resignation was really really awkward but I'd never give it up for the world.
  9. Brent Patrick

Brent Patrick New Member

Agreed Sean!
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

THIS.

No matter how low or high the dopamine, some people are just pricks no matter what.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

If you are worried about the nutrition course not covering aspects you want to include, it might be worth having a look at some of the distance learning schools. I did that years ago, just checked before signing up that they could refer me for professional indemnity insurance, and I've never had a problem getting insured. For example "Stress management" covers lots ..... nutritional stress, nnemf stress, blue light stress, emotional stress ..... etc etc. I have never practiced exactly what a course taught, but I always learn something and it ticks the box to get insurance. Then as I've learned different things I've just added categories to my insurance. Colour therapy covers me for use with light devices. When I was practicing (before taking care of my mum), I would be completely upfront with clients that I wasn't going to give them the same information as a conventional dietitian or nutritionist, or even a complementary therapist would give. I've been doing courses and studying for 25 years (because I love doing it), I don't belong to any professional organisations, because they weren't having a say in what ongoing training I did to extend my skills or knowledge. They had nothing I wanted, it wasn't a legal requirement, and in my experience nobody cares if a therapist belongs to x,y or z organisation. I know about protected titles and their regulatory bodies, and I know what conditions I'm not legally allowed to treat.

I also know that there's a fine line between a therapist trying to market themselves, and inadvertently saying something that smacks of making unsubstantiated or risky claims. Emails count, and there are people who go on what I call fishing expeditions to try and catch a therapist out, or who will report a competitor for some imagined advertising infringement. But in my experience it isn't the clients, it's the competition and - the worst - those who are trying to discredit alternative medicine in the UK that I had to watch out for. One series of emails got pretty unpleasant, probably because I wouldn't bite, so it got more extreme in an attempt to get me to respond. I probably pay a bit more for insurance as an independent practitioner, but any association insurance discounts are probably covered by not paying association fees. ;) If I've been interested in something I would pay privately for instruction that doesn't come with a certificate at the end of it (for example complex homeopathy - and yes I've got professional indemnity insurance for it :D). I count my gold membership and learning here as continuing professional development. I'm at a crossroads as to whether to go back into practice after Mum's death, but my n=1 professional indemnity insurance list means the only parts of the blogs or webinars I would be cautious about with prospective clients is recommending nicotine or MB. That might be pushing my dowsing insurance a bit too far :rofl:
  13. kris90

kris90 New Member

So basically, best bet would probably be complete some sort of Health & Wellness Coaching program to get certification and insurance to be able to practice, and then customize your own practice.
    Lahelada and Sean Waters like this.
  14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

It might be better for someone to learn everything they can, experience the results, and then plan the practice they want to create. If someone is starting from scratch, choosing the health and wellness coaching programme first might limit how far they can "customise" their practice and stay within the boundaries of their insurance.

Until the training facility is up and running, (or if someone can't get there), I think gold membership is important if anyone plans to charge for the information they offer. If I had an insurance problem, I can prove that I've been paying gold membership subscription for nearly 3 years to obtain ongoing CPD. The webinars help with understanding, applying the principles, and the importance of context (vital if someone is being paid to give advice), and all non CW recommendations to potential clients that come from my membership are backed up by blogs, the cites, and usually at least one other source, say a study or a book by someone qualified in the field. I cover my arse professionally and insurance wise. That's where I've pointed most of my training time and training dollars in the last couple of years, putting first what matters most. My policy has been to put the financial resources into what I wanted to include in my practice (whether it leads to a certificate or not), and then if I need to I can choose a health and wellness programme to give me an insurance peg to put my professional coat on.:)
  15. shiran

shiran Curious

16. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

@Sue-UK

I've took note of quite a lot there, that was really helpful thanks.

Have you never bothered with Nutritional Therapy then? All colleges in UK are linked with BANT and most get you automatic registration upon graduation.

I think I need to do the NT anyway, it gives a good foundation of Biology, anatomy, nutrition and medicine/ client contraindications. I think following that I'm going to do some further training in Stress Management/ Colour Therapy further down the line.
  17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'd got the foundations from other courses, and the advanced nutrition course I did isn't offered now, (it was years ago), but I wasn't interested then and wouldn't be interested in it now being linked to any association. Any nutritional therapy course that doesn't address leptin resistance, the effects of light water and magnetism, the epigenetic signalling in the womb that can indicate a predisposition to obesity or diabetes (and I'm interested in the biometric measuring of it ......), female quantum biology and weight loss, effects of blue light and nnemf etc etc doesn't tempt me to update that course, whoever the new one is approved by or linked to. I can do that through self study and my gold membership. But if like you a BANT linked course was my first course and I was already part way through it, I'd probably carry on and complete it, but just like with the course I did, study the subject from a lot of different angles and opinions, and make my own mind up as to what parts I wanted to include in practice, even if that meant practicing and insuring as an independent when I qualified. :)
    seanb4, Sean Waters and Lahelada like this.
  18. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Totally agree, the course content isn't what is appealing me - I learn more elsewhere, especially here. It takes time to learn though, many years I think, I've only just finished the majority of the recommended books after 18 months. But I want to practice in the next few years, and i've already started, so I think it will be a decent qualification to get me going... Rome wasn't built in a day, in 10 years it won't amass to much of my knowledge hopefully, but for now it's the first proper step to qualification.