1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Quantlet Tech Questions

Discussion in 'The Quantlet' started by GFam, May 12, 2017.

1. GFam

GFam Gold

Hello,

A couple of questions for those who may know

1) Does the Quantlet work in tether mode. For example can I wear it plugged in for an hour pre-workout and that way the battery will be fresh to use during/post workout?

2) Active vs Passive Bluetooth. I understand that in passive mode once the protocol starts it turns off the bluetooth. Does the device keep the data and then upload it to the app once you reconnect or does it only collect and keep data for Active Bluetooth connections?

Thanks

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I would never do this......it is nuts.

3. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

You should be a pop-up on the screen that reminds you to turn off bluetooth on your phone; it won't do it automatically.

4. LeMonocledeMonOncle

LeMonocledeMonOncle New Member

I'm unfortunately joining the chorus of those for whom the Quantlet completely stopped working. It was working fine earlier, but now it no longer turns on at all despite my having charged it for over four hours. No obvious reason for the issue. The button does nothing. I've submitted a request for support via the Contact form (https://thequantlet.com/contact-us/), but have they been responsive to other people's inquiries about issues like this?

5. Joe Gavin

what type of charger are you using and are you charging in a wall socket? Needs to be a tablet-like charger:

6. Joe Gavin

7. LeMonocledeMonOncle

I'd been using the charger that was provided and plugging it into my computer USB port, which was working fine. I've also been using the LG USB-C wall charger provided with my Nexus 5X phone (looks like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-G5-Fast-Charge-USB-Type-C-USB-C-Wall-Charger/198063684). That was also working fine. Now, neither is working. The other thing I should say is that the Quantlet's battery was less than halfway depleted when I'd used it last (an hour before I'd tried turning it on again), so there's no reason it should have been unresponsive. In other words, I don't think this is a battery issue.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2017-5-17_13-37-18.png https://www.walmart.com

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Is there a way to get picture with visible voltage an amperage??

10. Joe Gavin

It's likely that when you used the computer usb it ended up short-charging the device and messing with the battery. try this: put quantlet in freezer overnight. let it come to room temp. plug into wall socket using a ipad/tablet type of charger and see what happens. that is faster than waiting on replacement.

Janz, the input amps ar 0.5A and the output 2.4amp from what i can read on it. its the apple ipad charger. has worked with no issues.

11. LeMonocledeMonOncle

Sure, here you go, but I'm pretty sure you're barking up the wrong tree here, because it's not likely to be a charging issue. As I said, it wasn't having any problems before, and even when it stopped working, the battery still should've been over half full.

upload_2017-5-17_14-0-49.png

12. LeMonocledeMonOncle

Okay, thanks. Will try that. But it's kind of scary that the device is so not robust.

13. Joe Gavin

lithium ion batteries are finicky. proper initial/first charging is critical

14. LeMonocledeMonOncle

Okay, I tried this, and the Quantlet is still completely dead. Any other ideas? (If you think charging it through the computer's USB is what caused the problem, they should really warn people in big, bold font about how to charge it properly.)

seanb4 likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^THIS

drezy likes this.
  16. Valerie

Valerie Gold

The initial first charge that is critical is performed at the lithium ion cell factory usually prior to sealing the cell. It creates the solid electrolyte interface on the electrode and can be driver in cell life. Once this layer is formed the cell is ready for nominal usage.

One needs to be careful not to charge these cells in a cold state as they could plate lithium on the anode which is something you don't want (capacity loss, possible internal shorts).

What I find very interesting with my Quantlet battery is that it has a very high self discharge rate, or there is a very high leakage current within the Quantlet that is discharging the battery. These battery should be able to sit months without a charge. My battery is discharged within 1-2 days. Its been like this since day one.

seanb4, endless and drezy like this.
  17. Valerie

Valerie Gold

High (excessive) charge rate can also result in lithium plating

Can some one tell us what the battery capacity is in amp-hours (AH), then we can estimate what a proper charge current should be

18. Joe Gavin

Just saw the pic you posted of charger, shows 5volts but 3 amps which may be too much. there are numerous combos out there. ive been using apples 12w/5.2volt/2.4amp charger without issue from day one, along with a samsung 10w/5v/2amp charger on occasion.

19. Ski coach

Ski coach Gold

Trying to create custom protocol which duplicates P30 without the TEC. (I am sensitive to the high magnetic field of the TEC fan. I'll wear my CFB instead.) Are all colors set to 100% and continuous operation?

Anyone know the settings of wellness or sleep/relaxation protocols? When I create custom protocols I want to know what I have changed from what I have been using. Thanks!

20. Joe Gavin

You are correct on p30 settings.

Sleep: 10hz pulse, 10% duty cycle 20% 660nm, 100% 850nm (from patent app, may differ in real life)
    Wellness: 10 Hz pulse; 50% duty cycle, 100% 532, 660 and 850

and no, i don't know how to set duty cycles in custom protocols.

Allin and Paul T. like this.