1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

pyroluria

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by cantweight, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I looked into this last fall because it hit close to home with me too. There is something called the 'zinc tally test'. You take a tablespoon of the solution, swish it around and swallow it. If it tastes like water you are zinc deficient. If it tastes metallic and horrible you are zinc sufficient. After supplementing for months on a significant amount of zinc and trying different types it still tastes like water to me.
    Anyway I read somewhere that anyone can have elevated kryptopyrolles in the urine if they are under enough stress. Seems like a strange diagnosis. Maybe it is in the amount in the test. Dr Klinghart is big into this stuff:

2. Penny

Penny New Member

Yeah - I've only seen one person actually taste the zinc the first time - it seems to me everyone is deficient in it - the bugs grab it and b6 - so if you can't get zinc to come up with supplementation/oysters, you might have the test - I think it's the cheapest infection test around - of course, I'm a software engineer... :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yeah, I'm to do that test to at least rule it out. The more info the better..
    Everyone that I have tested (family members) are deficient too.
    Zinc was low on my hair mineral analysis too but it wasn't terrible, Still, considering all the oysters I eat PLUS supplements I would think it would be a little higher.
    Here is my latest test: Hair 1b.jpg Hair 2b.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Has Jack written anywhere on the blog about this condition? I'd like to hear his take on it

5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I'm just making a note here for me and anyone else wanting to do this test.
    According to the video, the best test is done in Holland. They test for the proper molecule which is hydroxy-hemopyrrolin-2-one (HPL). It is a real hassle getting it done there so we have to use the kryptopyrrole test done in the US by Vitamin Diagnostics. The upper end is 15. If you are twice the upper end, that indicates severe condition (more than 30).
    A confusing condition with so many names.

6. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

klinghardt does his version of kinesiology and tests histamine to determine if you have it without the other rarer tests... I think Josh's interpretation makes most sense... two growing problems: poor redox and methylation working together?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  7. Bill1

Bill1 New Member

Holland is the only test to use. Worth the money and hassle to get it.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I think his version of testing is called "autonomic response test" (ART)

9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I love your quote at the bottom of your message...so true.