1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

puzzled friends

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by agatha, Apr 7, 2012.

1. agatha

agatha New Member

Ha Ha! I saw some friends today who commented that I am looking slimmer and healthier than last year and asking me how I did it. I replied 'The key to weight loss is to eat more fried eggs and bacon' There was a puzzled silence and then some nervous laughter...:D

Has anyone else enjoyed reactions from friends/family - do share...

2. My husband made a comments this morning about breakfast he got a chorizo-egg burrito at the farmers market, and said he left over half for me and that I could pull out the insides ( I am allergic to wheat) and eat them AND there was plenty there to eat - a reference to my BABs. lol The burrito was good - mostly chorizo, although it have a bit of cheese on it. I know it wasn't paleo, but it was low carb.

And he is always making comments when I go get butter and put it on the vegetables he steamed for us. Actually the amount of butter I put on the vegetables.

3. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

My hubby is currently lepin Rx'ing and he and a friend have a weekly check-in for weight loss and work-related goals (they're both self-employed creatives).

Hubby has been steadily losing (he's 3 weeks in) and is now looking noticeably thinner and his friend, who hangs out with a lot of yoga and spinning people and, I'm guessing, is eating like they tend to eat, isn't losing much and is puzzled at how my hubby is eating so much and isn't working out at all (other than walking) and the weight is just coming off ;)

4. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Yep they see me losing and I tell 'em no grains no dairy no legumes no sugar.... They ask what do I eat and I tell them I eat 4 eggs 5 slices of bacon most mornings..... They can't believe I'm losing weight!

I used to have a heater under my desk since the office is so cold. Now I don't even bring a jacket when they are all bundled up indoors. I just tell them I love the cold now...

I swear my next car will be a convertible so i can enjoy cold + vitamin D (depending on the season)..... I'll call it the CT-mobile...imagine the things they'll think driving with top down when it's cold out...! (added bonus to CT)!

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Ha ha. Everyone thinks I'm crazy driving to work in 30 degree weather with the AC going full blast while wearing a short sleeved shirt.

6. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I tell people that I just fat, fish, liver, nuts, and meat. I don't present fat, but my metabolics could be better and are getting that way. I'm 5'8" and wear a three. I'm not getting the optimal meats, but I'm a little challenged sometimes. I am waiting for the nut consumption to bite me, but until i feel "off", that's my traveling fat. If someone tells me I'm wrong, well.... it's none of my business what they think of me. I have a mirror and I don't think its broken.

7. agatha

agatha New Member

Ha ha. I love telling people about the BAB - they can't believe their ears!

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

People come to my house now just to see what I am cooking.....They just look more shocked when they see how much I eat....and then I let them watch me pack myself in ice.

9. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I posted the other day on Facebook about my CT session, and I had four people reply almost immediately saying "Why would you do something like that to yourself?!" I told them that I do it because it makes me feel good, because it will help me live longer, and because I'm a little bit of a sicko. ;)

10. CT'd in front of my husband last night and he "officially" thinks I have lost it now! hahahahaha!!

11. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

A couple of co-workers have commented on my not wearing a jacket and wearing short sleeves in our notoriously cold office. But I no longer find it cold.