1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Purchased Epi Paleo Seaweeds What do I do with them?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Claudia, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I just purchased the following seaweeds:

Bladderwrack, capsules
    Kelp, capsules

IRish Moss
    Wakame

What do I do with the latter forms? Sprinkle them on food, how much??

Is there any danger of taking too much of these?

I am hypothyroid and take t3 only. My problem is that my t4 wasn't converting to t3 but to reverse t3, which is high. I take 12.5mcg of t3 every morning about 2 hours before waking up. I also have low morning cortisol. I've been taking adrenal support, ashcan. and rhodiola and holy basil.

I hoping that with Epi Paleo, seaweeds, grounding, CT, orange glasses and amber lightbulbs at night...I might correct my conversion issue and get off the t3 meds for good. Also hoping to fix adrenal issue and hormonal balance. I recently started BAB again and working my way up in protein with some struggles.

Thanks for any advice

2. Inger

Inger Silver

I use Wakame and Irish Moss for my soaked seaweed water. Irish Moss gives a nice pink water, very delish! I love to put that water on my face too as a tonic...:)

I do not think you will have any issues, but if, just cut back the consumption a bit!

3. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I put all kinds of sea veggies in my bone broth. I add it to soups and stews too. Depending on the type of seaweed, I'll slice it up almost like noodles. I use wakame in my water like Inger as well.

4. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thank you INger and BJK77. How much Wakame and Irish Moss to you use and how long do you let it soak? I'm thinking you just drink it down after it soaks. But do you also eat the soaked seaweed? I'm probably thinking too much on this and just need to wing it, lol :). I have to start making bone broth again and soaps. WOuld it work in a grass-fed beef stew?

5. I also put it in my bone broths. Sometimes I just soak it to get it soft and then add it to salads. Also I have chopped it up and added it to hamburgers in the morning. I think it may absorb some of the fat in the burger so it doesn't go down the grill. I'm thinking about other out-of-the-box ways to get more in me.

I tried Bladderwrack seaweed water and just couldn't stand it. Maybe another type would be good but honestly I took a couple of sips and then chugged a half a glass knowing it was good for me but I couldn't finish the rest. I can make mackerel head smoothies and chug those with a lot less angst! What is wrong with me?!?!?!?

6. Meg

Meg Gold

I am strange. I put water in my mouth, dump in a spoonful of bladderwrack or dulse flakes and swallow. I soak kelp and then chew it up and swallow - then drink the water. The nori is easy for me to just munch on. One thing I do that I actually like the taste of - I boil the shells of my shrimp (after I've taken out the shrimp) and then drink the water. It really doesn't taste bad!

I would love to heal my hypothyroid by using seaweed. Have any of you had any experiences of real progress in this area- with labs?

I have seen progress with my thyroid after grounding. I had to cut back on meds two weeks after I started. That's cool!!!

7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

What grounding have you done! That's amazing that you saw progress. Can you define progress? Did you have blood drawn? Did your levels go up? And what kind of meds do you take?

I would think the seaweed would take much longer as far as any progress. Like supplements seem to take so long.

8. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Your grounding results sound amazing. Please share you grounding protocol with us.

9. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I put kombu in with bones to make bone broth. I put 2-3 grams of dried bladderwrack in the coffee grinder and then stir into mag water and chug. Kombu water tastes ok. bladderwrack tastes awful.

10. FreeRangeKiwi

FreeRangeKiwi Ready. Fire. Aim.

just got out of the sea. while i was in there all sorts of seaweeds brushed past me. i figured, eat now, google later. that's how i roll

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Lol!
    Go for the gusto!

12. Looks like I'll be trying a bunch of seaweed waters to see if I can drink them without wanting to spit them out! Maybe Khombu is the ticket. I'll try it first and then work my way through the 3-4 others I have.

13. endless

endless New Member

I use a 48oz glass jar and add one good sized chunk of seaweed. Kombu has been the most pleasant so far, although there ends up being clumps of clear jelly in the bottom of the jar. Dulse is a pleasant taste as well, as long as you don't add too much (I use about 1/4 oz).

14. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

I have had really good results with using seaweed for my hypothyroidism. I have only had 1 bloodtest taken after beginning eating seaweed so I dont know if it will last but it looks promising :)
    I have written about it in the thread "Could it be the seaweed" here in 90-day optimal reset :)

15. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

I just love wakame - it really taste good in the water :)

16. Meg

Meg Gold

results from grounding

Sorry but I don't know how to highlight the previous "Quote" correctly.......

To answer your questions - I have been grounding for about an hour a day by walking on the wet grass and by just laying on the ground. I live in Georgia and it has been a fairly mild winter. After a couple of weeks of this I suddenly had Hyperthyroid symptoms, heart racing, jittery, anxiety etc. I immediately had labs drawn and my TSH was .006, T3 was 5.8 (range 2- 4.4), my T4 was okay. My previous TSH was & T3 was 2.6.

I was baffled by the sudden switch to hyperthyroid because I had been feeling up until this episode. My endo pulled me off some of my T-3 for now. I am currently on armour only now. I will redo labs and see her in two weeks.

I asked JK in a Q& A time if he thought grounding could do this and he said yes, that grounding affects T3. I can't say I understand it but I like the idea of healing.

I grew up in FL on the beach and am feeling called to go back. I would love to see the affects of grounding in the ocean everyday.

17. Do you have Hashis? Sometimes it can make the person go from hypo to hyper and then back to hypo. I hope in your case that you are healing your thyroid though! This is great news for those of us who have thyorid issues. I'm hoping my results of grounding can be as good as yours! :)

18. joniwalsan

joniwalsan New Member

Hello.This article was really fascinating, especially because I was browsing for thoughts on this issue last week..... i really enjoy your blog
    Celebrities with Cancer

19. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Good to know. How much wakame do you add to the water? And does anyone know if it's ok to take all of these seaweeds every day? My stuff has arrived and I have Kelp capsules, which say they contain 595 mg of organic kelp and it says for periodic use only and not to be taken for extended periods of time. That kind of worries me.
    The Bladderwrack capsules contain 575 mg of organic bladderwrack and that bottle says "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm." HuH?

Then, I have loose wakame and loose irish moss. I was going to put those in water to drink. Do I just do a tablespoon of each? I really don't know how much I'm getting of anything here. And those two packages say for periodic use only and not to be used for extended period of time and not to be used if you are hyperthyroid, which I am not.

My thyroid issues consist of having had some fatigue symptoms and low t3 on labs, high reverse t3. It seemed to be a conversion problem with t4 not converting to t3 but instead to rt3. I don't know if this is true hypothyroidism or just heading in that direction. I was given t3 only and I'm on a low dose of 12.5mcg per day, which I take in the early morning before I wake up. I have felt better since taking it and my t3 has increased to high end of range instead of low end of range.

I would love to just get off of the t3 entirely and just eat more seaweed. If it could only be that simple :)

20. diane

diane Gold

I would do a little at first, get used to the taste. I was a little enthusiastic my first time - a bit too strong!