1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pull Ups!! Success!!!!

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Shijin13, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Whoot! so I was getting diapers going in the wash, and while I was waiting for the previous cycle to finish I hopped up on the pull up bar and banged out 2 pull ups.

I couldn't do a single pull up last year at this time. Couldn't do one back in January. Took some time off from pull ups... and just focused on body weight work, CT, and eating clean...

Suddenly I can do two successive pull ups.

after I got the diapers loaded I jumped up and did two more - this is no fluke!

success!

2. ealachan

ealachan New Member

EFF YEAH, PULLUPS!! Good job! :D

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I haven't been able to bang out pull ups in any shape or form un-assisted since basic training over 20yrs ago! I'm so stoked... I don't care that some of my pants don't fit right now... I can do pull ups!

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

argh, now I want a pull-up bar ;) congrats

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I've NEVER been able to do a pull-up. You're my idol. Seriously.

6. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Awesome! You cant' "fake" pullups!

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

8. tercay@yahoo.com

tercay@yahoo.com New Member

Wonderful!!!!!! Congratulations!

9. AKMan

AKMan New Member

Al K got me into pullups, too. I went from zero to being able to do 30 (good form, in a row). I did a lot of what Al calls 'greasing the groove'. Basically, do a couple pullups several times throughout the day, every day. Eventually you will find you can do enough to turn it into a meaningful workout. Nowadays, I do superslow pullups, like 4 or 5 until I can not physically do another, one day a week--then none until the next week. An important concept with pullups is "Time Under Load", way more important than number of reps. Focus on doing every pullup as perfectly as possible with as much range as possible.

It's a great feeling when you can finally do a couple! Keep up the good work!