1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PTH Vitamin D and calcium levels

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Mary B, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Mary B

Mary B New Member

Have any of you looked at getting labs for PTH, Vitamin D and Calcium levels? Was listening to Dr Coimbra explain his protocol for autoimmune conditions (my son has one) and he uses PTH test to determine when they are taking right level of daily D. Looking for a PTH at low end of normal range and calcium in normal range.

This was an interesting study on vitamin D and Genes. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41...djrcl-IM0u811KoUuSMx4Z7Sfyl1Iz94-qSaEfWM#Sec9

21 days til UVB sunlight returns here. Can’t thank Dr Kruse enough for leading us into the sunlight!

2. Novah

Novah New Member

Mary B likes this.
  3. Mary B

Mary B New Member

Absolutely essential that one with autoimmune using Coimbra protocol needs to do so with medical supervision. Problem is that not many neurologists treating them even consider it. Only a few Docs in the US. I doubt my son’s doctors have ever looked at his vit D levels let alone considered this protocol for treatment. Instead they prescribe $6000 or $4000 a month meds. He does whatever they say. He said no to transferring south.

I’m thinking that looking at these labs might be useful to confirm that the PTH isn’t super high indicating one needs to get a doc and ideally the PTH would be in the low normal range with D level high and Calcium level normal meaning the D is a good level and not drawing D from bone. My next lab experiment.