1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Psyche's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Psyche, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Psyche

Psyche New Member

INTRO

48 y/o female, 5'4

The perfect storm of peri-menopause and running excessive carb-fueled distances while eating an overall poor diet has (shockingly) destroyed my hormonal balance and left me literally feeling like I have a dead battery.

I started bleeding (all the time) in 2013 and it scared me. I don't go to doctors, I've never been sick, etc. My doctor said I have uterine fibroids, she put me on bc pills, prozac. Bleeding stopped, I felt somewhat better- for a while. Worsening PMS, and just feeling extremely crappy and unlike myself most of the time. It finally just came to a head, and I said "enough".

I began looking for ways to improve my situation. I stopped eating all processed/ packaged foods and adopted a higher fat diet. As an ultrarunner, I adopted a training method developed by Phil Maffetone based on HR training that is designed to force you into aerobic training to improve mitochondrial function. I was shocked to find I had to WALK to stay within my aerobic HR range. This was a wake-up call that my mitochondria were trashed. Also a bad sign- I never felt good after walking or running.

The fact that mitochondria are HUGE kept me paying attention to everything I could do to improve mitochondrial function.

Ironically (now it's ironic, not then) I got an iPhone for the first time, and since I drive an hour to work, I started listening to podcasts. I eventually heard an interview with Dr. Kruse. The information about Leptin made total sense to me, and I immediately understood the need to first deal with my leptin issue before doing anything else.

June 1 – 2015

I started the Leptin Reset and CT. No exercise at all. Stopped taking all meds, which may not be smart, but I say go big or go home. So far, no ill effects, and I just had a "normal" period.

It’s been four weeks, and it’s hard to believe how good I feel. I may have regained leptin sensitivity at the brain level(?) by now but certainly not at the liver and muscle level.

Next- labs. Expense is an issue. In a few weeks I should at least be able to afford the proxy labs (HS-CRP, Vitamin D, DHEA).

On a final note, I'm addicted to CT. Someone who runs 100-300 mile races doesn't do anything small. CT is my new drug, and I need to find me a commercial grade ice maker.

This is an amazing ride- I feel like the health benefits I’m gaining are actually a side benefit to the education I’m receiving.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    caroline, endless, Jude and 1 other person like this.
  2. Psyche

Psyche New Member

I've been reading a lot of other journals here. It's amazing how such disparate paths lead to the same place. For me, I feel like I wrecked my own health out of ignorance, and it wasn't until I got sick and tired of being sick and tired (and hormonal) that I said "enough" and decided to take responsibility for my health. That one action has changed my life.

caroline and fitness@home like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Estrogen = a higher anion gap = The anion gap is what MD's use to diagnose a metabolic acidosis. It is a measure of too many protons or too few electrons of most likely a combo effect of both. Calcium efflux = an increase in the anion gap. Increase anion gap = low NAD+ = Pseudohypoxia = low O2 = Low NAD+/NADH ratio = NAD+ drops in people with blue light exposure = excessive nnEMF in your environment for any reason = elevated ubiquitin rates = low levels of electrons = electron density in tissues is a function of the DHA concentrations = low EZ size in cell water = dehydration = higher positive charges (protons) in proteins making them less hydrophilic = low intracellular pH = low redox potential = cell and mitochondrial swelling (cyto c release) = lowered magnetic and electric fields in mitochondria = low ATP levels = a lot of carbs and protein electrons on ECT = altered serotonin and dopamine levels in the frontal lobes = NT release tied to calcium efflux = calcium controls voltage gated channels, NMDA, and glutamate excitotoxicity= low DC electric current = low tissue DHA = altered perceptions of reality and depression/anxiety

mamadell and Jude like this.
  4. Psyche

Psyche New Member

I'm pretty sure you just summarized my entire problem, but to be sure, I have a ton of homework to do! And I thought I was hitting it hard reading the 4th Phase of Water and the Sixth Extinction. Damn!

I just found the coolest animation on how the NAD+ works:
    http://highered.mheducation.com/sit.../chapter25/animation__how_the_nad__works.html

I will struggle with this, but in a few days I hope to recapitulate what you are saying to me above....and actually understand it.
    To be continued.

5. Psyche

Psyche New Member

Haha...short version: Hormone panels are a reflection of the cells reaction to their environment.

Synonyms of disease.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    caroline and Jude like this.
  6. Psyche

Psyche New Member

7. Psyche

Psyche New Member

I spend so much time reading/ listening and trying to absorb all of the information here. It's tough stuff for a non-science person. Which, now that I think of it, I don't really even qualify as any more- after all, I actively study dialectric chemistry, semiconduction, physicis, cell biology, etc! And I mean DAILY:)))!!!

I have a lot of catching up to do. I read Jack's blogs every single day, and most days I listen to at least one of the podcasts...I actually printed the entire BG series and put it in a notebook and read it on vacation last month.

Lately, I notice I can connect the dots a lot more...this morning I looked at my dog's huge eye boogers and knew she had them because of low DC current. Yes, I seem to be seeing the world from a different perspective...

caroline likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline New Member

Welcome ...... what a great journey we are all on!

9. caroline

caroline New Member

where do you live Psyche? work?

10. Psyche

Psyche New Member

Hi, Caroline
    Thank you...I'm grateful for the forum here. I'm from Western NC- work in Asheville, NC and live in Rutherfordton, NC (50 miles east of AVL).

11. Psyche

Psyche New Member

So I set up a tent in my back yard! Slept there last night, and it was amazing. I'm convinced the high BUN/creatinine ratio (20) is due to bad environment, and so I will get the EMF Bootcamp and take all the steps to reduce what I can at home. Also, I will be way more diligent with water intake. Until I can remove some of the EMF exposure, I can spend many nights (every week day) sleeping in the tent, which I actually LOVE.

My son is pleased to have the house to himself at nights...

My boyfriend is here on the weekends, so I will travel indoors for all that goodness...:))

I hope I've situated the tent on the property the best I can. I put it downhill and away from the smartmeter on the back of the house.

Feeling a little empowered today, which is a big change from yesterday...

IMG_0883.jpg View attachment 2320 IMG_0883.jpg

12. Psyche

Psyche New Member

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. -- Albert Einstein

caroline likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline New Member

Why sleep inside on the weekend when your boyfriend arrives??????? think about the amazing oxy outside and under the stars :p

Can you do C/T outside? beside your tent? lots here have bought tanks that are pretty inexpensive from hardware places I think.

You could have your BAB outside .... on a BBQ .........what fun you will have and gain so much while doing it!

14. Psyche

Psyche New Member

The weekend is a temporary concession...long story short- bf is going through a divorce and sleeping on a sofa. He lives for the weekend to sleep in an actual bed. I get it. Otherwise, we both LOVE camping and sleeping outside.. So in the future, this is not an issue. I currently do most CT sessions outside and it's really hot right now, so I get some good fournier effect going by having my head and feet out of the water. One thing I'm adding is to get outside during the day more while I'm at work. I do terribly at this right now, and I do have some control in this area. I could get an hour or more a day in good light...

Thanks so much for your comments, btw- much appreciated!!

caroline likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline New Member

I see you have the bases covered! I have yet to go camping ..... can't wait!

16. Psyche

Psyche New Member

EMF update...I spoke with my son in depth about EMF and we're going to approach it by getting the EMF Bootcamp, and then first addressing all the low hanging fruit (grounding his computer, cabling the wifi, etc.) Good news is, he's on board. Really good news...we killed our smart meter:cool:. Son has pictures of the deed, and will likely blackmail me...but this I can live with:).

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

48 y/o female, 5'4

The perfect storm of peri-menopause and running excessive carb-fueled distances while eating an overall poor diet has (shockingly) destroyed my hormonal balance and left me literally feeling like I have a dead battery.

I started bleeding (all the time) in 2013 and it scared me. I don't go to doctors, I've never been sick, etc. My doctor said I have uterine fibroids, she put me on bc pills, prozac.
    -----------------------------
    uterine fibroids, she put me on bc pills, prozac

bc pills, prozac----> very bad

----->fibroids------>>low progesterone
    instead
    selenium
    Lugols

must optimize more complete Steroid Hormone Panel
    at least:
    cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides
    pregnenolone
    progesterone
    Cortisol
    Aldosterone
    E1, E2, E3
    Androstenedione
    DHEAs
    testosterone
    SHBG
    ========================================
    As an ultrarunner
    runs 100-300 mile races

bad, humans are not made to do that

I'm from Western NC- work in Asheville, NC and live in Rutherfordton, NC (50 miles east of AVL).

I need to find me a commercial grade ice maker.

consider water chiller

http://www.amazon.com/Active-Aqua-Chiller-Refrigeration-Unit/dp/B008HV7VKG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441719561&sr=8-2&keywords=water chiller

-------------------

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  18. Psyche

Psyche New Member

JanSz,

Thank you so much for your response above (and also for the one re: DHEA supplementation).

As for the info above.....

1. bc, prozac = bad.
    Agreed! No bueno, and no longer taking either

----->fibroids------>>low progesterone. Instead, selenium/ Lugols
    No longer bleeding from the fibroids (good sign). I went off bc pills in April, and I've had ONE period since then- June 1. My estrogen/Progesterone was upside down a couple of years ago, and it has probably not changed to date. Currently, I take a table spoon of dried sea veggies (kelp) in water each morning. Does this impact your recommendation for selenium and Lugols??

3. must optimize more complete Steroid Hormone Panel- at least: (with list)
    Are you referring to BHT or just making a note that this optimization needs to be done? One question here- applies to both DHEA and pregnenolone supplementation. I re-read Jack's DHEA blog and realize, at 48, I'm not making DHEA as mush and probably DO need to supplement. What about pregnenolone? I saw it available OTC the other day- I did not imagine you could get this OTC- is it similar to DHEA in that it's a precursor, so not controlled? What are your thoughts (for me) taking pregnenolone?

4. As an ultrarunner - runs 100-300 mile races- bad, humans are not made to do that
    Understood. Recently came to see the light of this, although I am fascinated by the prospect of making adjustments and running hormetically (even longer distances) while being fat adapted. Big follower of Barry Murray. However, I am taking a sabatical from running (endurance exercise) while I regain leptin sensitivity. I feel as if I am LS at the brain level, but not yet at the muscle/ tissues level. I fear doing more mitochondrial damage by returning to exercise too early.

5. I need to find me a commercial grade ice maker./ consider water chiller
    What a great idea!! Have to weigh the EMF component out, I suppose. I never thought of this, though- thank you!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to me. I really appreciate it:)

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Family-Pack-bottles/dp/B001RRP3FW

First for a week or two take selenium.
    Then (slowly) add Lugols.
    Very small % of people may have problem taking Lugols.
    Eventually we need iodine/iodide, and needs of thyroid gland are very small comparing to the rest of the body.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    BHT, depending on the doctor, involves progesterone/estrogens manipulation, often without benefit of (significant) testing or any testing at all.
    That is not what I have in mind.

What I have in mind is simple hormone optimization.
    But that is relative, if you start talking Steroin Hormone panel and frequent blood testing.

------------------------------------------------------

I like pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology.
    But as long as your blood tests show progress, anything else is acceptable.

------------------------------------------------------

Good idea to start with
    selenim & lugols
    and
    Micronutrient Test

buy directly------->>>
    http://spectracell.mybigcommerce.com/
    Micronutrient Test
    $390.00
    On a slide #12 there is a list of measured items:
    http://www.spectracell.com/media/up...itamin-mineral-and-antioxidant-assessment.pdf
    Sample Report
    http://www.spectracell.com/media/uploaded/m/0e2064041_mnt-sample-test-report082312.pdf

----
    also
    this blood test at LabCorp or Mayo Clinic

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

-------

look up my posts on this thread:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

/

20. JanSz... you are a pretty classy guy to be offering so many people your take on things. You are a good man. Thank you for being so generous with your time.