1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

protein and carbs

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Matt Fowler, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Hi everyone,

How many grams of protein and carbs should a 31 year old, 13 stone male mitochondriac eat per day so as not to gain weight? right now Im skinny fat. I used to be fat fat, at one point weighing nearly 17 stone. Id like to put on some muscle and lean out but Im very limited in terms of exercise because of my dizziness condition.

Also, what is the benefit to our biology when we eat outdoors in daylight?

Any info would be greatly appreciated,
    Many thanks

2. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Carbs should be zero if you don't want to gain any weight.

This autumn I started to gain some weight even when eating "low carb", I was combining honey(less than 100g of total carbs), animal fats and protein. Cooked and salted foods. And I felt horrible. I messed around for several months trying to figure out what to do.

Here's where I ended up: Lots of seafood, lots of spring water, low or zero salt, only 1-2tbsp of honey each day(only carb source), mostly RAW foods. I lost all the excess weight and started feeling much better, while eating as much as I wanted as often as I wanted. Never counted any calories or macro-nutrients.

3. Hi, thanks for the reply. So you dont take any carbs bar honey? thats pretty hardcore! How many grams of seafood and meat do you eat? and what foods do you eat raw? And how long have you been eating that way?

4. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

I started a carnivore diet on January of 2019. So well over a year of eating less carbs than is usually "allowed" on a keto diet.

For over 2 months now I'm doing seafood, dairy, ruminant meat, a little bit of honey and tons of spring water.

I would love to eat everything RAW, I'm having trouble eating raw animal fats(trimmings, suet) as a major source of calories, so I've been resorting to raw dairy for my fats. I've been eating 1-2lbs of raw cheese curds with a bit of honey everyday for many weeks in a row. For seafood I am eating 100-300g of herring most days and similar amounts of beef.

Most important is to get lots of DHA(seafood) and good water from underground. Then you need to get you skin out into the sun and "magical things" will begin to happen, that was my experience.

Cooking and using salt is not in itself bad, but it makes understanding how much I really need to eat much harder since it alters my appetite quite strongly. With raw foods I can trust my intuition to tell me what I need to eat, not so much with cooked and salted foods.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  5. ah, ok, excellent. So you tried to eat raw animal fat? I dont think I could do that to be honest. It would freak me out quite a lot as Ive always been told animal fat should be cooked. I think the only time I could eat raw meat etc would be if it was a fresh kill or some really high end sushi or steak tatar etc.

What benefits did you notice after combining DHA with sun?

Im 3 months in to my blueblockers/morning sun/dha and im seeing some improvements with cognitive function, sleep and anxiety levels. I still need to start avoiding ALAN religiously and then address my wifi exposure.

Do you collect your water yourself from a spring or do you buy bottled water? Im currently drinking EVIAN

6. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

I ate raw beef, lamb, fish and eggs from every supermarket in town. No problems from eating it raw straight from the packaging. The initial quality is all that matters to me. If the fat isn't so good, cooking and adding salt makes it more palatable, but I'm not sure it is a good idea to do that if the raw fat doesn't go down well to begin with.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...vore-just-converted-to-a-mitochondriac.24523/ If you read my post here you'll know where I'm coming from when I talk about benefits.
    Benefits from dha + water + sun: Improved hydration, digestion and sleep. And I feel like there isn't much anything to be improved at this point, my body works great, it responds to everything properly, and I can let my intuition guide me.

I collect the water from a spring next to a river. Low dissolved solids bottled spring water is good too. Well water is great, basically anything that comes from underground with low mineral content is great.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Matt Fowler likes this.
  7. ah, excellent, thank you. Ill check out your post. I suppose its logical to think that humans would have been eating raw meat long before we ever started to cook it. I just cant bring myself to do it. I can eat raw eggs though.

My dog's health responds very positively to raw beef as opposed to cooked so Im guessing it would be the same for us.

can I ask what part of the world youre in RE the water?

8. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Cooking is fine. You can start by cooking your steaks/burgers progressively more rare. Cured, smoked, dried meats are also technically raw. But I'd watch out for nasty additives.

I'm from Lithuania. https://findaspring.com/category/locations/europe/england/

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020