1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Progesterone, let's hear about yours!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

When I got Prometrium, I was worried that I will not absorb as much as I should since all depends on your liver. I got a suggestion on this forum to use it vaginally. Perfect absorption every time!

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

TMI question: I get compounded P. It's in gelatin caps with acidophilus as a filler. I'm thinking this will still work vaginally? :eek:

3. Destiny

Destiny New Member

It sounds OK but maybe you could also ask the compounding pharmacy?

4. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

Do you take it up until you start TOTM or do you stop a few days before it should start? I was taking 100mg from day 21-26 but I recently increased to 200mg and am hoping my cycle will shorten from 42-44 days to at least 30 days. I was told I should stop just a few days before I anticipated TOTM but now I am not sure that that is correct.

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

what a terrific idea...... :eek:

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I wonder how this would work for some one w/migraines

7. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I remember reading this too! Thanks for the reminder. I would rather take less and have it be absorbed more efficiently. I think I'm going to call my doc and ask her if she thinks this will work for me.

8. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

You girls are great...what a pleasure! Thank you for such helpful information...Carol

9. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Dosing question for all you with P experience... my doc has finally given me some compounded bioidentical P cream. It is 20mg/g, a low dose I know. She has told me to put 1 g on my skin x1 per day on days 12-26 of my menstrual cycle. This doesn't seem to be cycling correctly as I understand it as the dose is either 'on' or 'off'. I can obviously tweak this (the script came with no instructions, just her verbal suggestion) and would love some input as to how to make this better. Thanks, Lauren

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Dzugan has the cycling in the following manner - micronized progesterone 50 mg/ml:

1-14 days 60 mg a day (divided into morning and evening doses 20-40)

15-25 days 70 mg (20-50)

last 5-6 days 40 mg (10-30)

He actually says to take the stronger dose in the morning and weaker one in the evening but I am doing the opposite to help my sleep.

11. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Thank you SO much Destiny. Care to get your MD and become my doctor? :)

12. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I'm confused on why to drop the last 5-6 days? I thought that is when your level drops? Or, maybe that is the reason? I would think that is when I need to most for pms bullcrap. Is it working for you? Did you have bad pms at all?

13. Destiny

Destiny New Member

LOL, I am not that smart! I just used advise from others here and got Dzugan's, Lee's and Reiss' books.

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Yes, Dzugan is doing cycling based on the natural cycle. He goes up and down according to that. I don't have any PMS but cannot attribute that to this since all my hormones are in the toilet. I am trying to get my hormones up.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Lauren

Dzugan does work w/ppl overseas... might be worth an email. to linda I'll send you her email on PM

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Lauren - clear your PM box... just tried to pm its full

17. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

I wonder how Vitex and betaine helps with progesterone production. I know that Chocolate has discussed using this as a method to increase her pg. levels. Hmmm....sounds very interesting.

See, in beginning of July I was coming out of a prolonged constipation and absence of period (and probably ovulation) of 3 months. I felt 'mad'. Anyways out of such a desperation I went to a naturalpath and got prescribed a tincture of 3 ingredients which included Vitex. I took it for about 3 weeks. (This is still in the presence of eating pretty well and having done CT since March and following this blog etc.) Then on July 21 I finally menstrated. I also started the seafood-rich diet in mid-July. So I don't know what was giving me the 'boost'. I felt immediately better after that date. At the end of July I felt so positive that I ditched ALL supplements (b/c I felt like I was being consumed negatively by them etc.) So for August I did not menstrate, but did get spotting the week before I 'should' have menstrated. I did not feel 'worried' though. I still felt pretty damn good. I'm pretty sure I ovulated at the end of August, but did not menstrate this month. Hmmm... The thing is, I DO feel good though so that is interesting. Now with epi-paleo and super good circadian cycles, my mind is much clearer, and I have acquired and assimilated even more information in the last two months in this better mind state. So I think it would be a good idea to re-visit betaine and Vitex. I have been taking Maca for the last three weeks. I decided I should try that and be more disciplined with it...since in the past I never took it for long enough. lol I feel much more familiar with my body chemistry and what my unique needs are. This is helpful as I can have a better base from which to address things. Especially if in the presence of epi-paleo and circadian cycles (and CT in the form of nature...hee hee). So I know that despite super healthy, that mechanisms from past epi-genetics is still needing to be addressed. Overall though, I feel blessed and privileged to have even come across this website at all. Honestly I have to say life-changing and even 'saving'. I had the mentality that "I will NOT let myself get worse...I HAVE THE POWER TO HELP MYSELF...I'LL STOP AT NOTHING TO GET THERE!" While this can be viewed as extreme and it takes you on some dark paths occasionally, when you come out the other end, being stronger and triumphant...then you cannot argue against the necessity of having such a strong opinion.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've had success w/Chaste berry/Vitex so if you find it works for you use it.

TOTM started today - and I feel so brain foggy - LOW Pg. ugh I can feel it and I do Not Like the feeling... I just want to lay down but I'm on standby for a Q&A session w/USG for analysis I did... oh joy!

upping my Pg from .4 to .6 today... guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow...

19. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I seem to have a hard time adding in my progesterone in the 1st half. I haven't seen how it helps me sleep. Can I be over-riding the effects of my estrogen since 1st half estrogen is the player?

20. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Just cleared it. Sorry! Thanks, Gretchen.