1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Progesterone, let's hear about yours!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Seems like EVERY woman here is takin the big P to balance their P&E. In anticipation of doing this myself - would you mind letting us know your form, amounts, and opinion of it?

:rolleyes:

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love my Pg... I feel I need MORE! this is based off my cycle, migraines, sleep etc...

I'm taking a BHRT Progesterone gel (5% Formula 1 gel 50mg/ml)

the amounts vary depending on where I'm at in my cycle:

TOTM: .4ml = 20mg

10days after TOTM: .8ml = 40mg (Also taking .1ml of TriEst)

remainder of cycle: 1.0ml = 5omg

intuitively I know I need more Pg.

3. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I am taking oral micronized bio identical Pg. I take 100 mg first 14 days then 200 mg after that. I'm pretty much on a 27-28 day cycle. I too, love my Pg!!!

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

can I have your dose?

5. txritchies@att.net

txritchies@att.net New Member

Rapid dissolve tablets 200mg...take two a day. Very gradually seeing an improvement. So I am in the "need more" category. I have an appt with BHRT doc next week and will ask about other avenues based on my consult.

6. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

I love my pg too! I take 400 mg prometrium which is an oral micronized bio-identical capsule. Jack had suggested in my last consult to take it 2hrs. before sleep and it has really made a difference. I used to take it right before bed.

I'm finally dropping weight quickly for me, 8 lbs since my consult on 8/11...I had only lost 14 in 7 months! I'm mentioning this because I made 3 changes from the consult...upping pg from 200 to 400, adding metformin and 25 mcg cytomel. I'm not sure which change made the difference....maybe it's a combo or maybe I could be getting leptin sensitive??? I have all the signs now that I'm sleeping better, but I didn't think you could be leptin s without the thyroid working properly.

post menopausal

7. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

I know the oral must be a higher dose as a lot is lost in the process. I'm not sure what the conversion is.

8. Is this the under the tongue one? I'm thinking for me that makes sense with my bypass related absorption issues.

9. Oral as in a pill you swallow vs what?

10. stacyj

stacyj New Member

Finally have an appointment with a BHRT doc on Oct 9th. I am anxiously awaiting this appointment. I had three steroid injections earlier this year which sent me waayyyy out of control hormonally. I have no idea whose body I am living in right now, but am looking forward to hopefully getting mine back, lol! I have appreciated reading everyone's experiences in all of the hormone threads. I have felt like I am just spinning my wheels trying to get leptin sensitive, when all of my hormones are out of whack. Very frustrating.....I have gained 20+ pounds since January- despite the changes I have made.

11. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

Oral as in a pill. My doc always called it "oral micronized progesterone" so I am just repeating her terminology.

12. Patty Cakes

Patty Cakes Silver

Keep with it Stacy things do get better. I have been doing this for nine months now and I'm just now starting to feel like I am getting things back in order but still have a long way to go. It's worth it!

13. txritchies@att.net

txritchies@att.net New Member

Yes, that's correct. I actually place it between the cheek and gum and it takes about 10 min. to totally dissolve. I used to use capsules but my numbers never budged so they switched me to this form.

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

My newest prescription for Pg is 200 mg micronized bioidentical capsules. I take one about an hour before bedtime. (Post menopausal)

15. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

I'm currently self dosing with Pro-Gest cream- approx. 400 mg. I take it about an hour or two before bed and it has really helped my sleep.

My estrogen is also super low, so I'm worried about that, but thankfully I see a new anti-aging doc at the end of the month who seems pretty decent. I'm hopeful he'll figure it all out!

16. tweety

tweety New Member

I have been using 3% cream, 1/2ml (15mg) from day 15 to TOTM. I gained two pounds every month. I took a break, but knew I needed it. So I decided to up my dose- went to 1 ML(30mg) twice a day from day 15 to TOTM- no weight gain! 1lb weight loss! So my doc just called in a 10% cream, and I will be doing .6ml (60mg) from day 15 to TOTM, break during TOTM, then .25ml (25mg) from day 7 to day 15.

I feel much calmer, but still fly off the handle more than I feel I should. I am attributing that to skipping last month. And, after nine months of dosing, when I did my follow up labs using the 3% cream at the 1/2ml dose- my levels had dropped further. Food for thought.

17. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I've got an appointment tomorrow to try out another Dr. who will work with BHRT....I'm hoping to join you ladies with a prescription for prometrium very soon. This has taken so long to get going ..... will report back asap.

18. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Actually, the oral form doesn't have to be used orally only. There are other ways to apply it.

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Tell me more. How do I get best absorption? I'm taking mine sublingually. I guess best absorption might be individual.

20. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Googled and I guess you can use oral progesterone vaginally. But is that any better for absorption than sublingually?