1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Progesterone for Libido Increase

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Hope2Learn, May 13, 2015.

1. Hope2Learn

Hope2Learn We are all connected.

This is what I've been prescribed and taking for a few months now to increase my libido.

It's not doing the job.

I know they give it to males to chemically castrate them. Is it really supposed to do the opposite for women? Trying to understand why this was their choice of medication for me.

Thanks!

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Libido isn't all about hormones where women are concerned. For me, at least, there is also an emotional factor.

If I'm not happy with my partner (feeling safe, respected, close, etc) I could care less about having sex with him. I can please myself if need be ;)

Anyway, it comes across loud and clear that you aren't happy with your spouse. It could be a big factor.

On the hormone side, my co-worker has a testosterone implant and swears by it. She likes her levels high...

Hope2Learn likes this.
  3. Hope2Learn

True but he's just one person. This extends to all persons as well as solo situations.

It's accurate to say that even in a sexually charged, emotionally secure, and mentally invigorating relationship, there's no libido despite my brain and my heart wanting there to be.

re: testosterone, the only way I've ever foudn to increase that in myself is over the counter DHEA which I presume turns into testosterone in me because I get cystic acne immediately and a raging bad attitude that includes a sense of not caring what happens/being right despite being wrong/being willing to get into physical confrontations.

Basically DHEA gives me "beer muscles" type of attitude. No idea how else to get testosterone or if I need it since nobody will test me for it and in NY you can't get your own tests. I already am going to have to go the over the counter, internet ordering route to tend to my own thyroid though so if I have to do it with testosterone I will. I know it's legal to get ampules and needles of it or else my husband wouldn't have done so for so many years, I guess I just have to find out how where how much to take etc at this point.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

5. Hope2Learn

Thanks for the links! Unfortunately they're al in the NYC area. Nothing upstate at all except way out west near Buffalo.. in fact when I search by distance and put in 100 miles, it says "no results found".

6. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

That was just a quick general search. Refine it with your zipcode and a radius in miles that you would travel.

Where there is a will, there's a way!

7. Hope2Learn

If I put in a 200 miles radius there are some places. I don't need testing to play with treatments though. I just need the chemicals themselves. I already have a compounding pharmacy, and the pharmacist himself is the guy who does the prescriptions. I just talk to him, he recommends whatever to my gyn, and she writes the Rx based on whatever he says.

And what he said is that he can sell me his handydandy adrenal fatigue regimen for a low low price of $xx, and when I didn't want to hear his sales pitch he said well the other thing we give people is progesterone so here ya go.

I am happy being my own doctor. Nobody else cares about me as much as I do. I just need someone to sell me the stuff after telling me what stuff I should take.

edited to add: I'm still v ery interested in just getting feedback on the question at hand as well though - does progesterone make people horny or not? Supposedly with men it makes them disinterested in sex which is so well documented and guaranteed that it's used on repeat sex offenders to castrate them as dependably as actually removing their testicles as I understand it.

I just want to know if it does or doesn't do that to women as well.

If it does, I obviously need to get off of it immediately. But I can't find any thing that tells me for certain if this is the case.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  8. Hope2Learn

I find myself wondering why nobody put me on the pill as a first line treatment.

9. Inger

Inger Silver

too bad you cant tan nude. It is sooo good to raise testosterone / optimize your hormones and gives high sex drive like nothing else...... i can attest to that :eek:
    and it is totally safe :) :) :)

Erin Gaiser, Danco3636 and Hope2Learn like this.
  10. Hope2Learn

Yeah.. where I live, sunlight is an issue. Fifteen percent of days here are sunny, and 365/15 = 24. So I only get 24 sunny days a year to work with. And those are spread across the seasons so there's only a dozen or so sunny days where it's warm enough to sunbathe at all, nude or not.

But for what its' worth, I do have about 90 - yes ninety - bikinis and there's not enough material to any of them to actually prohibit me from getting sun. ;)

(ETA: maybe it was 60 not 90. I'll count later. When I got my boobs I went a little crazy making up for lost time.)

fitness@home likes this.
  11. Hope2Learn

BTW my estrogen is not high/ I do not have estrogen dominance. I'm sure most people assume that I have that issue and that's why they gave me pg, but that's not the case. I also have no trouble with sleep whatsoever, and no anxiety issues. I get PMS but who doesn't?

When they tested my estradiol (the only estrogen test I've ever been given) it was 140 and I was in the luteal phase, so I was perfectly in range ( "Luteal Phase 58-157" ). No dominance issues.

Had my progesterone done the same day (17 hydroxyprogesterone is what he ordered) and it also was perfectly in range (before ever starting on progesterone lozenges) - my result was 202 (Normal range: Luteal Phase: < or = 285 ng/dL ).

12. Hope2Learn

It's frustrating because I had a completely normal cycle and life except no libido until the progesterone. And now I have a completely messed up cycle and still no libido. It makes me wonder why I'm on this.

13. nicld

nicld Gold

Pills or cream DHEA? Pills gave me too high of T and acne but the cream (from Amazon) works just fine but I don't use that much of it anymore.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  14. Hope2Learn

Pills. Why dont' you use it much anymore?

15. nicld

nicld Gold

Hope2Learn likes this.
  16. Hope2Learn

ah ok so you have test results to rely on. I'm going to be doing this completely by how I feel. I think I'll just go ahead and place an order and see what happens. One things certain: Nothing will happen if I do nothing.

17. nicld

nicld Gold

I have heard that the pills have a tendency to turn to Testosterone in women while the cream does not. Oh and I also felt weird on the pills. That will have an effect on the libido if T is too high.

Hope2Learn likes this.
  18. Hope2Learn

My gyn, upon me telling her I tried DHEA pills and got the acne and mood issues, replied that she had the same problems with the pill form. She didn't discuss it further with me, but she did confirm that pill form DHEA is more prone to those side effects.

I wish this cream would come with amazon prime shipping but I guess I just have to wait for it.

19. Hope2Learn

Yeah but that's pregnenalone, and I'm already on progesterone. :)
    Besides, I ordered it already a few minutes ago. :)

20. nicld

nicld Gold

I caught that right away and deleted it, sorry.

I am on that stuff too since my pregnenalone was almost non existent. It is slowly increasing but not near optimal yet. I think my next round of testing will be in July so we will see where I am at.

Hope2Learn likes this.