1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Progesterone BHRT

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by cantweight, Mar 10, 2014.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Started 100mg of Prometrium yesterday. Took dose late afternoon CD15. Had a bizarre response. Rapid heart rate, clenched jaw, short of breath, totally wired. Insomnia...couldn't sleep until about 2am. Wide awake this morning. Symptoms had calmed. Decided to take dose early and am experiencing the same thing...I am 20 cups of coffee wired. This is the only thing I am doing differently.

Anybody that can help me understand what is happening? Low dose oral...shouldnt be any kind of hormone spike. Liver related perhaps? No clue.

Thanks!

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

only thing I can think of would be a cortisol spike from Pg directly shunting to make cortisol....

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I just called the doc...I am like speed racer right now. I am barely blinking I am so wound up. Nice change from the usual fatigue but the muscle twitches are getting uncomfortable.

Guess I'll get some cleaning done before I crash from this. Bizarre.

4. cantweight

cantweight Gold

And now teeth chattering freezing....wtf?!

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok... those are my symptoms when my thyroid goes wonky. sleep has been crazy of recent. I think its due to the longer light cycles...

cantweight likes this.
  6. Josh

Josh Gold

I experienced these and have seen them in my wife. Molybdenum and Manganese helped, sometimes other minerals or mitochondrial support. Could be an allergic response/reaction to Prometrium or the binders and fillers as well. Then there is the synergy or lack of it with whatever one is taking....Of course progesterone upregulates the thyroid hormone receptors on all cells causing a de facto increase in dosage of thyroid hormones and stuff can happen...

Hope likes this.
  7. Josh

Josh Gold

And yes in Oriental Medicine, it has been noted that Liver function changes dramatically in spring often causing the types of symptoms described without any additional ingredients...it is called "Liver Yang Rising" and affects things such as heart rate, thoughts (makes them racy), etc...I figure it may be the additional metabolism inspired by the additional light that our systems may not be ready for yet...

cantweight likes this.
  8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

And that's Why I'm waking up btwn 1-3am for the past week.... ding ding ding ding...

9. Josh

Josh Gold

[​IMG]

Shijin13 likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think what I just wrote on FB should get you headed in the right direction............(where you posted this there)

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Simple........what does PG do? it helps you keep water in provided you have no issues with ADH/ANF/aldosterone/vasopressin axis.......more water equals more charge......more charge means more energy. The energy only stays where your charge is highest and can not be distributed to other part of your body because ( my bet is ) your collagen pathways are not in good shape.......how could you bio hack this? TENS unit or message when you feel this way should radically improve it. The TENS unit trick on the nuchal ligament is one of my secret weapons.

Shijin13 and cantweight like this.
  12. Josh

Josh Gold

FYI for contrast in Oriental Medicine, the Liver is responsible for the smooth and even flow of energy in the body....more energy without clear channels and enough resources goes up instead of down or in appropriate channels and disturbs the heart and mind/shen...If "wind" is obstructing the meridian (s), treat Gallbladder, Governing Vessel or Bladder Meridian points at base of skull and in Nuchal Ligament (see GB20, GV14, BL10+11, etc.) Distal points as well..."Wind" commonly enters and obstructs channels in spring because skin feels warm from strong sun, but air is still cold so it enters and creates stagnation...translate human goes out in warm sun and does not notice cold wind exceeding metabolic capacity of tissue in exposed area and larger system/redox and loses EZ zone, collagen collapses, area gets toxic buildup and no superconduction, affects larger system over time, etc....

Nuchal ligament governed by Bladder which is paired with Kidney...

cantweight likes this.
  13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Well the insanity of it all passed....it was crazy, I was all wild eyed and sped up. Now I feel like a rock star....had energy to shop, home now going to clean, still running on this mornings BPC.

Praying I dont have some horrible crash from all this, but if my stuff is starting to work.....my god!

The sun is out today Josh...feels amazing almost 70 degrees

I've also spent the last 4 days in my sauna....curious how that plays....

14. Josh

Josh Gold

FYI, if you are TH1 dominant, BPC may not be your friend. Coffee will move stagnant "liver qi" but it is considered too strong and creates more depletion long term leading to more irregular flow, stagnation and "heat"...this is textbook, not necessarily everyone....grounding helps, any which way one can....

15. Josh

Josh Gold

One note and thought on the Oriental organ clock, I am guessing that it assumes your body can tell time....something we can no longer take for granted. It would be an interesting research project to go back a thousand years or so and look for evidence as to whether patinets were having trouble telling time???? There are quite good texts and notes from that time and even earlier as I have posted elsewhere....

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

my liver and lungs have always been able to tell time.... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... :)

The one good thing about all this... is suddenly the libido has picked back up...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    nicld likes this.
  17. cantweight

cantweight Gold

^^^^awww yeah

18. Hope

Hope Gold

I forgot about this. Just this is amazing....

cantweight likes this.
  19. Aggie

Aggie Banned

What do you do if your axis IS screwed up ? How to fix it back to working again?

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is what the forum and blog is about.......you want quick answers.........well first you need to learn the alphabet of the language of QED. When you are ready let us know.