1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pregnant keto safe ? Winter

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by Verena1028, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Verena1028

Verena1028 New Member

Hello everyone,

I stay in europe and now cold season has started. In winter i always start to eat very lowcarb or keto, like only local vegetsbles like cabbage sauerkraut brussle sprouts and lots of quality meat fish and eggs.
    Now i am pregnant in the 3 month and many online articels say not to eat keto or low carb becase the baby need glucose for development. Now i am confused what to do?
    Also they say not to bath to hot or ycold,but iwanted to do ct outside in a ton the entire winter as usal.. Is that save ?
    Otherwise ita reconmendet to take foul acid and vit d, which i also not really sure if its wise espicaly the vit d i will not take. Apart from that i always put some kelp and tumericover on the vegetables.
    Pregant in summer i know sun is the best ,but now its winter. If u have any other tipps I really would appeeicate your help.
    Thx in advace.

2. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

Use Fire , or oil , candles

3. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

DON'T TAKE FOLIC ACID, it can lead to birth defects.
    Just eat some beef or chicken liver for folate. Eat fatty meat, organs, seafood, fermented cheese and you will get all the nutrients that you could possibly need.

Think about increasing your fat intake before cutting carbs. Once you feel more satiated from eating more fat, you can reduce the carbs. If you eat lots of fat and still crave carbs then maybe you haven't eaten enough, so don't restrict carbs if you find eating enought fat too hard to get satiated.

As an example lets say you need 2700Kcal, then on a high fat carnivore diet you may need to eat to eat something like 261g of fat and 87g of protein to be successful. If you only eat 150g of fat then, you would need to add 250g of carbs(1.25 cups of refined sugar) to replace calories of the 111g of fat you didn't eat. If you try to do keto or carnivore you may simply end up not eating enough.

You might need to increase your carbs rather than reducing them right now. Depends on how much fat you eat.

I'm not a doctor or a dietitian. Just saying what makes sense to me currently.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Matt Fowler and Dan2 like this.
  4. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

5. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Fertility, Pre-natal, Pregnancy, Breast Feeding and Peri-menopause with Jaime Seeman, MD

from the video description:
    "0:57:22 Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes
    0:58:40 Ketones, carbohydrates, and pregnancy
    1:06:37 Postpartum and breastfeeding"

___

Lily Nichols - 'Is Low Carb Safe During Pregnancy?
    '

Other videos with Lily Nichols about low carb and pregnancy:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lily+nichols+pregnancy

___

"The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care" (2013) (Weston A. Price Foundation) PDF:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...evated-tsh-how-much-lugols.25294/#post-292947

"Nourishing Fats - Why We Need Animal Fats" (2017) and "Nourishing Traditions" (2001) PDFs:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-tsh-how-much-lugols.25294/page-2#post-292963

About cod liver oil:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-tsh-how-much-lugols.25294/page-2#post-292964

Having a Healthy Pregnancy - Sally Fallon Morell

6. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Newsletter about "essential" and "non-essential" amino acids from Lily Nichols (https://lilynicholsrdn.com/):

"Every so often, I come across research that makes me question everything that I was ever taught.

In school, we learn that some of the amino acids are “essential,” meaning your body cannot make them (rather you must consume them in your diet), while others are “non-essential,” meaning your body can make them from other amino acids (and thus there's no need to eat them directly).

However, research into the functions of individual amino acids has exploded in the past few decades and some say that non-essential amino acids (NEAAs) is “a misnomer in nutritional sciences and should no longer be used.”

In fact, “extensive studies indicate that animals and humans cannot adequately synthesize NEAAs to meet optimal metabolic and functional needs under either normal or stress conditions.” (Note that pregnancy would count as a “stress condition,” especially given recent data that protein requirements in pregnancy are significantly higher than previously thought.)

Many functions of NEAAs cannot be achieved by essential amino acids. This includes: neurotransmission, regulation of acid-base balance by the kidneys, creation of bile acids, antioxidative reactions in retinal cells, heart, and skeletal muscle (particularly by taurine), conversion of folate to tetrahydrofolate in one-carbon metabolism, creation of glutathione (main liver detoxification enzyme), creation of thyroid hormones, and dozens of other functions.

Many examples of this are true in regards to prenatal nutrition, where amino acids like glycine and taurine become conditionally essential. This is a huge overlooked topic, especially for those who do not eat adequate amounts of protein or who don’t include protein from a variety of sources (and therefore certain amino acids can be lacking or entirely missing from the diet).

Until nutrition science catches up to define the needs of amino acids more clearly, I strongly encourage an omnivorous diet. This is the time tested way to check all the boxes for your micronutrient needs, as well as all amino acids, whether “essential” or “non-essential.”

I know this topic remains controversial, as more and more people opt for 100% plant based diets (aka vegan), but there’s so much yet to be uncovered in nutrition science.

Just when you think the “science is settled” on a topic, we realize that it isn’t. Remember, consensus science isn’t science at all!

If the concept of non-essential amino acids is scientifically unproven, what else is wrong/lacking in our understanding of nutrition?

Looks like nutrition textbooks everywhere now need some major revisions!

Until next week,
    Lily"