1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

Pregnancy/Delivery

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Valsun12, May 16, 2017.

1. Valsun12

Valsun12 New Member

My thoughts are focused on women's experience of pregnancy/labor and delivery. As a recent new Mom, now I have experienced the programming of what "should" be considered and "process" that women are brainwashed and sold to believe. My concern is primarily set on the high % number of C-sections and our nations high infant mortality rate.

Why are so many women misinformed and not allowed to attempt to birth and are manipulated towards a C-section? (The caveat..Yes I do believe certain situations call all hands on deck, but majority no.)
    ---I got lucky(meaning I HAD to help myself) and stepped out of the programming zone for my two deliveries, but felt pressure every step of the way for my decisions--yes many fear tactics felt for not following the "rules"!---My goal was vaginal delivery because of all the important bacteria and benefits to baby...and YEAH, goal accomplished in both deliveries because I was super strong not to cave in to recommendations while also creating a support team in the delivery room!..While following the alternative approach to the these miraculous experiences by seeking birth centers -->I could still feel the strong vibes set by the establishment of medications and ugly recommendations such as...., your "40" weeks are here its time to force baby out", and even also "you need a C-section NOW because at 34 weeks baby is breach" (I Thought the alternatives were suppose to first give you other options before such extreme recommendations!)
    However, I said No! lets see if baby can come on their own and flip by using Chiropractic care-->which she did healthy and born at 43 weeks(another paradigm women are forced to believe with bad studies that being post date will always lead to failure! ..But I do remember in this time of waiting and trying other approaches how my internal voice was pulled in so many scary directions!...Women deserve more respect than this when we are bringing life into the world and learning our options.

...At the same time---> What is going on, why are women not producing Oxytocin on their own and the rate of inductions is ridiculously high? Is this due to lack of good sunlight, that women just can't birth as well? ..Yes probably...its a big piece. How can we start creating a system where industry will value and help us be able to have flexible work options (if able, like if you don't have a job as a neurosurgeon )---like being outside more instead of indoors working during pregnancy?..and value the sake of our unborn children to thrive by first having a good birth experience?
  2. JanSz

JanSz Silver

I am 77yo man, now.
    When my wife got pregnant, she just ended her professional dancer carrier, so she was a fit above average.
    Both of my children were delivered "naturally". Both in the hospital.
    First son, in USA, then daughter in Poland, 1 1/2 years latter.
    In USA she was heavily sedated, all went easy during delivery and afterward.
    She went home day or two latter.
    She had to be cut to to facilitate delivery.
    In Poland, all was natural.
    She stretched the birth canal area, took over 2-3 years to settle.
    She was in the hospital for two weeks, I had very brief encounter with both of them and then was not able to see them in hospital.
    Daughter developed diarrhea and terrible diaper rash, all fault of my wife (they said), (she was on hospital food).
    Daughter's hips were somewhat dislocated took a long time to heal.
    Since I was not living in Poland, they had to charge me for the use of hospital, less than $10 (ten) of 1975 dollars.
    At the time I was making about 6 or $7000/year ($2.25/hr + OT), poor BC/BS insurance, so the over $1000 was harder to come, but no complains.

This is where we are going, unless health care discussions settle. You really do not want something that is free (and worth the price).

My opinion on Health Insurance.
    Only very catastrophic should be available.
    The rest should be paid by consumer (using cash only).

You would be surprised of the prices when set by market forces.
    Also, when bills are settled by using cash only.
    Looking at the money helps. It is harder to feel spending when using credit cards.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Valsun12

Valsun12 New Member

Yes agreed, we have to empower ourselves and get knowledgeable or else free equals MORE RISK and UGLY "interest" behavior --> let the markets dictate so that people can choose better roads, better light, better food...
  6. Valsun12

Valsun12 New Member

Fantastic articles! Thanks Jack