1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Pre, Pre diabetes

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Danny, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Danny

Danny New Member

Hi Jack! I've noticed slow wound healing in my hands and dry skin on my shins for quite a few years. I've often wondered if there was a spectrum of diagnoses in regards to type 2 diabetes and if I was on that spectrum. My HbA1C seems to always be at the high end of normal range. What are the most important blood panel parameters to consider and their healthy ranges? Obviously unsupplemented vitamin D is one.

Thanks!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

there is a spectrum......and the current use of the guidelines to diagnosis is are not sensitive or specific enough.

Danny likes this.
  3. Danny

Danny New Member

Thanks!

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What is your fasting insulin?
    I think <= 5 would be desirable.

/
    I use Spectracell, it does:

Carbohydrate Metabolism
    Glucose-Insulin Interaction
    Fructose Sensitivity
    Chromium

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  5. Danny

Danny New Member

Last time I had blood tests was in april 2015 and my fasting blood glucose was 92 and my HbA1C was 5.3%. I will be getting blood panels done in about a month.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Rather than blood panels,
    or
    on top of that
    Spectracell Micronutrient analysis.

@Danny

Danny likes this.
  7. RobH

RobH Gold

Danny likes this.
  8. Danny

Danny New Member

JanZ, RobH thank you! I will look into these.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Note that the Spectracell test report will give you guidance that may improve results of next test done 6+ months latter.

Danny likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Danny likes this.
  11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Danny, I have had dry skin on my shins before. It slowly got worse, so most of my legs and arms were also covered with a whitish haze. I tried using coconut oil, but the problem gradually got worse, even to the point of some eczema-like areas. My A1C and wound healing was ok, though.

I stopped the CO, and wiped on water whenever I was going to town. This seemed to help the eczema disappear, but the white haze continued. I noticed that if I went to bed earlier, reading under red light, the haze would recede some. So even if I was wearing orange goggles, the blue light from my husband's TV watching made my skin worse. This was over a period of years. Summer and Winter. Finally I stopped grounding anywhere near power lines. I'd put on shoes if I had to walk near them. I avoided getting near them in the first place. The white haze disappeared totally.

I have seen it reappear on my shins when visiting family for a day or two, because of their lighting and other EMF choices, or perhaps just being in a city, but it quickly fades when I'm in a better environment.

I've thought about the phenomenon, and perhaps the nnEMF is grounding through my skin to the atmosphere, destroying a thin layer of skin cells. Since the shins are distant from the heart and brain, there is less energy/magnetism in those areas to calm the nnEMF chaos. I think the coconut oil was altering the solar spectrum, or facilitating skin grounding, or perhaps I'm just intolerant of it.

So I suggest avoiding blue light on the skin after dark, and avoiding power lines. Just my two cents.

Danny likes this.
  12. I remember co lecturing at I think an ACAM meeting with Atkins and Barry Sears and at break I was appalled at what I saw Atkins and Sears scarfed down before any of the attendees got into the break room.

JanSz likes this.
  13. Danny

Danny New Member

How much/what did they eat?

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Depends upon your light mismatch and % heteroplasmy rate at present moment. The key is if you cannot fat burn you need most protein and fat intake to keep TCA cycling low. When mitochondria are damaged for any physiologic or environmental reason they cannot utilized beta oxidation to burn fat so they have to revert to the older evolutionary pathways in the TCA cycle. This older pathway is OK for simple organism like Bacteria and Archea but it is not good for chronic use in complex eukaryotic cells. If you rely on the TCA cycle for too long it will stimulate cell growth to try to offset the energy deficit. The reason for this is that simple life ability to make energy is limited by the geometry of their cell membranes. So they have to lean heavy on the TCA cycle to make up the energy deficit. When you have no ability to fat burn you become more bacteria like in energy generation because our mitochondria reverts to its ancient bacterial past. This is why the Warburg metabolism occurs. This amount of energy does not allow for FULL CELL function and this is why their disease phenotype manifest because the change in the mitochondria forces epigenetic changes in the nuclear genome to help offset the energy loss.

It is not that hard to see when you understand Dr. Doug Wallace's work. This is why patients with high % heteroplasmy crave carbohydrates and love blue light devices. You need to not allow these things to happen in your local environment because it deepens the "energy deficit" for these people to crawl out of. These two environmental ACTIONS act in unison to keep their gut microbiome simplified and allow for chronic rapid TCA cycling to make energy from carbohydrates. The problem is the longer they stay in this cycle the deeper the mitochondrial defects get the worse their mitochondria get in many tissues. This is why obesity leads to so many other diseases as more mitochondria are mowed down. Fixing neolithic disease is a mitochondrial Rx to regain fat burning, nothing else and nothing more. Blood glutamate and glucose are always raised in these people because glutamate and glucose are part of the TCA being overused because they cannot access beta oxidation of fats. The proof: Studies have shown that increased oxygen consumption and N-acetylglutamate and urea synthesis are coupled to agmatine-induced stimulation of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation. IMPLICATIONS: So if you cannot use beta oxidation it means glutamate and glucose will rise in the blood plasma. This explains many disease because it is the common pathways seen in altered mitochondrial as laid out by Dr. Doug Wallace's 40 years of work in mitochondrial medicine.

RobH, Danny and Jenelle like this.
  15. Danny

Danny New Member

Thank you for the reinforcement of this message. The blogs are really hammering it home. It is loud and clear. I'm sure my heteroplasmy % is high. I know I spent too much time under a damn cell tower (5 years).