1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

PPP and Glycogen

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by QiGuy1997, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When the shuttle is working we pump electrons from cytosolic NADH directly in to the mitochondrial respiratory chain through the FADH2 tunneler. When you do this............it is electron only required and no pumping of protons. Anybody see WHY yet?

The G3P shuttle is the key to understanding the QED mystery of the PPP.

In leptin sensitive cells with low cytokines the signal to reject excess energy from food picks on glucose at cytochrome one because it is first in the chain. When it happens we get the development of insulin resistance from superoxide production of cytochrome 1, specifically at the iron sulphur cluster N-1a (Transition metal alert) . Lady evolution used Occams razor and made it simple............ to access this by burning saturated fats (NOT PUFA's) to generate a lot of FADH2. When you do this little molecular demon trick it cause backward bidirectional flow of a few electrons through complex I and it completely shuts down the Peatatarian carbohydrate pathway unknown to the Peatatarians.

You can make glucose act as if it were butter through the G3P shuttle.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

QiGuy the Epi paleo Rx give you a perfect 4:1 ratio of O6/O3 fats for perfect CNS resonant vibration for all the coherent platforms I mentioned in EE6 for membranes. DHA pi electrons clouds are big in all this.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What plants do is different.......as we go up the tree of life, life becomes more efficient at entropy dumps back to the environment......and this is done by better Maxwell Demons. The G3P shuttle is one of those examples Qiguy.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The right environmental cues cause us to give up an EMF saturated lifestyle naturally. This is what makes most of what I write about hard for people to believe or fathom .....EMF 4 hits that nerve boldly. Lady evolution use of the Maxwell demons is the key.....it is QED and not biology and that is why they dont get it........Ling was the guy who kicked the door in on this.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And here is the final thought for the PPP in relation to the skeptics.......the Glycerol 3 phosphate step is really special and important and different. When you start with glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate and synthesize one molecule of pyruvate, the net yield of ATP and NADH would be what is 2 ATP and 1 NADH. This allows you to avoid cytochrome 1 in ETC because it generates NADH. The reason why this mechanism of the PPP is special is the energy requiring steps of glycolysis are completely bypassed when starting with glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate

We get 2 ATP produced at phosphoglycerate kinase and pyruvate kinase steps.

1 NADH produced at glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase step.

BOOM.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

all of our metabolic cycles are coupled to circadian biology all circadian cycles are coupled to Maxwell demons........therefore biology is QED's bitch. Means you better know a bit about physics......or you wind up confused posting NIH links all day to support your beliefs. Nature's laws should be our straight edge.........not biology's pathways in textbooks.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

• Nothings proves anything wrong that we find in science. We all need this bold reminder on the education in science. “If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part.”
      ― Richard P. Feynman

• “We are trying to prove ourselves wrong as quickly as possible, because only in that way can we find progress.”
      ― Richard P. Feynman

• “Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”
      ― Richard P. Feynman

• This is why the guy was brilliant.......he got the essence of QED and what it really means to understanding and biology. It is a constant journey by asking better questions and finding your N=1. There is no bell curve for biology when the "field" biology plays upon is in constant flux because of the 3 legged stool. Nothing is constant and stable.......everything is in flux and this is why the quantum cell is designed to be METASTABLE as well.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) and Josh like this.
  8. Josh

Josh Gold

As I woke up understanding it:

ATP concentration=abundance of energy and reliable function of water battery with properly unfolded proteins

High ATP concentration only possible when making ATP from FA via PPP

PPP only reliably active when cold adapted and or ketotic via diet or starvation

ATP = essentially more electrons and protons to create bigger superconducting current

12-24 months of PPP function to see overall higher ATP concentration and sustained enhanced function = something like hitting the boiling point/phase change of water or any material=behaves by different laws

Higher ATP Concentration=ability to maintain water battery=close to zero entropy=close to 100% efficiency=body becomes close to a perpetual energy machine=desirable if one can stand the energy and use it creatively

Brother John likes this.
  9. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

OK Jack,

How are the proton gradients in mitochondria (delta psi) maintained at an adequate level to support continued heat generation and ATP formulation during the long cold winter in the face of this seasonal insulin resistance? If complex I is mostly bypassed in favor of complex II and protons are therefore no longer pumped across the membrane in appreciable amounts, how are all the protons liberated from fats utilized during the long cold winter? Is it just that the proton pumping of complex III is sufficient to maintain a "decent enough delta psi" during winter to drive energetics or am I missing something else? Also, how do free fatty acids DIRECTLY uncouple respiration themselves?

Less ATP would need to be generated in winter if a mammal is properly grounded and magnetized without electron leaks, I'd think. And since he would be naturally much less oxidized, he should require less external inputs to remain homeostatic in terms of his protein unfolding and cell function. (aka less ATP) Thats the whole point of hibernation, right? But he still needs to continuously generate heat from fat for a long time. Are there other ways protons from fat can generate heat besides dissipating a high proton-motive-force across the inner mitochondrial membrane?

This question assumes that Mitchell's standard model of the chemiosmotic mitochondrial proton gradient driving the ATPase is correct, of course. I know that you have debunked a lot of Mitchell's other ideas, but I'm not clear of how you stand on that particular fundamental mechanism of his in light of QED. Is Mitchell's idea of the PMF gonna fall too when this is all over, or was that the one thing he was right about?

10. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Also, what happens to that 300mV of lost energy when this pathway is utilized? Since it is not pumping protons to generate heat, is it generating heat somewhere else? If not, where does it go?

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

WATER NEIL...............WATER ABSORBS THE LOST ENERGY PPP = COLD KETOSIS AND HYDRATION.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

reverse water micelles around mitochondria and proteins absorb all the energy and return it to the system of semiconduction in collagen. Ketosis creates way more ATP than glucose does. 147- 36. Now yopu are seeing why winter makes 4 times as much ATP than summer............in summer you dont need all that power because the electrons are loaded with higher energies to do the mitochondrial dirty work. Energy = voltage= redox power

NeilBB likes this.
  13. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Also Jack, in Quantum Biology 4 you said:

Can you elaborate on these cytosolic aspects of metabolism in a ketogenic diet?

Is most of the fat-generated heat production in a ketotic winter generated in the cytosol rather than the mitochondria under optimal circumstances? If so, then do adding in out-of-season carbs essentially "overwork" mitochondria at a time in which they are basically supposed to be in a low-functioning relatively resting state of a sort-of gentle reverse electron flow/insulin resistance? Is that a proper way of thinking about this or am I way off base?

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

the cytoplasm is where the collagen nanotubes connect to the membrane everywhere in the system to distribute energies. Collagen is the wire that delivers the photoelectric effect everywhere and it happens close to the speed of light. It is faster than nervous system conduction. and yes the mitochondria are given a mxed message by carbs.............they sense it is winter but what i sfed down the ETC doies not match. This creates chaos swelling inflammation and loss of energy transfer to water.............because ATP lowers the binding sites on proteins for water. ATP is important to make water a liquid crystalline semiconductor and collagen is embedded in it as a wire to allow all parts of the cytoarchitecture to communicate with 100% efficiency.

NeilBB likes this.
  15. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I have always thought of "uncoupling" as just uncoupling the proton-motive-force from ATP synthesis in mitochondria, to produce heat in the mitochondria. Would it be more correct to think of uncoupling as also decreasing mitochondrial workload by diverting more of metabolism (fatty acid/ketone metabolism specifically) to the cytosol for heat dissipation there?

16. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

How does a ketogenic diet make so much more ATP while pumping fewer protons to set up the PMF gradient? Without the strong mitochondrial proton gradient, how does the ATPase work? Is it that the ATPase is somehow conformationally changed to work on lower delta-psi also in this ketotic cold environment?

17. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Or is Mitchell's idea about how ATP is made just as wrong as his idea about how it is used? Is the proton gradient really what powers the ATP-synthase at all?

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well Mitchell has and had no idea what ATP did. Look at Ling's page on the letters he sent to Mitchell. They are classic.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You said, "How does a ketogenic diet make so much more ATP while pumping fewer protons to set up the PMF gradient?" My answer is in the Quantum electron blog. During oxidative phosphorylation, almost all of the reducing equivalents produced by glucose metabolism in the Krebs cycle are in the form of NADH with the exception of the succinate dehydrogenase step, which takes place in mitochondrial complex II and makes FADH2. Metabolism of one molecule of glucose produces an NADH:FADH2 ratio of 5:1 whereas fatty acid metabolism in beta oxidation and the Krebs cycle will produce a ratio of of 3:1 depending on the length of the fatty acid.

NADH is oxidized only in mitochondrial complex I whereas FADH2 is oxidized only in complex II. Complex I produces more reactive oxygen species than complex II.

As such, production of a specific number of ATP molecules from glucose has the potential to generate more reactive oxygen species compared to the generation of the same number of ATP molecules from fatty acids.

20. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Absolutely! He was clueless about what ATP did. But wasn't he right about how ATP was synthesized? i.e, by harnessing the power of protons falling across the inner mitochondrial membrane to phosphorylate ADP?