1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

postpartum depression, low dopamine?, fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Dar9903, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Dar9903

Dar9903 New Member

Hi -
    I am pretty new here and have to admit that my brain fog makes it hard for me to follow some of what is discussed on the blog and the forums (my problem, not an issue of the content!) I'm looking for help on where to start.

Background on me: I am just crawling out of a long bout with post-partum depression (I'm 21 months PP). I concurrently have had digestive slow-down and what seems like a total tanking of my sex hormones--no sex drive, no period (just stopped breastfeeding to try to see if I'll restart). I have achy joints and muscle fatigue/wasting (labeled fibromyalgia/CFS by rheum).

I have what seems like a way overactive sympathetic nervous system--easily startled, constipation when stressed, etc. I have low basal body temp, low BP, and I also have Raynaud's, so the idea of cold thermogenesis is totally scary to me! (Although I want to try it...) I have high iGG titers for a bunch of infections (parvo, EBV, mycoplasma) and had an active mycoplasma infection till recently.

I have restless sleep. I've had a couple hyperthyroid flares in life, but not since daughter was born. If anything, my thyroid is sluggish -- conversion of T4 to T3 is on the low side. I basically feel much older than my 35 year old self.

Oh, I should also mention that I've always been super fair-skinned and my family inculcated in me a real fear of sun exposure, which I'm working to get over because I know my vit D is low. I'm not sure I'm great at absorbing it from the sun, though--what's going on with me seems pretty consistent with low a-MSH. My job requires me to sit behind a computer -- but I did reduce my hours to 15 a week after I (my adrenals?) tanked out postpartum. I have also spent a ton of time on the internet searching for answers to my issues (tried parasite cleanses, candida diet, autoimmune paleo, etcetcetc), so I have probably been exposing myself way too much to EMF.

I know that my hormones are out of whack. I just don't know where to start. I saw on one of the threads that the leptin reset is not for people with BMI of 25 or lower, that they should proceed directly to the post-leptin reset time. Is that true? Because I have an average BMI (21) but I crave food from 2 pm to 6 pm basically. I ate strict paleo for a while and then realized it was making me shaky and sad. So I've added some grains back in.

Sorry for the long post. I guess I'm just hoping someone who's been in a similar spot can break down for me where to begin with all this.

Thanks for reading!
    Dar